• In total there are 18 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 18 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

What NON-FICTION book would you like to read and discuss next?

Collaborate in choosing our next NON-FICTION book for group discussion within this forum. A minimum of 5 posts is necessary to participate here!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: What NON-FICTION book would you like to read and discuss next?

Unread post

Aren't Robin eggs beautiful? Look at the gorgeous color. I'm glad all of their little ones survived.

Several days ago I was talking with my 10-year old son about the evolutionary principle of overproduction. Basically, that states that more offspring are produced than can possibly survive. The best suited survive to pass along their genes. He shares my fascination with science, nature and reality in general, so he really absorbs these conversations. I love hearing when a nest full of baby birds survive. Of course they will face daily survival challenges moving forward but they made it so far so that's awesome. Thanks for sharing those cool pics.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

That's awesome. I am proud of all 4 of my kids. They research, think, apply, and question. Keep up the good work!

For weeks after, I saw at least two of the 4 that hatched around the property. It is an experience I won't forget.
When you refuse to learn, you become a disease.
Cariadgreen
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Hello

I hope this is allowed. I have written and published a self-help book that I hope will help people with the changes they are experiencing due to everything that has happened over the last year. I have really enjoyed the process of taking my knowledge, researching and writing my book, however I made some rookie errors along the way. I would really value your opinion/critique on my book as I have only received feedback from my family and the copy editor read, and now really understand the need and value for gaining others opinions before publishing. It is currently free as an ebook, although I prefer paperbacks myself.

I would be honoured if you would take the time to read it and engage in discussion, conversation about how you found it, both negative and positive. Shaping Your New Normal: Navigating Your Life After the Global Covid-19 Pandemic

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shaping-Your-N ... 8&qid=&sr=

Apologise if this post isn't allowed

Michelle x
Cariadgreen
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

P.S I love the pictures of the Robins eggs such beautiful colours. Hope the birds are doing well
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Authors posting books here is acceptable, but there is a specific forum for it I believe.

Thanks for enjoying the pictures. It was a great experience witnessing that process.
Cariadgreen
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Thanks Mr.Pessimistic I will take a look. Have a good day
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

:bananen_smilies085: :bananen_smilies090: :bananen_smilies012: :bananen_smilies008: :bananen_smilies022: :bananadance:
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

I'm going to simply create a poll with books soon. I'm not sure why our regulars aren't suggesting books but we're due for selecting a new non-fiction.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

The following book would be excellent for group discussion. Richard Dawkins has a new book coming out on May 7th called Books do Furnish a Life: An electrifying celebration of science writing.

Books Do Furnish a Life is divided by theme, including celebrating nature, exploring humanity, and interrogating faith. For the first time, it brings together Richard Dawkins' forewords, afterwords and introductions to the work of some of the leading thinkers of our age - Carl Sagan, Lawrence Krauss, Jacob Bronowski, Lewis Wolpert - with a selection of his reviews to provide an electrifying celebration of science writing, both fiction and non-fiction. It is also a sparkling addition to Dawkins' own remarkable canon of work.

Take a look again at some of those names. We have done live chat sessions here on BookTalk.org with Richard Dawkins, Matt Ridley, Steven Pinker and Carl Sagan's widow, Ann Druyan. So this book contains the writing of some of our favorite authors.

Please read the book description and let me know what you think.
Attachments
51gmUJ+pcDL._SL250_.jpg
51gmUJ+pcDL._SL250_.jpg (14.1 KiB) Viewed 3217 times
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

I will read any of these. So... Lets get to voting!!

Return to “What non-fiction book should we read and discuss next?”