• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

Attempting to locate a certain story arch.

#25: April - June 2006 (Fiction)
Fishpickles
Official Newbie!

Attempting to locate a certain story arch.

Unread post

Hello, i see there has not been a post here in quite a while, but i'm hoping someone sees this and is able to help me.

I read the Enders series years ago, and was thinking back to a cliff hanger i remember at the time. There were no further books published at that point, and wondered if it was ever answered in any newer short stories or novels.

I don't remember it too well, but the gist of it goes something like: Seeking the origins of the Descolada virus, a few people are on board a ship, and receive a message from someone that they think may be the creators of the original virus, only to discover the virus itself is encoded in the message.

I do not recall ever finding an end to this. I have gone through the novels that i have, and can't for the life of me seem to find it to give more information. Short of re reading the novels to find out which one it is it, i was hoping someone could help me remember where it is, and if it ever went anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-fish
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Attempting to locate a certain story arch.

Unread post

That's the virus that the little ones need to survive. It's been a long time, but from what I remember Ender and a friend go to an alternate dimension, and the friend makes a recolada virus. This gives the little ones what they need to survive, and eliminates the negative effects of the descolada. The alternate dimension has something to do with the hive queen genesis. Hope that helps.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
Fishpickles
Official Newbie!

Re: Attempting to locate a certain story arch.

Unread post

Yeah it does, i don't suppose you remember w3hich book this was in?

Thanks for the reply!

Return to “Ender's Game - by Orson Scott Card”