• In total there are 25 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 25 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

New member introduction

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
COLIN TALBOT
Official Newbie!

New member introduction

Unread post

Hello. I am fairly new to novel writing, but I am not new to novel reading.
I hope to do plenty of reading and writing, courtesy of this website, in the future.

kind regards
Colin.
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Re: New member introduction

Unread post

Welcome, Colin. I have tried a little fiction writing myself, with middling results. Nothing sold, yet. I hope Booktalk helps you think things through and generates interesting subject matter.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Hi Colin, :wink: and welcome to Book Talk. :welcome:
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
johnmorgan
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Hi everyone, I am new here.
be safe stay healthy Image
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

:welcome:
Have a look around and get involved...
k_leh
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Hi Colin!
CaitlinDBurnside
Getting Comfortable
Great Britain

Re: New member introduction but older 😸

Unread post

Hello all, writers, readers and authors,

I'm new here but older in life. Recently widowed (2022) and also lost an adult son in 2017.

Acquired an adorable all black kitten as companion to both myself and daughter, in late 2022.

I was preparing to upload the day husband died. Out of respect for him, I've left my writing and publishing since. There was way too much to take care of that needed immediate attention.

Finally, August (2023) was the last crazy month. The remaining months, we've been able to begin our recoveries. Therefore, I'm preparing to get into my novels, trailers and all, soon.

It's still difficult, so I definitely take my time, slow and steady wins the race... So, the saying goes, and with this New Year 2024, that is our Motto!

Yours in ink, Caitlin
"Writing is the painting of the voice."
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/cdburnside
OpanaPointer
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

Ooops. Well now I'm doing this. Me:

1. Born the same day, month, and year as Rush Limbaugh, which proves astrology is bunk.

2. Grade school in Indiana, a wide-spot-in-the-road town of <7,000 people. Graduated on a Thursday, sworn into the USN the next day.

3. Twenty years in the USN. I was in tourist mode, slept in 72 countries. Bought a VW microbus while stationed in Sicily and went clockwise around the east end of the Med, then down the eastern side of Africa, up the west side from Cape Town, stopping in Timbuktu, because I had to, then across the straights and back down to Sicily.

4. After I retired I went to Purdue U. for 14 years. Advisor on historical matters to the Historical Branches of the Army, Navy, and Marine Corps.

5. While at Purdue I helped provide reference documents for WWII to the above Historical Branches. http://ibiblio.org/hyperwar and http://ibiblio.org/pha and some smaller sites.

Married four times, divorced twice. Owned by three indoor cats and three outdoor cats.

Last seen wearing board shorts and wife beaters, flip flops if I'm doing something formal.

That's the short me.
B. Camp
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

I'm not truly new here. I joined the forum some time ago but sort of let it slide. Cold weather and snow have kept me indoors and I got bored so I've been focusing on some of the things I've neglected.
I was born in the Appalachian mountains. I attended elementary school, secondary school and college all in the same county. After college I graduated from the University of Ky medical school. I did family practice for three years then did a residency in psychiatry.
I retired in 2020 and after a couple of years I got bored and started writing.
So far I've written ten short novels. I've focused mainly on science fiction but I've written one suspense, one adventure and one fantasy. They've been mildly successful but I don't have the talent to write "The Great American Novel". Still, I enjoy it and I guess I'll keep writing. :)
SimonRomero
Official Newbie!
United States of America

Unread post

Hello, I'm Simon Romero, I love reading books and discussing them. I have read many books and at the moment I am reading "The Lost Ways" by Claude Davis. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Return to “Everything Else”