• In total there are 9 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 9 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 813 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 pm

Angel in the Upper Peninsula - A Memoir

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
CrystalHallman
Official Newbie!

Angel in the Upper Peninsula - A Memoir

Unread post

"Angel in the Upper Peninsula - A Memoir" recounts the seven years I spent in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in the 1970's from age 14 to age 20. The book tells the story of how, at age 14, my three sisters and I were taken from our home in Wisconsin by our mother to live on the outskirts of an Indian reservation with her boyfriend who was on the run from the mafia for gambling debts. A survival story, the book entails my sister's and my attempt to escape the isolation of our new home and our mother's boyfriend, who declared his hatred for us, by running away from home. My sister would escape, bit I was returned to Michigan where I would wind up being sexually exploited by my mother's boyfriend's son who moved in with us, getting pregnant at age 16 by a mentally ill and physically abusive man 20 years my senior, and after three years of marriage and two children would ultimately be rescued by undercover police.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Re: Angel in the Upper Peninsula - A Memoir

Unread post

CrystalHallman
Official Newbie!

Re: Angel in the Upper Peninsula - A Memoir

Unread post

Thank you for your kind words! Yes, all is good now. Working on the sequel. Hope all is well with you also. :-)

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”