Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:11 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
A mobile app for readers 
Official Newbie!

Post A mobile app for readers
Hi,

I’m a big lover of non-fiction books, and need your advice here.
I’m currently writing a mobile app, which helps to organize / store valuable information which we read.
I was doing it for myself initially, but now want to share with others and collect their opinions in order to make it better.

Would it be permitted to share such information within this group?

Thanks!

Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:58 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

Post Re: A mobile app for readers
Yes, as long as you are here for discussion and not to promote your app. In other words if your next post is all about getting members to visit your site then you're here for that purpose.

Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:51 pm
Profile Email WWW
Official Newbie!

Chris OConnor wrote:
Yes, as long as you are here for discussion and not to promote your app. In other words if your next post is all about getting members to visit your site then you're here for that purpose.

Hi Chris, thank you for the reply! Yes, I'm here for discussion :)
I haven't published my app to the Apple App Store yet, but it is available in Google Play for Android users, under name "Readult"
Here is the app link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ta.readult

Since I read many non-fiction books every year, I noticed that I really have trouble remember things that I've read before, which makes me regret the time I spent for reading.
By doing a bit of studying on the topic, I figured that the main reason why readers forget things fast is the lack of rehearsal. And since I like paper books - keeping track of notes for them is not an easy thing to do.

My application lets you make important notes quickly (it utilises OCR to scan text quickly from paper books, for example) and keep them on your phone, grouped by book title.
Then, while I'm travelling to the office - I spend 10-20 minutes every day to read the notes on the phone, which kinda makes my brain remember things better.

So, in a way, it is a simple note-taking app, but targeted specifically for book readers, and I'm here to collect responses from other readers on how they keep their notes, and if an app like mine can be helpful for them as well.

Looking forward for further discussion!
Thanks

Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:38 am
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

I was just searching for a home library organization app. I like that yours allows scanning codes to enter the books into the app. Being able to scan the codes is essential.

Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:05 am
Profile Email WWW
Official Newbie!

Appreciate your feedback. Let me know if there is anything you like/dislike, or would like to add.

The following user would like to thank arpallo for this post:
Chris OConnor
Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:07 pm
Profile Email
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.