• In total there are 33 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 32 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

What are some original supplements of Byron’s poem “She walk in beauty”?

A platform to express and share your enthusiasm and passion for poetry. What are your treasured poems and poets? Don't hesitate to showcase the poems you've penned yourself!
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Knight
Master Debater

What are some original supplements of Byron’s poem “She walk in beauty”?

Unread post

Lord Byron’s poem “She walks in Beauty” is exquisite in every aspect, I have been reading it from three days and every day I get a new sense from it. Wikipedia writes
It is said to have been inspired by an event in Byron's life. On 11 June 1814, Byron attended a party in London. Among the guests was Mrs. Anne Beatrix Wilmot, wife of Byron's first cousin, Sir Robert Wilmot. He was struck by her unusual beauty, and the next morning the poem was written.
I want to know where Lord Byron said about this event and I request for other supplements, like his personal letters or some reminiscences by his acquaintances when he mentioned that poem or subject of that poem to them. Any suggestion about how can I comprehend this poem even more is heartily welcomed.

Thank you.

Return to “A Passion for Poetry”