• In total there are 18 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 18 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Depth Psychology and Creativity

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
pwvd4walt
Official Newbie!

Depth Psychology and Creativity

Unread post

The Old Woman and the Moon

During a white water time in the 1990's I started experimenting with creative material and discovered the reality of psychic interaction in, what I call, the creative space. A conversation developed, and this became a lifeline, an exhibition at the Irma Stern Musem, 2 publications and ongoing workshops, supported by the South African Jungian Association.

In this book, the Old Woman herself is the old moon; she is ‘the ancient,’ the basic archetypal pattern of the personality and the origin of the book.

In this well-prepared book, the reader may experience the reality of the psychic world in image. 47 Full page, full color pictures delight one, weaving the thread of deeper meaning to and fro across 25 years. Descriptions are multi-layered and instructive of the underlying creative and psychic processes. Additional information supports the reader in the form of appendixes, for example Alchemy as an ancient process. Mythology is used to amplify the deeper meaning of some works.

Read inside on ISSUUissuu.com/wilnavanderwalt/docs/the_old_ ... on_preview
More info on my Wordpress blog wilnavanderwalt.co.za/the-old-woman-and ... -the-moon/ This book can only be obtained through my website.
Soft cover – full color, fully illustrated | 112pp | 2016 | 21 x 26 cm | ISBN 978-0-620-69601-2
We follow Mulberry Woman discovering her inner light of what it means to truly be woman, right through the experience of the mother energy, up to those highly abstract and impersonal expressions of psyche, such as for example found in mandalas and mythological beasts.
Fred Borchardt, Jungian Analyst, Cape Town, SA, in the Jungian Mantis Journal Vol 28 No 1.
This is a book depicting the depth journey of individuation, over a twenty five year period, of images depicting this process of transformation. It illustrates the remarkable capacity of the psyche to reveal in images the inner process of becoming a more integrated human being. This book offers a rare glimpse into how the human psyche of one individual, who is willing to engage in a depth therapy process, is capable of transforming.
John Gosling, Jungian Analyst, Cape Town
What they say:
"I could not put it down."
"I return to it again and again, and find something new and meaningful each time."
Read the review on ISSUU https://issuu.com/wilnavanderwalt/docs/review

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”