• In total there are 20 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 20 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 813 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 pm

I'm new here, looking for fellow author friends

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
MK94
Getting Comfortable

I'm new here, looking for fellow author friends

Unread post

Hey there! :)
I'm a part of a bunch of FB groups but I thought I'd also make friends on some forum pages. This is actually the first one I've joined in a long while.

To make some friends and see if we "click" here are some questions from me to you! I'm also including what I'd answer myself.

What is your....?
Favorite book and/or author:
1) My favorite author is Suzanna Collins and my favorite book used to be her book, The Hunger Games but now it's a toss up between new her newest book, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, and the book The Companion by Katie Alender. (both recent new reads for me)
2) What is one of your vices?
One of mine is boba tea.
3) What are your favorite book genres?
Romance-focused OR fantasy, dystopian, sci-fi, or historical (but they must have a romance subgenre--though I have books that are exceptions)
4) What are your favorite TV/Movie genres?
TV: dark content and sci-fi Movies: Comedy, Heart-felt, and Dystopian
5) What do you like to go by?
Red or MK

Looking forward to getting to know some of you! :thanks2:
brian douglas
Permanent Ink Finger

Re: I'm new here, looking for fellow author friends

Unread post

What is your....?
Favorite book and/or author:

1) That is a tough one... I love "Les Misérables" especially the redemption aspect, but the end always guts me. I have read "The Long Walk" by Richard Bachman/Stephen King tens of times. I am also a fan of Russian literature. I don't have a favorite author as their works are often hit or miss and I'm always looking for something different.
2) What is one of your vices?
Diet Coke. I have 4 cases of 24 next to my desk at work.
3) What are your favorite book genres?
Substance and fluff, depending upon my mood but never romance.
4) What are your favorite TV/Movie genres?
I don't watch TV (or own one). As far as movies, I like something unusual that makes me think.
5) What do you like to go by?
I have been given several nicknames; some that I do not respond to, but the most common one that I don't mind is 'B-Diddy'.
On the thin ice of modern life...
MK94
Getting Comfortable

Re: I'm new here, looking for fellow author friends

Unread post

The B-Diddy made me laugh, fun/funny nicknames are the best!

Return to “Everything Else”