• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Christmas I don't believe

An open-minded and nonjudgmental place for sharing your personal writing, seeking feedback, and reading and discussing the writing of your fellow members.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
princesscookie19
Experienced

Christmas I don't believe

Unread post

Its late About 5:30pm and everyone is getting ready for Christmas EVE. There’s me,Alison and Rachel who don’t believe in Father Christmas you know, the REAL Santa ,Also known as St. Nicholas. So Like I was saying they don’t believe in true joy and happiness this year. Sure they want stuff but they don’t believe in having joy and a bit of fun.

CHAPTER 2 A day before Christmas eve
Day 2 and I have just been doing the tree and Alison and Rachel are watching the soaps highlights that are on only for 2days at Christmas.TO make the most of it I do my cheesecake and my truffle for the big man (Santa)

CHAPTER 3 Twelve O clock
Its 12:00am and I put everything out for Santa ,cookies & cream some rice crispies and cornflakes from the add on tv where Santa eats the cornflakes.The lights turn on from the tree and I hang up the stocking socks and close the door. I run upstairs and shut the door ready for tomorrow.

CHAPTER 4 I don’t believe in Christmas
Donno what time it was but I heard bells ringing and BANG BANG BANG.. “What was that?!” I hold my teddy close to me hoping it wasn’t the grim reaper (If you believe in horror masks that are only believe in when its Halloween) The bells shake and I hear a door swing open. I decide to check it out that its not the girls ruining it for everyone.I walk downstairs slowly and see Rachel standing there and she said “What are going to do give me some coal? And then I heard a loud “cough cough” in an inappropriate manner. “Well than I shall take the toy pony you asked for and I will give you coal for behaving in such a way Do you not believe in my elfs?that come every year?” He stood up and was so tall that he looked right down and then said “ I will take away all these presents”

What will come next? :)

Currently Reading - Daisy War Chain.
Murmur
Internet Sage

Re: Christmas I don't believe

Unread post

princesscookie19 wrote: What will come next? :)
Santa whips out his cell phone, dials a number, and says, "Krampus? Hey, it's me. Yeah, I got another one over here. The address here is []. Thanks, man."
princesscookie19
Experienced

Unread post

Thanks for the add on.. What about Rudolph rings the bells and says down the chimney " Lets go " and then santa Kneels down to the two girls that don't believe in him and says " I know the conva 19+ Is difficult but if you take this snow globe nad shake it you will see magical things that only happen once a year" So The two girls shake the globe and say " Wheres the mag---" and suddenly the globe sings from the movie frozen "let it go let it go" "Take a closer look " says santa clause . And then an Christmas elf jumps outa the globe and smiles with a grin and holds out a cuppa hotchocolate and some homemade cookies. The two girls jump back and notice a letter that was left onto the mantel piece. "It says --- Every child has a chance to be good but if you are really good ,good things may happen so touch the globe ,look deep into it and see " Then the letter goes on fire and shrivel up . The two girls stare at each other and laugh then santa said "Remember december chritsmas may come so be good and wishful things you may come" The two girls run up the stairway and close the door shut.
Santa whispers "Good night to you all and merry Christmas"

Currently Reading - Daisy War Chain.
Murmur
Internet Sage

Unread post

princesscookie19 wrote:Thanks for the add on.. What about Rudolph rings the bells and says down the chimney " Lets go " and then santa Kneels down to the two girls that don't believe in him and says " I know the conva 19+ Is difficult but if you take this snow globe nad shake it you will see magical things that only happen once a year" So The two girls shake the globe and say " Wheres the mag---" and suddenly the globe sings from the movie frozen "let it go let it go" "Take a closer look " says santa clause . And then an Christmas elf jumps outa the globe and smiles with a grin and holds out a cuppa hotchocolate and some homemade cookies. The two girls jump back and notice a letter that was left onto the mantel piece. "It says --- Every child has a chance to be good but if you are really good ,good things may happen so touch the globe ,look deep into it and see " Then the letter goes on fire and shrivel up . The two girls stare at each other and laugh then santa said "Remember december chritsmas may come so be good and wishful things you may come" The two girls run up the stairway and close the door shut.
Santa whispers "Good night to you all and merry Christmas"
Sure, that works too.
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

He takes no notice of the treats left out. He sneers at the on-lookers and says, "And what would the day be if all of ye listened to these right great skepticals? Ye thinks this day is a charm for the wee ones, to put sparkle in their eyes? No, ye fools, their eyes will sparkle with or without all the fooforah. The day is for the parents! To get them to lay aside their great heavy burthens, and forget for a day that their lives will be ruined if they don't work every joint til it's filed down and sagging. Maybe if they think for a bit about joy, and livin' in a world with sunsets and rainbows and butterflies instead o' one with SUVs and hustlin' off to high status vacations, they might actually truly physically take some time to hold their wee ones close and play tag with 'em, and tell 'em stories and sing 'em songs. And if they do, the Christ child will be born once again, stable or not, and the sparkle will be in the eyes o' the parents for a change. I'm feelin' sore chapped from all this hand sanitizer, and I bid ye all a good night and hope next year is a safer one."
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

Alison and Rachel giggle to find each other sneaking out before dawn, to look over the scene and marvel. And what about that snow globe? They tiptoe down the stairs, being sure to skip the step that creaks. The place is so quiet. They turn to look at one another, again, mysteriously, at the same time on the same impulse. Rachel holds her finger to her lips, and Alison nods assent.

At the bottom of the stairs, Alison points to the snow globe. It is snow glowing, a mysterious shade of blue that looks like it has green spots but when you look at it more closely you can't find them. They are always in the parts you are not looking at. And the snow just keeps falling. No shaking needed. They stare, mesmerized, as the snow keeps falling but never gets any deeper. Alison reaches up to touch it, but Rachel touches her hand and shakes her head.

It will never happen again. They both know it. No sense being sentimental about it. It is what it is. It was what it was. They can stand there, gazing in fascination at the snow, or they can make their way back to real life, and a sense of normalcy, no matter how unsatisfactory that might feel.

"What can we do to celebrate it?" Rachel whispers.

"Celebrate?" Alison asks, also in a whisper, her eyes widening in wonder.

"Nobody else will believe us, but we have it between us. He was really there."

"He was an old grump. Preaching. Why don't we just take a video of the snowglobe? Then they would have to believe us."

Rachel pondered this possibility. She had the feeling that if they got out their smartphones to take a video, it would stop forever.

"I think he was a kindly old grump."

Neither one whispered again for long minutes. Alison pondered the night before. Neither one had to check with the other. They had definitely not just imagined it. Would she want to celebrate it? Was it something to remember every week, or every year, or just to treasure in her heart whenever something reminded her of it? Moving as if in a dream, not sure where she was going, she wandered over to the kitchen, and took out a match. Where could she find a candle?

Rachel put her finger to her lips again. She knew just what Alison had in mind. She quietly climbed onto the kitchen counter and, kneeling, reached up to the top of the cupboard where her mother had stashed a few candles. There was a blue one she thought she had never seen before. Well, why not? She brought it down.

They lit it, and put it next to the snowglobe in a shallow bed of sand from the jade plant in the far corner. Then they sat together, holding hands, and contemplated the sort of thing that only happens once in a lifetime.

Return to “Creative Writing”