• In total there is 1 user online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 642 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:45 am

Buy e-books or subscribe to Kindle Unlimited?

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Jordan Peugeot
Atop the Piled Books
United States of America

Buy e-books or subscribe to Kindle Unlimited?

Unread post

Some authors enroll books in Kindle Unlimited so that subscribers can read it an no cost (beyond their subscription fee) and the author can still earn royalties, but Amazon's terms dictate that the book can only be available for sale from Amazon while it is enrolled in KU (3 month minimum). I am asking for feedback from readers about whether they are more likely to read a book if it is enrolled or if they are more likely to buy individual books. Maybe there is a price point where KU becomes more attractive?

As I am about to release a new novel, your feedback is appreciated. You can post here, or write me directly at [email protected]
brian douglas
Permanent Ink Finger

Re: Buy e-books or subscribe to Kindle Unlimited?

Unread post

I do both. I have a Kindle Unlimited subscription and buy e-books from Lybrary.com.

I like both, but the book itself has to catch my interest. With KU I am very selective as I hate to waste my time even though they are 'free' if that makes sense. E-books from a good site are also nice as the usually will hold your virtual library for you.

Some successful authors had blogs where they slowly released their material (after hooking their audience) with great results. See John Dies at the End as an example.
On the thin ice of modern life...

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”