Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:00 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
Russian election interference / China Dictatorship 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Gold Contributor

Post Russian election interference / China Dictatorship
I have a question for all the Russian conspiracy theorists, like Interbane:

So do I have this right?

People are supposed to believe Russia interfered and aided Trump's election to the presidency..,
but fast forward to the present:

There is no talk from these same people about the possibility of a very technologically skilled and aggressive dictatorial regime like China interfering, or influencing COVID19 politics?

Is that it?

Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:51 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BookTalk.org Moderator
Gold Contributor

Post Re: Russian election interference / China Dictatorship
Quote:
I have a question for all the Russian conspiracy theorists, like Interbane:

Love the projection.

The Senate Intelligence Committee released a report on the interference, finding extensive interference since 2014.

Christopher Wray, director of the FBI, issued a warning of how Russia is attempting to influence the 2020 elections.

As part of Microsoft's Electionguard initiative, they sent warnings to around 10,000 customers that they've been targeted or compromised by foreign sources with the same pattern of engagement as Russian operatives when they interfered in 2016 and 2018.

Zuckerberg announced that his company has detected a "highly sophisticated" set of campaigns to interfere with the 2020 elections. These campaigns originated from Russia and from Iran.

The list goes on and on, with particulars that can't be denied. It's a chorus from our intelligence agencies.

And really, do you think Russia wouldn't interfere?

Yes, there are reports that list China and Iran in addition to Russia as meddling in the elections.

I'm not sure of the point of your post other than to troll.

The following user would like to thank Interbane for this post:
Harry Marks
Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:11 pm
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Gold Contributor

I think I stand corrected here with you and would categorize your bandwagonism a bit differently.

I'm fishing for the irrationals who actually believe Trump is conniving with Putin, trying to turn the USA into a communist regime and such.

As far as a Russian cyber war against the US, yes, I do believe there was likely attempts to influence the election.

The following user would like to thank ant for this post:
Interbane
Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:41 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Beyond Genius

Silver Contributor

Weirdly cat fishing yourself.

Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:57 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

BookTalk.org Moderator
Platinum Contributor

It says right in Mueller's report—and more recently in the Senate Intelligence Committee's report—that Russia interfered in the 2016 election in order to help get Trump elected and that Trump's campaign welcomed that assistance. We don't know if Trump was personally involved in the collusion or cooperation, but his son Don Jr. and son-in-law Jared Kushner and others are known to have communicated with Russia intelligence, even sharing polling data with them in order to time the Wiki leaks just right. Others in Trump's inner circle, including Paul Manafort, Rick Gates, and the scumbag Michael Flynn, were all implicated and criminally charged in the investigation. But hey, Trump only hires the "best" people, right?

And those who suppose Trump—who for years has said that Kremlin assistance to his campaign, were a "hoax" perpetuated by Democrats and the Deep State—might bear some responsibility in all this rampant corruption inside his own campaign are the "irrational" ones, right?

Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:21 am
Master Debater

One can only argue about politics, we will not know the true answer. I only adhere to the opinion that an intelligent person will find a way out in any conditions, so I try not to dwell on political conspiracy theories, but to engage in my own development, read books on psychology, I highly recommend Volikov's test for communicating with clients and loved ones. Live your life, not imposed by television and a thunderous newspaper headline))

Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:40 am
Profile Email
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.