• In total there are 48 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 48 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Russian election interference / China Dictatorship

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Russian election interference / China Dictatorship

Unread post

I have a question for all the Russian conspiracy theorists, like Interbane:

So do I have this right?

People are supposed to believe Russia interfered and aided Trump's election to the presidency..,
but fast forward to the present:

There is no talk from these same people about the possibility of a very technologically skilled and aggressive dictatorial regime like China interfering, or influencing COVID19 politics?

Is that it?
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Re: Russian election interference / China Dictatorship

Unread post

I have a question for all the Russian conspiracy theorists, like Interbane:
Love the projection.

The Senate Intelligence Committee released a report on the interference, finding extensive interference since 2014.

Christopher Wray, director of the FBI, issued a warning of how Russia is attempting to influence the 2020 elections.

As part of Microsoft's Electionguard initiative, they sent warnings to around 10,000 customers that they've been targeted or compromised by foreign sources with the same pattern of engagement as Russian operatives when they interfered in 2016 and 2018.

Zuckerberg announced that his company has detected a "highly sophisticated" set of campaigns to interfere with the 2020 elections. These campaigns originated from Russia and from Iran.

The list goes on and on, with particulars that can't be denied. It's a chorus from our intelligence agencies.

And really, do you think Russia wouldn't interfere?

Yes, there are reports that list China and Iran in addition to Russia as meddling in the elections.

I'm not sure of the point of your post other than to troll.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

I think I stand corrected here with you and would categorize your bandwagonism a bit differently.

I'm fishing for the irrationals who actually believe Trump is conniving with Putin, trying to turn the USA into a communist regime and such.

As far as a Russian cyber war against the US, yes, I do believe there was likely attempts to influence the election.
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Unread post

Weirdly cat fishing yourself.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

It says right in Mueller's report—and more recently in the Senate Intelligence Committee's report—that Russia interfered in the 2016 election in order to help get Trump elected and that Trump's campaign welcomed that assistance. We don't know if Trump was personally involved in the collusion or cooperation, but his son Don Jr. and son-in-law Jared Kushner and others are known to have communicated with Russia intelligence, even sharing polling data with them in order to time the Wiki leaks just right. Others in Trump's inner circle, including Paul Manafort, Rick Gates, and the scumbag Michael Flynn, were all implicated and criminally charged in the investigation. But hey, Trump only hires the "best" people, right?

And those who suppose Trump—who for years has said that Kremlin assistance to his campaign, were a "hoax" perpetuated by Democrats and the Deep State—might bear some responsibility in all this rampant corruption inside his own campaign are the "irrational" ones, right?
-Geo
Question everything

Return to “Current Events & History”