• In total there are 6 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 6 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Coronavirus

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post

KS wrote:Casedemic
(Death rates have bottomed out, so they've switched to "newly reported cases" to drive the fear).
Death rates haven’t bottomed out. They’re less than they were in April, but have since started going back up because of morons like you spreading misinformation. Scroll down to the graphs: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
Sweden Hits COVID-19 "Triple Whammy": No Lockdowns, Low Deaths & Minimal Economic Damage
Fake news. They had a voluntary lockdown, and the result is they had a much higher ratio of deaths than their neighboring countries.
https://www.newscientist.com/article/22 ... ess-story/
In the United States, 44% of COVID deaths came from Nursing and Assisted Living homes that happened in only 5 states.
(Governor Cuomo of New York should be charged with murder for cramming Covid patients into nursing homes.)
Nursing home admissions were not the source of infection in NYC per Cuomo’s March 25th order.
https://health.ny.gov/press/releases/20 ... report.pdf
More Than a Dozen Credible Medical Studies Prove Face Masks Do Not Work Even In Hospitals!
(Even in surgical settings masks don't stop the spread of microbes exhaled by surgeons. Masks protect no one. They are merely a symbol of subjugation in the Covid setting).
Fake news. Masks don’t “stop” the spread. It would be fantastic if they did. However, they greatly reduce the chance of spread, which is entirely the point.

See these sources:
http://files.fast.ai/papers/masks_lit_review.pdf
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2007800
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0843-2#Sec3
https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... ne_15_2020
https://www.cmaj.ca/content/192/15/E410
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... -missouri/
https://arxiv.org/pdf/2004.13553.pdf
http://www.healthdata.org/news-release/ ... -us-deaths
https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/41790 ... ks-prevent
‘Morality pills’ may be the US’s best shot at ending the coronavirus pandemic, according to one ethicist
(Big pharma wants to control us, either with a guesswork "vaccine" or knockout drops).
A pill won’t fix stupid. Giving you a pill wouldn’t change your mind and prevent you from spreading all this fake news. Well, I guess it depends on the type of pill.
US developing coronavirus strain for human 'challenge' trials
(Now what could POSSIBLY go wrong with this? Fauci helped create the Wuhan virus, and since he's still walking around free, I guess The Powers That Be no longer see any need to hide their chimerical experiments.)
Fake news.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 216066001/

There's no reason to continue the lockdowns. Deaths from the virus have nearly bottomed out, the social restrictions are not backed up by science, and there have been more deaths caused by people avoiding doctors' offices than by Covid. Time to end the lockdowns.
Look at you, trying to have your cake and eat it too. If it were true that deaths have bottomed out, that is proof that social restrictions have worked. The depths of stupid…
We have flattened the curve, but there is still danger.

The real issue that should concern everyone is how puppets like Kindascholarly are unwitting agents for Russian propaganda. So much of the conspiracy and disinformation is found to be part of a Russian initiative.

https://apnews.com/1b849309f54ffba3921fc97b62d0df68
https://apnews.com/3acb089e6a333e051dbc4a465cb68ee1

Once again KS, you’ve struck out on every point while batting for Russia.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

You never prove anything with your refutations. I honestly don't know why you bother. I'll humor you this time, but watch the video below first. This is how I view you and your ilk:

youtube.com/watch?v=QcUAG6t5aN8&fea ... e=youtu.be

Deaths are NOT going back up. Miscounting is the problem. I can post the CDC memo again, the one describing how to switch Covid from "contributing to cause of death" to "cause of death" on death certificates. That single change is responsible for 90% of the reported Covid deaths. The death numbers are a lie, but the lie can't be strung out much longer. People are aware of it now.

As for Sweden, they're looking pretty good. You said the "end result," and that's key. They reached herd immunity because they didn't go all Cuomo on civil rights. But ghouls like you think that threatening people out of their jobs and stretching things out interminably is the way to go:

I didn't SAY that nursing homes were the source of infection. A large part of the infection was from outside the nursing homes. Mass-murderer Cuomo ordered that the infected be shipped from hospitals into the homes. He should be in shackles right now.

Fauci. When the US outlawed work on chimerical viruses, Fauci helped transport the SARS-2 virus from the US to China. That's on the record. When it arrived at Wuhan, it had been augmented with gain of function. Dr. Francis Boyle has commented on the engineering of the Wuhan virus. He's devoted his life to prosecuting bioweapons violators, and writing treaties regarding bioweapons. He says that Fauci oversaw the transfer of the engineered virus to Wuhan.

Masks. We could trade links all day long, but I'll stick with the surgeons who say they don't work.

"We have flattened the curve, but there is still danger." Why bring your I.Q. into this? You've made it plain that you're a grunt doing leftist dirtwork, and you believe in violating civil rights. There is no "science" backing up anything to do with the Wuhan virus. Governments are using it to trade on peoples' fears in order to implement social and economic changes. Witness the Marxist BLM destroying small businesses with impunity. Their mayors and governors applaud them while at the same time threatening to fine law-abiding people who don't follow coronavirus rules. Leftist Democratic leaders are helping to destroy small business, which is one of the last remaining vertebrae in the backbone of the American Republic. You leftists hate America for some reason, and you're showing your true colors now with the Wuhan business. 44% of the Wuhan deaths in the US occurred in 5 states where Democratic governors contaminated nursing homes with the virus. Yet at the Democratic convention the celebrity thugs blame Donald Trump.

I grow weary of bitch slapping you.

Hydroxychloroquine is why Uganda, with a population of 43M, has only 15 COVID-19 deaths
fellowshipoftheminds.com/hydroxychloroq ... -19-deaths

Plandemic II: inDOCTORnation film released
naturalnews.com/2020-08-19-plandemic-ii ... d-19.html#
https://www.clearnewswire.com/450437.html

Two links to a film that will no doubt be censored. A superb but rather long piece. The outtake about Bill Gates (at the bottom of the pages) is damning. I'm VERY glad that he's become the face of the Wuhan vaccine. That 6-minute piece destroys a person's reputation as effectively as anything I've ever seen.
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
Australia

Unread post

In their new article, Might SARS‐CoV‐2 Have Arisen via Serial Passage through an Animal Host or Cell Culture?, published with free access in August, K&D Sirotkin explore the suggestion that the COVID 19 virus was accidentally released from a laboratory in Wuhan. The journal is BioEssays, published by Wiley online. The comments below are fully referenced in the article.

The article suggests the novel coronavirus could have come from dual‐use gain‐of‐function research, as the process of viral serial passage mimics a natural zoonotic jump, and offers explanations for SARS‐CoV‐2's distinctive features, raising ethical questions about the risks of this area of research.

Noting that this virus acts like no microbe humanity has ever seen, the authors contend that the natural origin hypothesis fails to account for its unique genomic characteristics. As well, the suggestion of natural mutation ignores the long history of serial passage as a method to manipulate viral genomes by forcing transmission between species, with the same signature but shorter time frame compared to natural mutation.

The dual‐use "gain‐of‐function" research tool of serial passage was first applied to an influenza virus in 1977. Then in 1979, a Soviet lab leaked weaponized anthrax through an improperly maintained exhaust filter, but Soviet authorities blamed the resulting deaths on contaminated local meat. This cover-up, with the same reason provided as in Wuhan, withstood inquiries until after the collapse of the Soviet Union, when analysis of genetic distance proved the weapons lab was to blame.

In 2011, serial passage between ferrets created viruses that were transmissible by aerosol. One highly virulent strain was said to “make the deadly 1918 pandemic look like a pesky cold.” Since then, gain‐of‐function serial passage through ferrets has increased viral virulence and transmission.

One virulence feature of COVID 19 is a furin cleavage site. In influenza, these come from serial passage in laboratories or farms. They are absent from coronaviruses that have more than 60% similarity to COVID 19. The artificial generations added by forced serial passage create the appearance of evolutionary distance, as found with SARS‐CoV‐2, which is distant enough from any other virus that it has been placed in its own clade.

Acquisition of the furin cleavage site was one of the key adaptations that enable SARS‐CoV‐2 to efficiently spread. This could have been spliced directly into the novel coronavirus's backbone in a laboratory using classic recombinant DNA technology, with use of serial passage to remove any sign of direct genetic manipulation. A furin cleavage site introduced to a coronavirus via recombination appeared to increase lethality while also damaging respiratory and urinary systems, paralleling SARS‐CoV‐2 systemic multi-organ symptoms for lungs, the cardiovascular and nervous systems and kidneys.

The University of North Carolina and Wuhan institutions such as the Institute of Virology have researched gain‐of‐function in bat‐borne coronaviruses since 2013, when a coronavirus that targets the ACE2 receptor like SARS‐CoV‐2 was isolated from a wild bat. Another gain‐of‐function experiment reconstructed the SARS coronavirus to impart affinity for ACE2 by isolating a civet progenitor and serially passing it through cell lines. Then a chimeric bat‐borne coronavirus directly manipulated a spike‐protein gene to produce a virulent strain which produced a dire warning from the Pasteur Institute about its trajectory if it escaped.

A private repository has over 1500 strains of largely undisclosed viruses to draw from for experiments. Published work to manipulate bat coronavirus genomes is consistent with the wet‐work that would be needed to engineer this novel coronavirus in a laboratory. The Wuhan Institute of Virology has refused to release the lab notebooks of its researchers, which are expected to be meticulously detailed given the sensitive and delicate work that takes place in such laboratories. These notebooks would likely be enough to exonerate the lab from having any role in the creation of SARS‐CoV‐2.

The SARS‐CoV‐2 could not be intentionally engineered, but it could well be selected for after serial passage through ferrets or cell cultures in a lab, considering that it spreads readily among ferrets and among minks, a closely related subspecies. A viable pathway for its emergence could be infected bats defecating on commercial mink farms in Hubei.

The novel coronavirus appears to be far more adapted to human ACE2 receptors than those found in bats, which is unexpected given that bats are the virus's assumed source. Surprisingly, the virus was perfectly adapted to infect humans since its first contact with us. It had no apparent need for any adaptive evolution at all, an unexpected finding since viruses are expected to mutate substantially as they acclimate to a new species.

A study of people who live near bat caves found minimal exposure to bat coronaviruses, and no antibodies in Wuhan, casting doubt that SARS‐CoV‐2 was circulating in humans prior to the outbreak, and making a zoonotic jump less likely. Natural jumps leave wide blood serum footprints due to the evolutionary ‘trial‐and‐error’ that must occur before mutations that allow adaptation to a new host species are selected.

The scientific community at large could examine all past gain‐of‐function serial passage research to study its other definitive genomic signatures in addition to the creation of furin cleavage sites, in case more can be found in this novel coronavirus. For example, SARS‐CoV‐2 appears to cloak from white blood cells, as does HIV, and it has a genomic region like bacteria which may contribute to cytokine storms.

The Sirotkin paper concludes that gain‐of‐function research is troubling, with potential conflict with the Nuremberg Code ban on experiments that could endanger human life unless potential humanitarian benefits significantly outweigh the risks. The Center for Arms Control and Non‐Proliferation has calculated that the odds that any given potential pandemic pathogen might leak from a lab could be better than one in four. The creation of virulent Bird Flu strains using serial passage contributed to the NIH imposing a moratorium on dual‐use gain‐of‐function research from 2014 until 2017, after which it was relaxed to allow study of influenza and coronaviruses. This moratorium was meant to limit “the potential to create, transfer, or use an enhanced potential pandemic pathogen.” The increased pace of research into coronaviruses would have increased the risk of a lab leak. These viruses were pinpointed in 2006 as a viable vector for an HIV vaccine, and research into a pan‐coronavirus vaccine has been ongoing for decades. The fact that gain‐of‐function research creates opportunities for pandemic viruses to leak out of labs calls for a re‐examination of the moratorium against this practice.
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

KS wrote:You never prove anything with your refutations. I honestly don't know why you bother. I'll humor you this time, but watch the video below first. This is how I view you and your ilk:
Don’t flatter yourself, I’m not here to prove anything to you. I understand that everything I say either goes over your head, or you dismiss it with Dunning-Kruger volition. I’m here to expose your lunacy to others who read these posts.
Deaths are NOT going back up. Miscounting is the problem. I can post the CDC memo again, the one describing how to switch Covid from "contributing to cause of death" to "cause of death" on death certificates. That single change is responsible for 90% of the reported Covid deaths. The death numbers are a lie, but the lie can't be strung out much longer. People are aware of it now.
Two things here.

First, when we started this thread, deaths were going back up. Recently, in the last week or two, they’ve flatlined. I’m hopeful that they’re now starting to go back down again. I'm sick of wearing masks.

Second, there will always be errors with counting, but if anything we’re erring on the side of undercounting cases. Take the 3,000 cases in Seattle that all had coronavirus symptoms, but died of “pneumonia” before we had testing. And all the others who die at home.

Regarding contributing causes of death, that distinction is tracked as “died of an unrelated cause”, found as part of the disease surveillance data. Most states track “lab-confirmed” deaths versus “probable deaths”, and do not conflate the two as you suggest. And worst case, the “probable deaths” only account for 5-10% of the total, not 90%.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... -toll.html

As for Sweden, they're looking pretty good. You said the "end result," and that's key. They reached herd immunity because they didn't go all Cuomo on civil rights. But ghouls like you think that threatening people out of their jobs and stretching things out interminably is the way to go:
Don’t pretend to know what my policies would be other than wearing masks and social distancing. I’m a business owner and hate many of the regulations and lockdowns. We wouldn’t be in this situation if everyone just did their part, instead of pretending it’s all fake. The reason my businesses suffer is because of morons like you prolonging this epidemic by spreading misinformation.
I didn't SAY that nursing homes were the source of infection.
You didn’t, and you missed my point. You should scroll up and read it again. My point was that infections didn’t come from the transfers, therefore Cuomo doesn’t have blood on his hands.
Masks. We could trade links all day long, but I'll stick with the surgeons who say they don't work.
Instead of sticking with the small percentage of fringe surgeons who say they don’t work, I’ll stick with the vast majority of epidemiologists who say they do.
I grow weary of bitch slapping you.
Ok Black Night. “Tis but a scratch!” :lol:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

KindaSkolarly wrote: The death numbers are a lie, but the lie can't be strung out much longer. People are aware of it now.
The death numbers themselves are a lie, i.e., fabricated deaths, or the causes are misattributed? Which are you claiming? If you're not disputing that many more people have died than would have been expected, you have to have a reasonable alternative to covid as the cause for most of them. We see deaths shoot up so sharply in one year only when an epidemic is responsible, except in wars and famines.
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

The Covid scam has played out. It's a dangerous new disease, but the death and infection numbers are inflated. We don't know what they are because our officials lie to us, but they're inflated.

Arizona Counts Any Death Within 60 Days of Positive COVID Test As COVID Death
postnewsd2.blogspot.com/2020/08/more-fr ... death.html

All 77 false-positive COVID-19 tests come back negative upon reruns
nfl.com/news/all-77-false-positive-covi ... pon-reruns

Thousands Of Swedes Receive False-Positive COVID-19 Results
domigood.com/2020/08/thousands-of-swede ... false.html

My daughter’s school just called me & said I have to come pick her up... Because she sneezed
investmentwatchblog.com/my-daughters-sc ... e-sneezed/

Joe Biden: I Am ‘Prepared’ To ‘Shut’ The United States ‘Down’ To Stop The Coronavirus
tathasta.com/2020/08/joe-biden-i-am-pre ... nited.html

Here come the Covid Detention Centers
"New York State bill A99 which is now under consideration in the NY State legislature. It allows the state to take an individual “suspected” of being infected or contaminated to a detention center and there compel her or him to receive any medical treatment deemed necessary – including forced vaccination..."
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/08/no_author/764696-2/

Hopefully people will say no to the concentration camps. The Wuhan virus is no longer much of a threat. Seasonal flu is far more deadly. The media-generated hype (paid for by Bill Gates and the Chinese Communists) is a hard thing to sell now. Repressive governments in Germany, Australia and New Zealand are using it to impose fascism, and in the U.S. the Democrats are using it as a political tool against Republicans. Unless we go under a global dictatorship pretty soon, I don't think Gates will reach his genocidalist goal of poisoning 7.7 billion people. We've seen him now for what he is.

But the social engineers will continue to push us for a while, with their useless masks and social distancing. They view us as dogs to be brought to heel.

Service industry workers in Maine now have to wear DOG CONES because of coronavirus
naturalnews.com/2020-08-20-service-indu ... virus.html

Why I Wear My Mask / Welcome to the Masquerade
youtube.com/watch?v=qGYQU1WRGxI&fea ... e=emb_logo
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

KindaSkolarly wrote:The Covid scam has played out. It's a dangerous new disease, but the death and infection numbers are inflated. We don't know what they are because our officials lie to us, but they're inflated.
But wait right there. I ask you two things. Are you saying that death certificates are being issued, yet many are fake? What is the evidence for such an extraordinary charge?

This is a pandemic. Is this number scam being conducted worldwide, far from the meddling reaches of Joe Biden, the Democratic party, and deep state leaders? Why has India very rapidly reached 3 million infections? (probably an undercount).

It is typical of conspiracy thinking to induce people to disregard basic gateway matters of reason and logic, drawing them into the weeds where plausible-sounding theories can be constructed to cover for the implausibility of the entirety.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Some of the nation’s leading public health experts are raising a new concern in the endless debate over coronavirus testing in the United States: The standard tests are diagnosing huge numbers of people who may be carrying relatively insignificant amounts of the virus.

Most of these people are not likely to be contagious, and identifying them may contribute to bottlenecks that prevent those who are contagious from being found in time. But researchers say the solution is not to test less, or to skip testing people without symptoms, as recently suggested by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/29/heal ... sting.html

Oh, really?
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

New CDC report shows 94% of COVID-19 deaths in US had underlying medical conditions
"Table 3 shows the types of health conditions and contributing causes mentioned in conjunction with deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death."
fox8.com/news/coronavirus/new-cdc-repor ... onditions/

So, of the deaths attributed to the Wuhan virus, only 6% were due solely to the virus. The other deaths were in groups that were already ill. Reminds me of the AIDS epidemic, where people caught it, suffered weakened immune systems, and then died from common colds. The colds killed them, but AIDS was the contributing factor.

And THAT'S how the other 94% here should be listed. Bad heart, then contracted Covid and the heart failed. Cause Of Death--heart failure. Contributing factor--Covid.

The CDC's adjustment of numbers proves that we're not in a pandemic. If you still support shutdowns and tens of millions out of work and closed schools...something's wrong with you.

A superb speech by David Icke in Trafalgar Square on Saturday. 40-100,000 attending:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO1KpzFAdSw
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

A simple google search for "chart of excess deaths" proves you wrong KS.

Did 150,000 people more than last year end up having a heart attack?

You don't know how to parse information.

Return to “Science & Technology”