• In total there are 23 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 23 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

173 Declared Democratic Presidential Candidates

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: 173 Declared Democratic Presidential Candidates

Unread post

KS wrote:Joe Biden Says "I’m Joe Biden’s husband, Joe Biden.”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc2fOZRRfG8

Damn, Dems. Couldn't you come up with anything better than Biden?
Any deception you can get away with, right?

He said, "I'm Jill Biden's Husband, Joe Biden."

Move along folks, don't feed the monkeys.
ant wrote:Can someone tell me how I'd be able to tell if his speech was not pre-recorded?
That's a valid point.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Interbane wrote:

That's a valid point.
uh, indeed.

Well?

I'll bet you I can make a Youtube video and water mark it with LIVE so that it looks totally legit.

Any time Biden has appeared live (seldom) and talked off the cuff he's either said something stone age stupid, or rambled about something unrelated.
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

If he can't get through a speech without fumbling, then how many takes would it have required to get a full cut that's as good as it was? In the end, it still requires decent mental acuity.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Unread post

ant wrote: “I’ll bet you I can make a YouTube video and watermark it with LIVE so that it looks totally legit.”

Make the video! . There’s little “legitimate” towards a “point”, “Stone Age stupid” . You’re kidding right?. How mundane are you?. Biden literally spoke the words and walked outside and watched fireworks. Christ sakes! You think that convention was made up?.

What’s happening is real , what’s happening is the total reputation of libertarianism, it is an abject failure. The violence ant laments is the physical manifestation of that repudiation, it’s not a good thing that’s happening in the U.S. and certainly no one is condoning violence, but sometimes as is natural with human animals, violence is met with violence. As I said it is something that begets.

PSfB is an aggressive animal, he knows no other way. Biden knows the folly of aggression.

Objectivism has nothing to do with this election cycle, it is pure and simple libertarian economics. The savage ideal of Social Darwinism, it has been broadcast most notably in the response to Covid 19, no actions till profits are guaranteed, even then its not enough because “it is what it is” come on now, can there be any claims of absolute success? Of course not.

Syphilis face (Bannon) pushed into the mush skull matter of PSfB the nihilistic notion of the “deconstruction of the administrative state “ and it has been off to the races since. But let’s talk about “sleepy joe”, Christ what a lowbrow joke ants red herrings turn out to be. Oh yes, did one think I forgot about the charge that I was a nazi? I was called Hitler, another pathetic joke written by a young earth creationist (ant) ,you are what you are ant, it is what it is ant. Let’s not forget the flat earther (mike sheedy, AKA= kind of scholarly), two sides of the same coin, amplifying libertarian “values” in a world that is looking at the losing proposition of “domination economics” (my term).

The libertarians are hanging on their fingernails, they fear monger the “bitter clingers” and any other Appalachian nincompoop or harpie that can be hollered at. PSfB is the chosen one of these bare-breasted Neanderthals, these functional illiterates. These imbeciles who answer the troubles that followed the murder of George Floyd with expressions like “leave a few of them hanging around and this bullshit will stop” , that’s what I had to listen to this past summer, I had to physically fight against it on one occasion, it’s not just the dumb racists either that spout that sort of shit, it’s people with money, some with lots of money, they’re the fragile ones, the “snow flakes”, They’re dilettantes, they’re not to be challenged, their opinions are the ones that matter because they’ve got the money, they’re savages and I spoil in telling them so. Taking their money is easy because they need my skills more than I need what’s in their wallet.

So this long hot summer continues :) .
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Interbane wrote:If he can't get through a speech without fumbling, then how many takes would it have required to get a full cut that's as good as it was? In the end, it still requires decent mental acuity.
HAHA! I love where the bar is being set now - however many takes are required to get our dear elected leader to get it right, he's the man for the job!

Gotta love the "our dunsel is better than your dunsel" propaganda campaign.
Last edited by ant on Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Taylor wrote:ant wrote: “I’ll bet you I can make a YouTube video and watermark it with LIVE so that it looks totally legit.”

Make the video! . There’s little “legitimate” towards a “point”, “Stone Age stupid” . You’re kidding right?. How mundane are you?. Biden literally spoke the words and walked outside and watched fireworks. Christ sakes! You think that convention was made up?.

What’s happening is real , what’s happening is the total reputation of libertarianism, it is an abject failure. The violence ant laments is the physical manifestation of that repudiation, it’s not a good thing that’s happening in the U.S. and certainly no one is condoning violence, but sometimes as is natural with human animals, violence is met with violence. As I said it is something that begets.

PSfB is an aggressive animal, he knows no other way. Biden knows the folly of aggression.

Objectivism has nothing to do with this election cycle, it is pure and simple libertarian economics. The savage ideal of Social Darwinism, it has been broadcast most notably in the response to Covid 19, no actions till profits are guaranteed, even then its not enough because “it is what it is” come on now, can there be any claims of absolute success? Of course not.

Syphilis face (Bannon) pushed into the mush skull matter of PSfB the nihilistic notion of the “deconstruction of the administrative state “ and it has been off to the races since. But let’s talk about “sleepy joe”, Christ what a lowbrow joke ants red herrings turn out to be. Oh yes, did one think I forgot about the charge that I was a nazi? I was called Hitler, another pathetic joke written by a young earth creationist (ant) ,you are what you are ant, it is what it is ant. Let’s not forget the flat earther (mike sheedy, AKA= kind of scholarly), two sides of the same coin, amplifying libertarian “values” in a world that is looking at the losing proposition of “domination economics” (my term).

The libertarians are hanging on their fingernails, they fear monger the “bitter clingers” and any other Appalachian nincompoop or harpie that can be hollered at. PSfB is the chosen one of these bare-breasted Neanderthals, these functional illiterates. These imbeciles who answer the troubles that followed the murder of George Floyd with expressions like “leave a few of them hanging around and this bullshit will stop” , that’s what I had to listen to this past summer, I had to physically fight against it on one occasion, it’s not just the dumb racists either that spout that sort of shit, it’s people with money, some with lots of money, they’re the fragile ones, the “snow flakes”, They’re dilettantes, they’re not to be challenged, their opinions are the ones that matter because they’ve got the money, they’re savages and I spoil in telling them so. Taking their money is easy because they need my skills more than I need what’s in their wallet.

So this long hot summer continues :) .
Misses the point entirely and names a fallacy not applicable in the least while propping up a strawman.

The ubiquity of dumb in America has reached astounding levels.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

ant wrote:DWill wrote:
So you honestly judge that Biden did an awful job in his acceptance speech last night? Honestly?
Beside all that, here's an honest question:

Can someone tell me how I'd be able to tell if his speech was not pre-recorded?

Thanks
You say what, then--that he did give a good speech, quite smooth in delivery? Fox News hosts praised his performance. But all of his flubs could have been edited out, or he had to do the speech in segments, as Limbaugh alleges? Seems extremely unlikely and has taste of sour grapes. 22 minutes has been no problem for Biden before.

What might be true is that the unusual conditions aided Biden, as they might anyone. With no live audience there's less nervousness. Joe isn't the most disciplined speaker and sometimes feels provoked to go off script, which is where he gets into trouble. I expect more of that to happen as he campaigns.

Biden was preceded in the convention by many accomplished speakers. That he arguably gave the strongest speech of all is quite something, especially considering fears and low expectations.
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

ant wrote:
Interbane wrote:
That's a valid point.
uh, indeed.
No, it's just deflection. The speech was powerful. Go back and watch Mario Cuomo's "City on a Hill" speech, which people of both parties admitted being impressed by. Biden's was better. The times are different, and Biden is drawing on the very desperation that fueled Trump's rise, but he is not manipulating it in a a facile turn of phrase, he's looking right at us and speaking to us. Pundits compared it to a fireside chat, but it was a fireside chat with a lot more fire.

ant wrote: Any time Biden has appeared live (seldom) and talked off the cuff he's either said something stone age stupid, or rambled about something unrelated.
Cherry picking is big business these days. Talking off the cuff is a setup for somebody to claim "Gotcha!". If you take all of Biden's unscripted remarks and all of Trump's unscripted remarks, they are both mostly banal and easily wandered off-topic and sprinkled with stupidisms. It doesn't prove anything except that LBJ was right to worry that if he spoke to the press without a script it could start WWIII.

Obama set us up with unrealistic expectations. Remember his predecessor?
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

Taylor wrote:What’s happening is real , what’s happening is the total reputation of libertarianism, it is an abject failure. The violence ant laments is the physical manifestation of that repudiation, it’s not a good thing that’s happening in the U.S. and certainly no one is condoning violence, but sometimes as is natural with human animals, violence is met with violence. As I said it is something that begets.
Libertarianism is the foolish notion that a society will run itself well if people are left to their own devices. It founders on the rock of education. No modern society would have been possible without public schools.

So, deeper, it's a sense that private bank accounts are "mine" and anything that taxes them represents a threat to what is "mine". When that one boundary comes to dominate all sense of "my society" or "my country" the way is clear for tribal divisions to be stoked by the scammers. The symbolism those threatened people respond to is not worthless or foolish, but it is toxic. And any wannabe tyrant will figure out how to administer poison.
Taylor wrote: amplifying libertarian “values” in a world that is looking at the losing proposition of “domination economics” (my term).
That's an interesting term. The friendly face of "domination economics" is the cover of meritocracy, and meritocracy is better than aristocracy or plutocracy. But there is another face, hiding in the shadows, that wants to see people suffer if those people are "other". Schadenfreude is a foundation of sand. And the mechanisms involve getting workers, including engineers and lawyers, to work longer and longer for less and less because it feels so good to be bossing them around.
Taylor wrote:The libertarians are hanging on their fingernails, people with money, some with lots of money, they’re the fragile ones, the “snow flakes”, They’re dilettantes, they’re not to be challenged, their opinions are the ones that matter because they’ve got the money, they’re savages and I spoil in telling them so.
Right on target. Like Trump, they are part of family systems that tell them without their big money they are nobody. They should listen to Jesse Jackson and repeat "I am somebody." Then set about finding out who they are. Instead they twist themselves into dilettante savages. (I want to figure out how to steal that.)
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

DWill wrote:
ant wrote:DWill wrote:
So you honestly judge that Biden did an awful job in his acceptance speech last night? Honestly?
Beside all that, here's an honest question:

Can someone tell me how I'd be able to tell if his speech was not pre-recorded?

Thanks
You say what, then--that he did give a good speech, quite smooth in delivery? Fox News hosts praised his performance. But all of his flubs could have been edited out, or he had to do the speech in segments, as Limbaugh alleges? Seems extremely unlikely and has taste of sour grapes. 22 minutes has been no problem for Biden before.

What might be true is that the unusual conditions aided Biden, as they might anyone. With no live audience there's less nervousness. Joe isn't the most disciplined speaker and sometimes feels provoked to go off script, which is where he gets into trouble. I expect more of that to happen as he campaigns.

Biden was preceded in the convention by many accomplished speakers. That he arguably gave the strongest speech of all is quite something, especially considering fears and low expectations.

You understand though that my question was very specific and was not a commentary about the speech itself nor was it intended to deflect away from its content?
Good.

There are some great speech writers that many past and present public officials use.
The fact that Harry is enamored by it because it came out of his favorite sexual predator's racist mouth likely gives too much credit.

I'm not really bothering with the DNC. Like Interbane, I too believe we need a revolution.
I'm not cheering on business as usual by any party particularly one as corrupt as the DNC
Their scare tactics don't scare me
But going back to Biden, its likely he had a lot of help with his speech because of his history of plagiarism
Last edited by ant on Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Current Events & History”