• In total there are 60 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 59 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

How Would You Classify My Writing?

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Rodrigo
Official Newbie!

How Would You Classify My Writing?

Unread post

I am not completely certain where my type of writing style falls. Can you assist me and let me know? Here's an excerpt:

As Tito lay with his legs apart with a red book in his hands, filled with teaching stories that narrated fairy-tale passages, the story of three young men departing from their little and very unexciting town to seek knowledge, encountered all sorts of interesting people like tradesmen, a blacksmith hammering metal with a constant ring, merchants opening their shops, and fishermen preparing their huge nets, baits and boats, along their long adventurous journey and asked everyone they met, "What is the ultimate truth?", mesmerized him so perfectly that he wished he were one of them also traveling and gaining knowledge, also broadening his mind's depth about the world and nearing the state of enlightenment, if only by inches. If the young men sought the cleverest scholars in the village and asked the most difficult questions, he wanted to be there seeking those very intelligent scholars and asking them all the questions that had stumped him for so long.

I appreciate your input.

If you are interested in my novel, go to http://www.kingofthebullies.com
Murmur
Internet Sage

Re: How Would You Classify My Writing?

Unread post

I would describe it as having unnecessarily long, extremely difficult to parse sentences. I’m not sure what else to tell you.
Alvira Michaels
Official Newbie!
Great Britain

Re: How Would You Classify My Writing?

Unread post

But then nobody else could do it in quite the same way that you do, even if similar. That's the point right?

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”