• In total there are 13 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 13 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 813 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 pm

Liberal Corruption is available now on Amazon.com for only $7.50!

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Re: Liberal Corruption is available now on Amazon.com for only $7.50!

Unread post

Good arguments could be made that both liberalism and conservatism have been corrupted over time. But it seems odd now to focus on liberal corruption when we have seen the GOP become the party of Trump in just four years. What does the GOP stand for these days? Whatever Trump tweeted this morning apparently.
-Geo
Question everything
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Trump is swarming with corruption. How many people that were close to him are being arrested and charged? It's insane to think he's a bastion of innocence at the center of all the crime.

The mental gymnastics it requires to think the left is more corrupt is beyond me.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
Murmur
Internet Sage

Unread post

Interbane wrote:Trump is swarming with corruption. How many people that were close to him are being arrested and charged? It's insane to think he's a bastion of innocence at the center of all the crime.

The mental gymnastics it requires to think the left is more corrupt is beyond me.
To be fair, Young Republican hasn't stated that Trump is a saint or anything. He has not stated that Trump is less corrupt than liberals. He was just focusing on corruption by liberals.

If I made a book about why Picasso was a crappy artist, would you insist that I talk about other artists that suck ass too?
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

Murmur wrote:To be fair, Young Republican hasn't stated that Trump is a saint or anything. He has not stated that Trump is less corrupt than liberals. He was just focusing on corruption by liberals.

If I made a book about why Picasso was a crappy artist, would you insist that I talk about other artists that suck ass too?
That's not only fair, but good for me to remember. It isn't enough just to say that the other side is worse.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
YoungRepublican
Master Debater

Unread post

To be honest, I believe that both sides have been corrupted. Being a conservative, I chose to focus on liberal corruption, but I can admit that there are a lot of corrupt conservatives. There are corrupt politicians from both sides, and I would even argue that almost every politician is corrupt. Look at Congress and how many incompetent and corrupt people have held office over the years, it's ridiculous. A lot of it is because big corporations and the elite control American politics to the point where the voices of average citizens are overshadowed.
YoungRepublican
Master Debater

Unread post

brian douglas wrote:Scary...
I don't see what's so scary about this book. It uses facts and statistics to reveal the corrupt nature of liberalism and its ideology. I think that it is important for both liberals and conservatives to read. Whether you agree with the subject matter or not, you need to at least acknowledge the facts and attempt to understand the other perspective.
YoungRepublican
Master Debater

Unread post

DWill wrote:You seem like an enterprising young guy, probably well spoken in your book, so I give you credit. Is one of your idols William F. Buckley, Jr., by chance? If in the book you also make a positive case for conservatism, I would think you'd need to confront how that political philosophy has been bastardized by today's supposed conservatives. Where or with whom do you find a political home?
Unfortunately, I am unfamiliar with William F. Buckley Jr., but I will check out his literature. My inspiration was actually more personal. When I was a student in middle school, my very radical history teacher targeted me for being a conservative and forced his opinion upon the class. Often times, he refused to listen to me, and one time he even ripped up a paper I wrote on the subject. After that, I decided that I would write a book focusing on the corruption behind liberalism in order to bring the truth to light. To answer your other question, I identify as a conservative on most issues. I'm also under the opinion that many politicians in America are corrupt, therefore I do not find a political home with any of them. Further, I'm still looking to find a prominent individual or institution to identify with.
brian douglas
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

YoungRepublican wrote:
brian douglas wrote:Scary...
I don't see what's so scary about this book. It uses facts and statistics to reveal the corrupt nature of liberalism and its ideology. I think that it is important for both liberals and conservatives to read. Whether you agree with the subject matter or not, you need to at least acknowledge the facts and attempt to understand the other perspective.

In a word... Verisimilitude?

My original response was a gut reaction and I should have resisted the temptation.
On the thin ice of modern life...
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Liberal policies ultimately fail..

The only time liberals are willing to admit it is when those policies fall on their doorsteps.

Today's liberalism is antithetical to freedom.
It is an ideological disease of the mind that needs to be shut down
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

ant wrote:Liberal policies ultimately fail..
How long until these liberal countries fail:

Iceland
Finland
Sweden
Norway
New Zealand

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”