Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:35 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Liberal Corruption is available now on Amazon.com for only $7.50! 
Pop up Book Fanatic

Post Liberal Corruption is available now on Amazon.com for only $7.50!
Liberal Corruption by Young Republican exposes the corruption in liberal beliefs, leaders, and ideology through the use of facts, statistics, and common sense. It is a must read for both liberals who need to see the other perspective and conservatives who want to strengthen their standpoints. In essence, it reveals the truth that has been hidden from Americans by the extremely biased liberal media. Click the link below to purchase a copy for just $7.50!

amazon.com/Liberal-Corruption-Young-Rep ... amp;sr=8-2

Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:07 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Wearing Out Library Card

Post Re: Liberal Corruption is available now on Amazon.com for only $7.50!
YoungRepublican wrote:
Liberal Corruption by Young Republican exposes the corruption in liberal beliefs, leaders, and ideology through the use of facts, statistics, and common sense. It is a must read for both liberals who need to see the other perspective and conservatives who want to strengthen their standpoints. In essence, it reveals the truth that has been hidden from Americans by the extremely biased liberal media. Click the link below to purchase a copy for just $7.50!

amazon.com/Liberal-Corruption-Young-Rep ... amp;sr=8-2

The author (you) is named Young Republican? Your parents named you "Young"? That's weird. To be serious, why didn't you attach your real name to the book?

Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:29 pm
Profile Email
Pop up Book Fanatic

I used a pseudonym because I live in an extremely blue state. The sad reality is that I will get vilified if I attach my name to the book. Look at what has happened to people who associate themselves with conservatism (i.e. the Covington Catholic students, Brett Kavanaugh, Donald Trump).

Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:14 pm
Profile Email
Wearing Out Library Card

How old are you, if you don’t mind me asking.

The following user would like to thank Murmur for this post:
geo
Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:39 am
Profile Email
Pop up Book Fanatic

I am sixteen.

Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:23 am
Profile Email
Wearing Out Library Card

What kind of research did you do for your book? Judging by your blurb for your book, it looks like you are focusing on the liberal media. That sounds like you watched a lot of television and read a lot of online newspapers and blogs.

Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:18 pm
Profile Email
Pop up Book Fanatic

While the book does include a chapter on the liberal media, its main focus is on the corruption behind liberal figures and the lies that make up the foundations of liberal ideology. With this being the case, I read several books and articles, but most of my information came from research studies as I wanted my book to be factually based. Further, I did not gather any information from blogs because often times they are extremely biased and make accusations that are not substantiated with evidence.

The following user would like to thank YoungRepublican for this post:
Murmur
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:24 am
Profile Email
Creative Writing Student

Scary...

Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:18 pm
Wearing Out Library Card

brian douglas wrote:
Scary...

What’s the scary part?

Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:49 am
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Platinum Contributor
Book Discussion Leader

You seem like an enterprising young guy, probably well spoken in your book, so I give you credit. Is one of your idols William F. Buckley, Jr., by chance? If in the book you also make a positive case for conservatism, I would think you'd need to confront how that political philosophy has been bastardized by today's supposed conservatives. Where or with whom do you find a political home?

Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:46 am
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

BookTalk.org Moderator
Platinum Contributor

Good arguments could be made that both liberalism and conservatism have been corrupted over time. But it seems odd now to focus on liberal corruption when we have seen the GOP become the party of Trump in just four years. What does the GOP stand for these days? Whatever Trump tweeted this morning apparently.

Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:44 am
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BookTalk.org Moderator
Gold Contributor

Trump is swarming with corruption. How many people that were close to him are being arrested and charged? It's insane to think he's a bastion of innocence at the center of all the crime.

The mental gymnastics it requires to think the left is more corrupt is beyond me.

Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:50 pm
Wearing Out Library Card

Interbane wrote:
Trump is swarming with corruption. How many people that were close to him are being arrested and charged? It's insane to think he's a bastion of innocence at the center of all the crime.

The mental gymnastics it requires to think the left is more corrupt is beyond me.

To be fair, Young Republican hasn't stated that Trump is a saint or anything. He has not stated that Trump is less corrupt than liberals. He was just focusing on corruption by liberals.

If I made a book about why Picasso was a crappy artist, would you insist that I talk about other artists that suck ass too?

The following user would like to thank Murmur for this post:
Interbane, YoungRepublican
Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:26 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BookTalk.org Moderator
Gold Contributor

Murmur wrote:
To be fair, Young Republican hasn't stated that Trump is a saint or anything. He has not stated that Trump is less corrupt than liberals. He was just focusing on corruption by liberals.

If I made a book about why Picasso was a crappy artist, would you insist that I talk about other artists that suck ass too?

That's not only fair, but good for me to remember. It isn't enough just to say that the other side is worse.

Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:26 pm
Pop up Book Fanatic

To be honest, I believe that both sides have been corrupted. Being a conservative, I chose to focus on liberal corruption, but I can admit that there are a lot of corrupt conservatives. There are corrupt politicians from both sides, and I would even argue that almost every politician is corrupt. Look at Congress and how many incompetent and corrupt people have held office over the years, it's ridiculous. A lot of it is because big corporations and the elite control American politics to the point where the voices of average citizens are overshadowed.

Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:27 pm
Profile Email
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next