• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Hi all i am writing a book

An open-minded and nonjudgmental place for sharing your personal writing, seeking feedback, and reading and discussing the writing of your fellow members.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Ragulose
Official Newbie!

Hi all i am writing a book

Unread post

This is a taste of my book it is on Booksie but i will publish next month, https://www.booksie.com/users/ragulose-240009

The last Immortal (Home Coming) book one of 12
Last edited by Ragulose on Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Murmur
Internet Sage

Re: Hi all i am writing a book

Unread post

Ragulose wrote:This is a taste of my book it is on Booksie but i will publish next month, https://www.booksie.com/users/ragulose-240009

The last Immortal (Home Coming) book one of 12
Do you have a proofreader? I read chapter 0, and it's loaded to the brim with mistakes, mostly grammatical.

Here's one mistake that caught my eye.
They were only lab rats and are swept aside when no longer needed.
The speaker isn't a human being and lab rats are a human concept. In particular, lab rats are related to human societies with science-based medicine. You might want to use a different phrase for that concept. Imagine that, in the Old Testament, Yahweh spoke the sentence "they used my people like lab rats". That would be bizarre, don't you think? Also, you mixed past tense and present tense. You might want to stick with just past tense.

Before the sci fi part starts, I thought that the story was ok. After the sci fi part starts, I liked it less, but that's just my own tastes.
Ragulose
Official Newbie!

Re: Hi all i am writing a book

Unread post

Lab rats is the right way to say it, i am using English. the idea is used in many sci fi from Stephen King, to Anne McCaffrey I asked my publisher and she said it was fine it is personal taste. yes i have proofreader, just rewrote chap 1-6 and 0 they were 2400 words now over 4500 words. I am on v3 these are v1 forgot to remove from here they are on bookie.com.
but thanks for the feed back and sorry i wasted your time with old stuff. I will now take it off here.

Return to “Creative Writing”