• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Coronavirus

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post

Greg Reese makes some of the most thoughtful videos out there.

Mainstream Media & Science Exposes COVID-19 As A Hoax
https://banned.video/watch?id=5f31a8bddf77c4044ed49e33

By their own admission, the powers that be and their mainstream mouthpieces show that the Covid business is bullshit.

Worldwide Population Being Tortured In Deep State Psyop
https://banned.video/watch?id=5f03aaa8672706002f4227a2

A devastating video. He keeps the length to about five minutes on his pieces, so he doesn't get into Stockholm Syndrome in this one. You people who trust Bill Gates should ask yourselves why you trust him. He has a terrible track record as a "scientist" and as a human. And Anthony Fauci never met a medical crisis he didn't mishandle. You true believers have fallen in love with your captors. You've been tortured into submission.

Stockholm syndrome
Stockholm syndrome has been defined as a condition in which hostages develop a psychological alliance with their captors during captivity....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

KindaSkolarly wrote:. . . You people who trust Bill Gates should ask yourselves why you trust him. He has a terrible track record as a "scientist" and as a human. And Anthony Fauci never met a medical crisis he didn't mishandle. You true believers have fallen in love with your captors. You've been tortured into submission.
Bill Gates is the former CEO from Microsoft. Other than that he wields no power and plays no role in public policy or has anything to do with anything in my life. I rarely even see his name pop up except on this BT forum. So why do I need to trust him or not trust him? He's a big fat nobody except for someone who founded a rather significant technology company. Disclaimer: I prefer Mac to Windows.

And Anthony Fauci? He's just a scientist and head of Trump's coronavirus task force. I see his face on the evening news occasionally, but he's not otherwise very important. Why would anyone have Stockholm Syndrome from people who have no influence or presence in their lives? Makes no sense.
-Geo
Question everything
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

Geo wrote:
Bill Gates is the former CEO from Microsoft. Other than that he wields no power and plays no role in public policy or has anything to do with anything in my life. I rarely even see his name pop up except on this BT forum.

I will not dispute Gates plays no role in your life but I must call into question your grandiose claim that he "wields no power and plays no role in public policy"
That likely is not true and something I think you do not entirely believe yourself. I think you are simply dismissing KOS without thinking that claim through.

What do you mean by "power" here?

Influence is synonymous with power. Putting aside conspiratorial claims, Gates is someone that uses his influence (that comes with his money) on The World Health Org, just for starters:
(italic emphasis mine)
The result, say his critics, is that Gates’ priorities have become the WHO’s. Rather than focusing on strengthening health care in poor countries — that would help, in their view, to contain future outbreaks like the Ebola epidemic — the agency spends a disproportionate amount of its resources on projects with the measurable outcomes Gates prefers, such as the effort to eradicate polio.

https://www.politico.eu/article/bill-ga ... ul-doctor/

This is not in dispute. Even the World Health Organization admits it.

Gates also should refrain from opining about all things medical. Specifically, as it relates to COVID19.
He is a computer businessman. Not a doctor of any kind.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

ant wrote: I will not dispute Gates plays no role in your life but I must call into question your grandiose claim that he "wields no power and plays no role in public policy"
That likely is not true and something I think you do not entirely believe yourself. I think you are simply dismissing KOS without thinking that claim through.
I stand corrected. Gates—as the world's second richest man—wields quite a lot of influence and political power. Though his political might is primarily through his philanthropic efforts to eradicate malaria and polio. As the article states:
The result, say his critics, is that Gates’ priorities have become the WHO’s. Rather than focusing on strengthening health care in poor countries — that would help, in their view, to contain future outbreaks like the Ebola epidemic — the agency spends a disproportionate amount of its resources on projects with the measurable outcomes Gates prefers, such as the effort to eradicate polio.
WHO arguably should limit the amount of money it receives from the Gates Foundation so that it can retain its autonomy and focus more on strengthening health care in poor countries. Though it's hard to criticize Gates, whose is trying to help others. I remember many years ago when he was actually criticized for not doing enough—philanthropically speaking. (I'm not buying the idea that he's a super villain who is trying to control the world's population). Can you imagine being able to eradicate polio, a disease that continues to cripple children throughout the world? Apparently it's a realistic goal.

So I amend my original statement (which was sort of shot from the hip anyway). I actually admire and support Bill Gates' efforts to eradicate polio and malaria. Yes, some people have waaay too much money. But Bill Gates seems to be doing some good in the world with his immense fortune.
-Geo
Question everything
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

DWill wrote: Ins. cos. don't sea rising seas as a problem? Do you also claim that these companies aren't concerned about increasing violent weather on the coasts? Everything I see indicates very high concern on the part of that industry. Perhaps it's true that ins. cos. don't point a finger at sea level rise, vs. more violent storms on the coast. They're not in the science business; they're concerned with effects, not causes,
https://www.courant.com/hartford-magazi ... story.html

I'd also like to see a science source that says the seas aren't rising. The only question is by how much and whether our stoking the greenhouse is making the rate accelerate.
There are plenty of effects the insurance companies are adjusting to. Premiums are rising, and coverage is getting harder to obtain.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/scienc ... c-amounts/

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/economy/ma ... -insurance

https://grist.org/article/insurance-exp ... -for-2019/

https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/n ... 529201.htm

Sea level rise is still quite modest. Only very low-lying areas like Miami and the Maldives are seeing much direct flooding, though storm surge is already a growing problem. The big effects of that type will not really hit for decades. So far the most dramatic melt has been in the Arctic, but "floating" ice does not contribute to the rise in sea levels. Melt on Greenland and Antarctica, by contrast, will make a tremendous difference as it gets really rolling. Staying at our current temperature is probably enough to melt them, but if we keep increasing it, and it is harder and harder to bring down the temperatures, the melt will accelerate and accumulate.

But as "A Farewell to Ice" tells, the Arctic is already contributing mightily to tipping point effects that may not be able to be undone without the kinds of geoengineering that Robert advocates.

The entire Southwest is in a megadrought that is increasing the rate of wildfires. The worst in 2000 years.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... 145929002/

Denialism is a mental illness.
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

You climate change people are pretty amusing. You don't even know where earth's water comes from, yet you say you're watching sea levels closely and we're in trouble. Funny stuff.

The Covid scam is dying, so governments around the world are rushing to assert extra-constitutional control while they still can:

NEW ZEALAND INTRODUCES QUARANTINE CAMPS
investmentwatchblog.com/new-zealand-int ... ine-camps/

The New Zealand Story: First They Take Your Guns – Then They Set Up Mandatory Coronavirus Quarantine Camps
thegatewaypundit.com/2020/08/new-zealan ... ine-camps/

Australian police go FULL NAZI, smashing in windows of civilian cars just because passengers wouldn’t give details about where they were going
“We had to smash car windows and pull people out because they wouldn’t give us details… they wouldn’t tell us where they’re going” – Victorian S.S. senior policeman quote
naturalnews.com/2020-08-13-australian-p ... ndows.html

Can't recall if I posted this on this long, long thread:

The 1918 “Spanish Flu”: Only The Vaccinated Died
salmartingano.com/2020/05/the-1918-span ... ated-died/

So, are you folks who want a vaccine for the Wuhan flu lining up to take the Russian "vaccine"? It's the first on the market. And Joe Biden says "Trump's vaccine" will be unsafe. I'm not qualified to question Dr. Joe, but doesn't that make him an anti-vaxxer?
Murmur
Internet Sage

Unread post

KindaSkolarly wrote:You climate change people are pretty amusing. You don't even know where earth's water comes from, yet you say you're watching sea levels closely and we're in trouble. Funny stuff.
Where do you think Earth's water comes from? Is it leftover from the flood during Noah's time?
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

KindaSkolarly wrote:You climate change people are pretty amusing. You don't even know where earth's water comes from, yet you say you're watching sea levels closely and we're in trouble. Funny stuff.
For the immediate future, sea level rise isn't the no. 1 concern; it's temperature rise. Sea level rise can be projected to disrupt societies and the economy as more glaciers melt, especially in Antarctica. This will take time, but since moderating the melting will take enormous efforts, we don't have time to waste. With warming, we already see the bad effects--loss of Arctic sea ice, extreme drought, and the melting of permafrost being just three.

What not knowing the origin of water (if that is even true) has to do with not being able to calculate the warming of the planet, I can't imagine. We don't know how life originated, either, but we do know that evolution accounts for its development.
brian douglas
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

Robert Tulip wrote:I am reading The Plague by Albert Camus. About a bubonic outbreak in the city of Oran in Algeria in the 1940s, The Plague presents many of the psychological and existential problems now seen with the Covid pandemic....

I'm listening to it for a second time (audiobook) and will give it a third to pick up small subtleties I may have missed. I'm also listening to The Black Death: The World's Most Devastating Plague a lecture by Dorsey Armstrong of Purdue University. The Plaque while at work and The Black Death in my room.

I've glanced over this thread and to provide full disclosure since I'm late to the party...
* The last time I voted it was for Ronald Reagan.
* I'm a Republican by nature but I do not discount Liberals or Democrats positions (someone needs to say ~ can we do more?)
* Since politics have become excessively polarized to the point of hatred becoming commonplace, I don't vote.
* The reason I don't vote is that I liken it to being sent to prison and voting for either anal or oral...
* I don't watch the news, nor watch TV - I can only fight what is in front of me...
* If this was a real plague we would have screwed the pooch as they say.
* I believe wearing masks is a placebo that only prevent us from spitting into each others open mouths.
* I have been working steadily during the epidemic.
* I believe I had the virus back in February (tight chest, wrap around headache around the back of the ears, stiffness, light fever, and extreme fatigue).
* Due to the travel restrictions I have not seen my family since November of last year. (I'm in Bahrain).

Now onto comparing The Plague (populous reactions) to Covid. Initially people are panicking, covering their mouths, putting their backs to each other, and springing upon possible cures or propholatics. Eventually there comes a time when the population becomes conditioned to daily life in a plague environment. This applies to both the book and our current world. Also, there is a mentality in both the book and - us- where in the book some people are expecting a medal for their trouble, and - us- where some people want to stay home and get paid rather than return to work. Because, you know... it's owed to them.

In the book, superficiality becomes the goal after surviving the plague and dismiss the unpleasant truths learned during the hardship. An out of site out of mind concept. Meanwhile, in the real world... we have social media veneers where we are the starring role in the story... but I digress :)
On the thin ice of modern life...
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

There is no Covid "pandemic." It's barely an epidemic. The Wuhan crisis has come and gone, but we're being told that we must forever change our lives now for...what?

Casedemic
(Death rates have bottomed out, so they've switched to "newly reported cases" to drive the fear).
youtube.com/watch?v=FU3OibcindQ&fea ... e=youtu.be

Sweden Hits COVID-19 "Triple Whammy": No Lockdowns, Low Deaths & Minimal Economic Damage
zerohedge.com/geopolitical/sweden-hit-r ... mic-damage

In the United States, 44% of COVID deaths came from Nursing and Assisted Living homes that happened in only 5 states.
(Governor Cuomo of New York should be charged with murder for cramming Covid patients into nursing homes.)
investmentwatchblog.com/in-the-united-s ... -5-states/

Cuomo's Death Order
(They're trying to scrub this from the internet).
thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads ... emoved.jpg

More Than a Dozen Credible Medical Studies Prove Face Masks Do Not Work Even In Hospitals!
(Even in surgical settings masks don't stop the spread of microbes exhaled by surgeons. Masks protect no one. They are merely a symbol of subjugation in the Covid setting).
visionlaunch.com/more-than-a-dozen-cred ... hospitals/

‘Morality pills’ may be the US’s best shot at ending the coronavirus pandemic, according to one ethicist
(Big pharma wants to control us, either with a guesswork "vaccine" or knockout drops).
theconversation.com/morality-pills-may- ... ist-142601

US developing coronavirus strain for human 'challenge' trials
(Now what could POSSIBLY go wrong with this? Fauci helped create the Wuhan virus, and since he's still walking around free, I guess The Powers That Be no longer see any need to hide their chimerical experiments.)
news.yahoo.com/us-developing-coronaviru ... 17655.html

There's no reason to continue the lockdowns. Deaths from the virus have nearly bottomed out, the social restrictions are not backed up by science, and there have been more deaths caused by people avoiding doctors' offices than by Covid. Time to end the lockdowns.

Return to “Science & Technology”