Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:08 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
Debut of the D Team 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Platinum Contributor
Book Discussion Leader

Post Debut of the D Team
Aside from the weird, lockdownish atmosphere, the joint appearance by Biden and his new VP pick went quite well. Of course, the greatest interest was Kamala Harris, but viewers had to note that the man who wants to be her boss didn't seem like the faltering fool he's been painted as. Unless you want to make a big thing out of his tending to run together the words "president of the United States," you might have to recognize that he has enough speaking ability and presence at a podium to win an election and lead a country. Criticisms of his speech and cognitive abilities have been context-free, anyway. Google "Trump's problems with pronunciation" and see a person really struggle with the language. Watch any unscripted "speech" by Trump and see an excited man saying whatever comes into his head next, with little logical connection.

Charges that Kamala Harris will be running the show are an unintended compliment to her abilities. But there is no sign that she will play first fiddle. What Biden and she have in mind is the partnership that Obama and Biden had for their eight years. People forget that Biden's VP years gave him much additional valuable governing experience, and Harris should get a similar opportunity in a Biden administration.

Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:38 am
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Gold Contributor

Post Re: Debut of the D Team
One thing I have in common with Kamala Harris is how cruel I can get with my disparagement of young people.

Let's cheer her on!

Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:48 am
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BookTalk.org Moderator
Gold Contributor

The strange thing about her comments is that she said them as a defense of young people as part of her Back on Track program. People who are 18 are charged as adults, yet they are still developing and they still make stupid mistakes. The program was successful in San Francisco.

Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:55 am
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Gold Contributor

Interbane wrote:
The strange thing about her comments is that she said them as a defense of young people as part of her Back on Track program. People who are 18 are charged as adults, yet they are still developing and they still make stupid mistakes. The program was successful in San Francisco.

Right.. Disparage Me / Protect Me

Has a nice ring to it.

You're great with a mop. I'll give you that.

Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:04 am
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BookTalk.org Moderator
Gold Contributor

Quote:

So you missed the point?

I think her real exposure is Jamal Truelove.

Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:01 pm

Gold Contributor

Interbane wrote:
Quote:

So you missed the point?

I think her real exposure is Jamal Truelove.

No, I think it was a tactless thing to say.

I have no real qualms against Harris.

Do I think her pick was pandering to people of color and women? Yes.

Also, I was glad when she came forward and said she believed the sexual misconduct allegations against Biden.
You got a knife on you to cut all this thick irony?

Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:28 pm
Profile Email

BookTalk.org Moderator
Gold Contributor

Quote:
No, I think it was a tactless thing to say.

In what way?

Quote:
You got a knife on you to cut all this thick irony?

What's ironic?

I think Biden is slipping. I think Harris is a ruthless ladder climber. If she can put that ruthlessness to work in favor of the US, rather than against it's citizens, I'm not opposed to her.

Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:41 pm

Gold Contributor

Quote:
In what way?

Not surprising you'd have to ask.

Quote:
What's ironic?

About her condemning his sexual misconduct and then turning a blind eye to it?
Sorry, I thought as a woman she might want to explain why her convictions are suddenly missing.

Quote:
I think Biden is slipping

Into a coma before the nation's eyes?
I agree

Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:29 pm
Profile Email

BookTalk.org Moderator
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Sorry, I thought as a woman she might want to explain why her convictions are suddenly missing.

In her words, "It's just politics". :weep:

We need to have a revolution, and adopt some other system. I'm a fan of delegative democracy.

Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:46 pm

Gold Contributor

Interbane wrote:
Quote:

In her words, "It's just politics". :weep:

We need to have a revolution, and adopt some other system. I'm a fan of delegative democracy.

Too bad not details were discussed before having to pay 20 dollars for the article

Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:26 pm
Profile Email

BookTalk.org Moderator
Gold Contributor

There are plenty of whitepapers on it if you search.

Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:09 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.