• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

A recommendation tool that finds books similar to the one you like

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
harsht07
Official Newbie!

A recommendation tool that finds books similar to the one you like

Unread post

Hi everyone, I made this hassle free Book Recommendation Tool for my college project a while ago, wanted to share it with all.

It has two features:
1) Similar Book Finder - Gives a list of books most similar to the one you enter.
2) Search by Genre Combination - Lets you search books genre-wise by entering any combination of genres from the 104 available genres.

It does not require any installation, registration, or anything of that sort, only this link is needed to access it
Suggest Me a Book

I hope you find it useful.

Acknowledgement: Data used for building this engine was scraped from goodreads.com
Murmur
Internet Sage

Re: A recommendation tool that finds books similar to the one you like

Unread post

I tried it out with these:

alice's adventures in wonderland
cyberiad
king james bible
misquoting jesus bart d ehrman

It looks like it works well. It's too bad that unmatched book titles don't work for searching, but I can understand the limitation.
elena
Official Newbie!

Re: A recommendation tool that finds books similar to the one you like

Unread post

I have learnt that in the new age, finding relevant authors to suit our needs is important. We can read the blurb but even after purchasing the book sometimes I can't really find what I have been looking for.l
I love new age psychology and have struggled to find out new ones that are just not theory-based and is updated too. This has helped me :https://mangoclinic.com/top-30-psycholo ... al-health/

1. use it for citations
2.quickly browse through topics
3.see if the experience matches with what they write

Return to “Everything Else”