• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Coronavirus

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post

ant wrote:Regarding Clinton - there is significant evidence in the form of testimony on documentation. So there is that.
There is definitely testimony against Trump. The accuser who withdrew her original case, then started again, is very likely just trying to get money from Trump, but now that we know how Michael Cohen used to work, her claim that she feared for her life is not beyond belief.
ant wrote:Regarding "window smashing man" - to my knowledge, no significant evidence exists to implicate him or establish motive. A "tipster" is not anything significant until material evidence can be discovered.
The police are supposed to have probable cause before fingering someone. It may turn out the tipster is all they are going on, but I doubt it. In this overheated atmosphere there is room to doubt the police, but they have a lot at stake if they blow their credibility.
ant wrote:What's important to note here within the context of the current civil unrest is that even if Window Man's motive was to create public racial discord that in itself certainly is not a "catch all" for the totality of the unrest.
Well, it is certainly true that a lot of others have participated, and it is not credible that they would all be false flag right-wingers, or even mostly. I definitely wish the protesters had been willing to close up and go home at curfew every evening, and since they did not, the protests bear the bulk of the responsibility.

Even given that background, I may have overstated the impact of Umbrella Man's actions. "Early in the process" is all I have to go on. Still, in a movement of such size the presence of even a few "agent provocateurs", whether they be rogues or Boogaloo Boys, or maybe even paid agents, raises questions about the narratives presented by the Fox News crowd.
ant wrote:i don't know why you insist on softly promoting the possibility that white supremacists should in some way be held accountable for, um, what exactly?
Everything? That one incident in question?
This from you? Not too long ago you were pushing the line that liberals in general should be blamed for all the property damage by looters. Does that include Umbrella Man? We now have testimony that Trump launched tear gas against peaceful protesters so he could hold up a Bible in front of a church. If he is going to lump all of the response to Floyd's killing together, then it makes a tremendous difference that some of the damage is done by far right agents. It's a question of what his lumping means.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

I m sure none here will ever understand your complex religious convictions, particularly the resident atheists , some of which believe that religion is the root of all evil in the world, but why can't you at least denounce the bible bonfire party last night in Portland?

Who was responsible for that, right wing extremists?
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Sick of the Democratic double standards and blind eye to the protests.

And this idiot does opine about a lot of social activities but doesn't have the balls to say the protests are obviously antithetical to social distancing measures.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/oSCSWVrcCtA[/youtube]
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Why aren't any of you discussing this?

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2020060 ... uine-study

Lancet has apologized to readers after retracting a study that said the anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine did not help to curb COVID-19 and might cause death in patients.

The study was withdrawn because the company that provided data would not provide full access to the information for a third-party peer review, saying to do so would violate client agreements and confidentiality requirements, The Lancet said in a statement.

“Based on this development, we can no longer vouch for the veracity of the primary data sources. Due to this unfortunate development, the authors request that the paper be retracted,” The Lancet said in a statement.
This is the same study that was used to discredit studies that have concluded HydroxyC in conjunction with other meds has been an used effectively in treating some C19 patients:
The World Health Organization temporarily halted clinical trials using hydroxychloroquine after the Lancet article was originally published, a move that reflected the influence a single study can have in the fast-changing area of coronavirus research.
https://www.insidehighered.com/news/202 ... s-problems

Instead ya'll are busy congratulating Interbane for his unsubstantiated " fact checking"
Last edited by ant on Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
Australia

Unread post

ant wrote:I've read The Plague 3x.

The late Robert Solomon suggests The Plague is a philosophical consideration of the evils perpetrated by Nazi Germany in 1943-1945
That is just one rather oblique and metaphorical interpretation of a multi-faceted book. The psychology of dealing with a plague is quite different from the psychology of dealing with Nazi invaders.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Robert Tulip wrote:
ant wrote:I've read The Plague 3x.

The late Robert Solomon suggests The Plague is a philosophical consideration of the evils perpetrated by Nazi Germany in 1943-1945
That is just one rather oblique and metaphorical interpretation of a multi-faceted book. The psychology of dealing with a plague is quite different from the psychology of dealing with Nazi invaders.

Oh, it`s "just one" interpretation of The Plague?

I thought it was the only interpretation of it.

Thanks for enlightening me.

I just can't wait for you to start claiming that The Plague is really about astrology.
Last edited by ant on Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

ant wrote:Geo wrote:
I would guess that KS doesn't know what truth is. The very concept of it is beyond his comprehension
As always, the truth always lies somewhere in the middle. We, more often than not, cannot comprehend the totality of any given truth.
This veers ever so perilously to false equivalency. The truth does not "fall in the middle" if one side is KindaSkolarly, who has demonstrated time and again that he is heavily vested in conspiracy theories and false beliefs. Some newspapers make this mistake, presenting both sides of the story, as if they are equal. They frequently are not.
-Geo
Question everything
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

ant wrote:Why aren't any of you discussing this?

Lancet has apologized to readers after retracting a study that said the anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine did not help to curb COVID-19 and might cause death in patients."
What's to talk about? Are you suggesting there's a coverup or conspiracy or something like that?

The study was challenged soon after publication, and then withdrawn when its authors said they were unable to complete an independent audit of the data underpinning their analysis.

The Lancet had no choice but to retract the study.

It doesn't change the bottom line. There's still no compelling evidence that hydroxychloroquine is an effective treatment against coronavirus. In particular, studies by Oxford University and The New England Journal of Medicine have shown no clinical benefit from hydroxychloroquine. Although as previously mentioned other studies are still being conducted.

https://www.painnewsnetwork.org/stories ... 20patients.
-Geo
Question everything
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

ant wrote:Why aren't any of you discussing this?

Because it’s 2 months old. In Covid years, that’s 2 decades ago. Let's discuss this instead.
Not endorsing what KOS has said, but technically speaking, no he didn't do great fact checking because he didn't site sources to back HIS claims as well.
I’m no true scotsman I guess. Why would I need to cite sources? Of the 3 main reasons for citing, I don’t need to avoid plagiarism, don’t need to give credit to authors of studies, and don’t need to provide additional information. Only the last point has merit, but everything discussed is all over the internet. It’s public information, just google it.
Go ahead, you and Interbane can fact check me.
About what? You link to testing issues without actually making any claims. It’s a rather spineless rebuttal. I would rather have a few paragraphs of your own opinion, without you citing any sources. It seems like all you did was some quick google searching and slap down links that you think tell a narrative, without understanding them.

Here are few points for context. I'll omit the narrative :wink: :

-Have you read about false-negative rates being much higher than 3%
-The BD Max System test is a known issue, and the FDA recommends positive results be double checked by an alternate test.
-The vantage article discusses pros and cons along a range of various antibody tests from back in April. The FDA acknowledged the need to regulate these tests to ensure accuracy.
-The webMD article on contaminated kits referred to a contaminated batch of test kits back in February, and replacements were already sent out by the end of February.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

World Bank Coronavirus Aid Comes With Conditions For Imposing Extreme Lockdown, Reveals Belarus President
greatgameindia.com/belarus-world-bank-c ... onditions/

The Covid hype is just a banking operation. Destroy the world's economy with lockdowns, then introduce a new form of currency. It will be electronic and tied to the Manmade Climate Crisis scam.

Note how we keep hearing that people over 70 are at risk from the Wuhan virus. That also happens to be the age at which Al Gore's carbon credit banking system would cut you off. In plans put forth years ago, children would be given X number of carbon credits at birth, and after living the average life they would run out of credits at 70. To give people hope though, "carbon trading" was built into the scam. That way, the average Joe could rack up a few extra years after living a properly "green" life.

At any rate, people over 70 (the ones outside of the nursing home abattoirs) are doing pretty well during this "epidemic." The problem is with people who have rundown immune systems and comorbidities, whatever age they are. The CDC is using the deaths of people with comorbidities to inflate the Wuhan death numbers:

Covid fatalities should be 90.2% lower than reported numbers
"Had the CDC used its industry standard, Medical Examiners’ and Coroners’ Handbook on Death Registration and Fetal Death Reporting Revision 2003, as it has for all other causes of death for the last 17 years, the COVID-19 fatality count would be approximately 90.2% lower than it currently is...."
childrenshealthdefense.org/news/if-covi ... reopening/

I heard an interview with a man named Del Bigtree the other day. Link below, select Friday July 31, 2020, hour 3. You can skip over the 5-minute commercial blocks. He talks about the Covid situation and our immune systems:

gcnlive.com/JW1D/index.php/archivespage ... showCode=1

I'd never heard of Bigtree and looked him up, and he doesn't have a medical degree. Sorry. You leftists are quick to trash those who aren't doctors, even though Dr. Fauci has made more bad calls than anybody, anywhere about the Wuhan virus. And then there's Dr. Bill Gates...oh, that's right...Gates dropped out of college. But many of you are rolling up your sleeves anyway for his Magical Wuhan Shot. Just think what a swell shot it would have been if he'd actually finished college.

And in some sad news, it seems that everybody in Holland is dead. They must be; they didn't wear facemasks:

Holland's top scientists say there's no solid evidence coverings work and warn they could even damage the fight against Covid-19
madnesshub.com/2020/08/the-land-with-no ... lands.html

Federal Government and Yale Are Holding Clinical Trials on How Best to ‘Persuade’ Americans to Take COVID-19 Vaccines
"This study tests different messages about vaccinating against COVID-19 once the vaccine becomes available. Participants are randomized to 1 of 12 arms, with one control arm and one baseline arm. We will compare the reported willingness to get a COVID-19 vaccine at 3 and 6 months of it becoming available between the 10 intervention arms to the 2 control arms...."
Other: Control message
Other: Baseline message
Other: Personal freedom message
Other: Economic freedom message
Other: Self-interest message
Other: Community interest message
Other: Economic benefit message
Other: Guilt message
Other: Embarrassment message
Other: Anger message
Other: Trust in science message
Other: Not bravery message
clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04460703 ... amp;draw=2

So Yale has partnered with the govt to develop propaganda, to get you to take an untested, unproven shot. Scroll down that page. They make no secret of the propagandizing.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help." - Ronald Reagan

Return to “Science & Technology”