• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 758 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:50 am

Orwellian liberalism

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Re: Orwellian liberalism

Unread post

Harry Marks wrote:Now it seems that the looting in Minneapolis was kicked off by a false flag operation, specifically a Hell's Angels white supremacist being referred to as "Umbrella Man".

https://www.startribune.com/police-umbr ... 571932272/

Hard to know who to be mad at.

There is no evidence to speak of for that claim
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

ant wrote:There is no evidence to speak of for that claim
No, there is evidence, but we are not hearing much of it yet. There is reason to be suspicious of the “tip” that led to Umbrella Man, but I am betting the evidence against him holds up better than the arrests of “antifa thugs” in Portland. Why? Because so many peaceful demonstrators tried to stop this kind of trashing, and a provocateur from one of the right wing terrorist groups has more incentive to ignore those pleas than the leftists who want to be considered virtuous for their anarchic violence.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Harry Marks wrote:
No, there is evidence, but we are not hearing much of it yet. There is reason to be suspicious of the “tip” that led to Umbrella Man, but I am betting the evidence against him holds up better than the arrests of “antifa thugs” in Portland. Why? Because so many peaceful demonstrators tried to stop this kind of trashing, and a provocateur from one of the right wing terrorist groups has more incentive to ignore those pleas than the leftists who want to be considered virtuous for their anarchic violence.
So not hearing evidence is in fact evidence.

Gotcha
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

Harry Marks wrote:No, there is evidence, but we are not hearing much of it yet.
ant wrote:So not hearing evidence is in fact evidence.Gotcha
Sorry, I thought you requested no citations from the internet. There is plenty of evidence, but it isn't, as far as I can tell, conclusive.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/minneapolis- ... els-police
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/umbrella-m ... e-protests
https://nypost.com/2020/07/28/minneapol ... cist-cops/
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/28/us/u ... polis.html
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/28/us/umbre ... index.html
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/umbrel ... ng-member/
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Where can I read about the specific evidence that determines he is an "associate" of an Aryan biker gang?

The accusation is based on an "anonymous tip".
That good enough for you?
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

ant wrote:Where can I read about the specific evidence that determines he is an "associate" of an Aryan biker gang?

The accusation is based on an "anonymous tip".
That good enough for you?
I have no doubts that the character identified by the police is an associate of the bikers. That's the sort of thing I trust the police to know. What remains an accusation is that this is the same person who appears in the videos smashing windows and promoting "Free s**t". We don't have the evidence, so we have to guess about whether the police really do have evidence. But I think your earlier statement that there was no significant evidence presumes knowledge about the evidence that you don't actually have.

In other words, whether the anonymous tip is all they have to go on is not public knowledge. I suspect that they have some form of corroboration. If not, I would say they probably screwed up. At this point we out in public-land don't really know.
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Unread post

It’s interesting that when all is said and done, we find that the libertarians ideals have stood firm. Biden and his party have so far held back the libertarian desire to defund the federal government. (Of course the libertarian mind is any mind that is center right, they’re possessed of anti-tax thinking because...you know ...we Americans are being over taxed and tax dollars are being wasted.’ There’s so much fraud, waste and abuse...because “people are saying “. ) To be certain, we are never abused by the conglomerates or limited liability companies. They certainly never induced anxiety in any person alive since the industrial revolution.
Orwellian liberalism is oxymoronic on the surface when we consider the American bastardized definition of liberalism but the truth is “liberalism” refers entirely to Adam Smith and the heinous acts of uninhibited laissez-faire. That laissez-faire mentality permeates modern conservatism.
I do not confuse the two as has been intimated on another thread (LanDroid).
True leftist...that is to say...persons who are center left... in the American bastardized definition of liberal are no more than progressive in the sense of push-back towards the radical center right. So called right wing moderates such as Romney, Murkowski and Collins had zero problems loading the bench judicially...financially gutting administrations like the EPA, Education, Transportation, Energy and for me biggies like Social Security. Medicare.
The “liberal” mindset has permeated pop culture, libertarianism is the unspoken elephant in the room.
Current inflation is a false flag event designed by and pushed by a manufactured consent.
That’s your “Orwellian Liberalism”. The democratic progressives out ther now merely are trying to copy a model used by other progressives from the past. Ideas moved along by the likes of Abram Lincoln, Ted Roosevelt and his nephew Frank just to name a few.
What long standing grandeur exists?...progressivism. It is why the constitution was designed to be amended.
Libertarianism is Orwellian Liberalism functioning at its finest...that’s how close we are. Libertarianism is rope-a-doping Democracy.

Return to “Current Events & History”