Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:22 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
When will The Winds of Winter come out? 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Master Debater

Post When will The Winds of Winter come out?
Hello, I have been a fan of George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series since December 21, 2013 (Yes, I chose to get involved on Winter Solstice). I recently finished a Feast for Crows, and I was wondering: When will GRRM finish The Winds of Winter?

Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:06 pm
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Likes the book better than the movie

Silver Contributor

Post Re: When will The Winds of Winter come out?
First, welcome to Booktalk.org
"The Winds Of Winter" by George RR Martin, from what I under stand, sadly will not be published any time this year. The hope is that maybe sometime in late 2016 we'll get a chance to read it. Martin will not commit to a date as he has done it in the past. :cry:

Last edited by Taylor on Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:40 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
So many e-books my reader is overweight!

Silver Contributor

Copied from wikipedia "In an online Q&A on May 29, 2014 Martin's editor Anne Groell responded to the anticipated release date with "All I can say is that George is hard at work, and we hope to have it reasonably soon."[31] Analyses of Martin's writing pace expect the release date sometime between 2015 and 2017.["

"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters.”

Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:24 pm
Profile Email
Official Newbie!

Hi! Maybe I'm a bit late but just yesterday I saw this:

so I'm starting to think it's not going to be released this year (2020) either. However, I have to say that I'm expecting him to release Elden Ring with From Software (a game) and since it's been so long since the last book I've read from ASoIaF I'm more excited about the game. I guess it's quite difficult to create so many worlds and stories, and even if it's taking too long... I get it. It's his work. He has the right to take his time, specially since it's also his life (not a really young man, you know). He doesn't need to measure his productivity, I guess. Anyway, hope it helped.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:23 am
Profile Email
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.