• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 709 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:09 am

Audiobooks

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
peterstraub
Getting Comfortable

Audiobooks

Unread post

I like to listen to the audiobook while reading the real book. Who else shows that strange symptoms?

What are your favorite current audiobooks.

My favorite narroters are Ron McLarty and Frank Muller.
Visit my website http://www.bookmailing.com, to see my books I read!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Audiobooks

Unread post

I've done the same thing many times, Peter. I listen to the book on Audible.com and then read along. The more senses you involve in the process the more immersive the experience. Now I'm starting to wish they would make scratch-n-sniff books for adults. ;-)
nodoggy
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I don’t read while listening myself.
My favorite audiobook would have to We are Bob(We are Legion) and Earth Abides.
Victor D Lopez
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I love audiobooks. Without them I'd go insane in my long commute to work and personal travels along long, well-trodden paths. Currently I'm binging on Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" series (on Book 12). But I've never both listened and read along at the same time. The experience would be jarring for me in fiction at least as characters speak in a particular way and with distinct voices in my mind's eye that often conflicts with the audiobook voice talent's interpretation. I might find the experience enriching for, say, poetry read by the author as his/her cadence and interpretation of the written word might be different from mine (especially in free verse) and may color the meaning of the written word. But for fiction, I'm happy to enjoy the different experiences of listening or reading a book, but not both at once.
Zvonok0809
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Omg I would rather listen or read to these books over and over again than watch the movies!!

The entire Harry Potter Collection!
https://amzn.to/32ilwbf
brian douglas
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

I've never read and listened to a book at the same time, but I am a avid audio book listener.

I listen to books while running as I find that the story distracts me from my inner voice stating that 2 miles are enough for today...

I also listen in the car and while at work (listening now).
On the thin ice of modern life...

Return to “What are you currently reading?”