• In total there are 60 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 59 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Why isn't Joe Biden holding press conferences?

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Re: Why isn't Joe Biden holding press conferences?

Unread post

geo wrote:
Chris OConnor wrote:Why are the Democrats OK with this bunker strategy?
Why should Biden step into the spotlight when, by staying out of it, his poll numbers are fast increasing. All he has to do is stand aside and let Trump continue to make headlines over A) criminally negligent response to the coronavirus and B) say stupid things that try to divide America. Unfortunately, with Donald Trump as our president, Biden's bunker strategy is proving very effective. Trump’s approval ratings are the lowest in his presidency (and the lowest of any president since these kinds of polls were started).
Exactly! I was watching Judge Judy once and she was grilling this guy about something when the other party interjected a spiteful comment. She turned to that person and said, "When you're winning the case, it's best to stand there and keep your mouth shut!" Which is perfectly true and hence Biden has no need to make a spectacle of himself. Stay out of it. There will come a point when Biden will have to step up to the mic but that time is not now. Now is the time to let Trump run his big mouth so that the world sees what a total grade A schmuck he is.

Sure, Biden is getting old and forgetful--so what? I forget a lot more now than I did 10 years ago. It happens to all of us. Don't worry about it. But why draw any attention to verbal gaffes when you can just stay out of the bickering and continue to rack up the points without having to do anything? Common sense, really.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

Biden has speech problems, namely, he is a chronic stutterer. That can explain some of his lack of verbal performance. But I'm not sure I understand Chris's friend's objection to Biden not holding press conferences. Is that normally expected of a candidate? Isn't that more a function of an executive in office? And as geo noted, it isn't really true that Biden has been bottled up; he's made speeches and given interviews. Keep in mind that he hasn't even received the acclamation of his party. It's early yet for him to be in full campaign mode. I see perhaps a little bit of envy in the criticism that Biden isn't saturating the airwaves, instead playing a measured game, and taking advantage of his opponent's recent misfortunes.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

IMO Biden’s first job is to just win in 2020 what ever the cost,
this is immoral and part of the many problems we have in US politics
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

DWill wrote:Biden has speech problems, namely, he is a chronic stutterer. That can explain some of his lack of verbal performance. But I'm not sure I understand Chris's friend's objection to Biden not holding press conferences. Is that normally expected of a candidate? Isn't that more a function of an executive in office? And as geo noted, it isn't really true that Biden has been bottled up; he's made speeches and given interviews. Keep in mind that he hasn't even received the acclamation of his party. It's early yet for him to be in full campaign mode. I see perhaps a little bit of envy in the criticism that Biden isn't saturating the airwaves, instead playing a measured game, and taking advantage of his opponent's recent misfortunes.
what audiences has Biden given these alleged conferences and what was the extent of the interaction at the time?
We all remember CNN giving the questions to their favorite female presidential candidate about 4 years ago before taking the stage.

Let's all stop pretending here. We run the risk of lowering the bar for the qualifications we look for in a potential president.

I can underhand you a whiffleball all day for you to hit
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

ant wrote: Let's all stop pretending here. We run the risk of lowering the bar for the qualifications we look for in a potential president.
Ah, yes, we do miss Barack Obama in that sense. He was intelligent, distinguished, articulate—the stuff that makes a president presidential. My gosh, he was only 47 years old at the start of his presidency. Now look where we are.
-Geo
Question everything
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

I do have some concern over Biden's health, mainly due to his age. The presidency ages a man (or a woman, when one is elected). Just go back at look at pictures of a president when he entered office, and when he left.

And don't forget, if he is elected, Biden will be the oldest president ever at the time of taking office. So yes, his health is important. Equally important is his choice of a vice-president. Nine vice-presidents have succeeded to the oval office on the death of their predecessor. Biden should choose carefully.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

geo wrote:
ant wrote: Let's all stop pretending here. We run the risk of lowering the bar for the qualifications we look for in a potential president.
Ah, yes, we do miss Barack Obama in that sense. He was intelligent, distinguished, articulate—the stuff that makes a president presidential. My gosh, he was only 47 years old at the start of his presidency. Now look where we are.

I agree..

you certainly have to be intelligent to build cages for immigrant families for someone else to use and take all the blame.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

ant wrote:
DWill wrote:Biden has speech problems, namely, he is a chronic stutterer. That can explain some of his lack of verbal performance. But I'm not sure I understand Chris's friend's objection to Biden not holding press conferences. Is that normally expected of a candidate? Isn't that more a function of an executive in office? And as geo noted, it isn't really true that Biden has been bottled up; he's made speeches and given interviews. Keep in mind that he hasn't even received the acclamation of his party. It's early yet for him to be in full campaign mode. I see perhaps a little bit of envy in the criticism that Biden isn't saturating the airwaves, instead playing a measured game, and taking advantage of his opponent's recent misfortunes.
what audiences has Biden given these alleged conferences and what was the extent of the interaction at the time?
Did I say Biden had held press conferences?
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Unread post

Quote ant: “this is immoral and part of the many problems we have in the U.S politics “

Your objective morality doesn’t work. Your routine false equivalences do not work.

There are many right-on points being posted here but you just ignore them and keep driving the same tired idea that ‘God is the ultimate authority that there is no room for moral relativism, Just doesn’t work.

You called me “low-brow” because I wrote that you were “full of shit”.. Well you’re not much if any better. Your arguments are practiced, they are rehearsals, your writing has zero style. Your thoughts are mundane, you ignore the potential influences of the Castro brothers from Texas and the positive influences they’ll have for this country if given the chance. PSfB won’t do that but guess what, Biden will.

You wrote about lowering the bar of what’s presidential, you plainly ignore the substandard reprobate occupying the White House just to bad mouth a stutterer. Get off it man and be truthful with yourself.
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Unread post

I’m reminding myself of this notion of Obama being the “deporter and chief “ Isn’t it more humane to send people back home than some freaky, indefinite period of incarceration?

I could be wrong but one does seem better than the other.

Whiffle-balls what a poor idea of logic.

Return to “Current Events & History”