• In total there are 31 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 31 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

MAGA Rallies to start up

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Re: MAGA Rallies to start up

Unread post

ant wrote:
Regarding the world of online and cable news, I know zilch about that. I watch only the PBS Newshour.
Get out of that bubble.

You have barricaded yourself from what most people turn to for news sources and look at how it is impacting their behavior.
I'm talking about avoiding CNN and MSNBC, by the way, along with the rest. You must choose how to spend the time you have for collecting news, since that time is, and really should be, limited. The outlets I use are no more bubbles than any that others choose to use.
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Unread post

A rally in a 20,000 seat arena expected to draw tens of thousands more for outdoor cult-of-personality worship.

During a national pandemic emergency exacerbated by racial strife.

Maybe I'm not quite grasping the concept but there is one recurring image in my mind:

The Who, Cincinnati, 1979.

That's all I'm saying.

P.S., I'm back! Didya miss me?
Last edited by Litwitlou on Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I have a great relationship with the blacks."
Donald J. Trump
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

DWill wrote:
ant wrote:
Regarding the world of online and cable news, I know zilch about that. I watch only the PBS Newshour.
Get out of that bubble.

You have barricaded yourself from what most people turn to for news sources and look at how it is impacting their behavior.
I'm talking about avoiding CNN and MSNBC, by the way, along with the rest. You must choose how to spend the time you have for collecting news, since that time is, and really should be, limited. The outlets I use are no more bubbles than any that others choose to use.

Fair enough

Return to “Current Events & History”