• In total there are 25 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 25 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Coronavirus

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post

KindaSkolarly wrote:42% of the deaths have been in nursing homes. Apparently in an effort to make Trump look bad, several state governors forced Wuhan patients in among the elderly. Who could have imagined that Trump Derangement Syndrome would lead to mass murder by governors?
Yes, it does sound almost unbelieveable!

The other possibility, of course, is that some governors simply didn't act quickly enough to protect elderly populations in nursing homes. Anywhere you have clusters of at-risk people, you have a dangerous situation. Cruise ships are risky as well.

That's what I meant in my last post about the nature of science. We don't have a playbook telling us exactly what to do. We started with very few hard facts about coronavirus, and yet we are learning more all the time, as new data comes in.

I get it that you don't trust the government. But there's not s single shred of evidence that shows governors are purposefully trying to kill people to get back at Trump.
-Geo
Question everything
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

The Wuhan virus has now been completely politicized. You can be outside if you're a leftist, but not if you're a conservative.

Here's Michigan's fascist Governor Whitmer (at right) showing support for something or other. Where's the distancing? Where are the masks?

Thousands of ‘Black Trans Lives Matter’ Protesters Gather Outside Brooklyn Museum as Gov. Cuomo Threatens Party Goers in the Hamptons ‘Violating Social Distancing’
thegatewaypundit.com/2020/06/thousands- ... istancing/

DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Thanks to fascist Governor Whitmer, Florida (which did almost no locking down to speak of) has now passed Michigan in the number of daily infections. While Florida is now reporting about 1,000 infections daily, Michigan is down to less than 200 after having over 1700 infections in one day back in April. And that is due entirely to a prolonged lockdown period that prevented infection from spreading out of control. Two days ago, Michigan was sitting on about 66,000 sick and Florida passed Michigan by with 67,000. As of now, Florida is already up to 77,000!! Michigan is still less than 67,000. Maryland was at 60,000 then and up to 62,000 as on now. I expect that they too will soon pass Michigan. On June 14, Michigan recorded 189 new infections. That same day, Florida recorded 2,016!! Texas recorded 1,843. Georgia recorded 880. The White House is strangely silent about this. In fact, Trump wants to discontinue testing!! That's his solution to the numbers being too high in states he pushed to open up too soon. That's it, we just won't test them anymore and that will solve everything! Does that sound like any kind of leader to you???

Here's Michigan's death-rate graph month-by-month:

That dirty fascist Whitmer!!!! How dare she keep us safe!! Now if we can only keep the infected in these other states from coming into Michigan after all our hard work to flatten the curve which we have done admirably by any standards.
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Unread post

There are also strict measures in place. The restaurants are now open as are the bars. These are only allowed half capacity. When you walk in, you must have a mask on. All waiters and waitresses and busboys, cooks, etc. must be masked at all times. All tables and seats are disinfected after patrons leave them. No one can sit in them until they have been sprayed down. No one can sit at the counter. In the bars, it's the same: come in with a mask on and get a table--no one is allowed to sit at the bar. Barmaids are masked at all times. Patrons can remove their masks once they are seated but social distancing between tables must be observed. Money is not taken up to the cashier by patrons, the waitress will take the money up and return the change. They prefer cards be used.

The barbershops and hair salons opened up today. So, I went down and got a haircut long overdue. Again, you have to have a mask on--no mask, no service. The barbers or stylists wear masks at all times. No money allowed. You have to have a card. You can tip with money but must pay for your service with a card. They will not accept cash or coin nor give any change. In fact, they have no money at all. Card only. Once again, this keeps infections down.

Everywhere I go, people are masked. The people of Southeast Michigan (by far the hardest hit area of the state) have been good about wearing masks in public. I have one on everywhere I go. Most people I see do as well. Boy, that dirty fascist tyrant Whitmer instituting these laws and taking away our freedoms!! WAAAAAHHHHH!!!
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Unread post

As of yesterday, Michigan had 74 infections with 2 deaths. Florida had 1,758 with 7 deaths, Texas had 1,254 with 7 deaths, Georgia had 773 with 43 deaths. So, tell us once again how Whitmer is a power-mad fascist. If a second wave starts, it won't be from Michigan. What I don't know is if there will be any way we can stay free from it.
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

DB Roy wrote:That dirty fascist Whitmer!!!! How dare she keep us safe!! Now if we can only keep the infected in these other states from coming into Michigan after all our hard work to flatten the curve which we have done admirably by any standards.
i have a feeling the divergences you discuss are only going to get more pronounced as time goes on, and then when the second wave hits in November, be totally obvious. Too late for the election, probably, but if people pay attention they will see what you see.
DB Roy wrote:As of yesterday, Michigan had 74 infections with 2 deaths. Florida had 1,758 with 7 deaths, Texas had 1,254 with 7 deaths, Georgia had 773 with 43 deaths. So, tell us once again how Whitmer is a power-mad fascist.
I'm kind of struck by the low number of deaths, with the exception there of Georgia. One of the great benefits of flattening the curve is the ability to treat people who are hit by it, which really helps to keep the death toll down.

And now we have a simple treatment with steroids that makes a noticeable difference in survival.
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53061281
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

The numbers mean nothing in this plandemic. People DO test positive, then they DON'T. How do you figure that into the statistics? The only thing the numbers prove is that the people who believe them are gullible.
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Unread post

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 211405001/

Looks like Michiganders' hand washing, social distancing and aggressive lockdown measures may be paying off, if a new report is any indication: Michigan is one of three states on track to contain COVID-19, along with New York and New Jersey.

"#Michigan has moved to green on our COVID Warning Dashboard, indicating that they are on track to contain COVID. Cases are steadily decreasing and Michigan’s COVID preparedness meets or exceeds international standards across our key metrics." Covid Act Now, a nonprofit that tracks the spread of the virus tweeted Wednesday.

Covid Act Now, which includes epidemiologists, health experts and public policy leaders, disclosed the results of its latest national findings on its website, which ranked Michigan, New York and New Jersey as the only three states on track to contain the novel coronavirus. Most of the country is experiencing “controlled disease growth" while some are at risk or face an immediate threat of an outbreak, such as Arizona, Missouri, Georgia and Alabama.

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, who has taken a lot of heat over her now-lifted aggressive stay-at-home order, saw the report as "good news" for Michigan, but warned against being overly optimistic.

"This crisis is not over," Whitmer cautioned at a Wednesday news conference. "COVID-19 is still very present in Michigan and if we drop our guard, we’ll end up on the map the way those other states are so we’ve got to stay disciplined."

Click on it if you want to read the rest.
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Harry Marks wrote:
DB Roy wrote:That dirty fascist Whitmer!!!! How dare she keep us safe!! Now if we can only keep the infected in these other states from coming into Michigan after all our hard work to flatten the curve which we have done admirably by any standards.
i have a feeling the divergences you discuss are only going to get more pronounced as time goes on, and then when the second wave hits in November, be totally obvious. Too late for the election, probably, but if people pay attention they will see what you see.
DB Roy wrote:As of yesterday, Michigan had 74 infections with 2 deaths. Florida had 1,758 with 7 deaths, Texas had 1,254 with 7 deaths, Georgia had 773 with 43 deaths. So, tell us once again how Whitmer is a power-mad fascist.
I'm kind of struck by the low number of deaths, with the exception there of Georgia. One of the great benefits of flattening the curve is the ability to treat people who are hit by it, which really helps to keep the death toll down.

And now we have a simple treatment with steroids that makes a noticeable difference in survival.
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53061281
It's a funny disease. Michigan had an uptick to 204 infections yesterday but only 2 deaths. Florida had 2,160 infections yesterday and 25 deaths. Georgia had 952 infections with 46 deaths. Texas had 3,129 infections with 33 deaths.

These states need to quarantine right now before they infect other states.
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

KindaSkolarly wrote:States ordered to fraudulently inflate new COVID-19 cases by 15 TIMES the actual rate! The 2nd wave is a HOAX!
“...For example, if 1 person tests positive, anyone that person has been in contact with is also counted as a new case even though they’ve never been tested! ... There is NO spike in new cases, it’s a total HOAX!"
investmentwatchblog.com/states-ordered- ... is-a-hoax/
I was unable to confirm this. The only thing close was in a list of criteria for counting cases in Arizona, which said that symptomatic people who were in close contact (shared living quarters) with a confirmed case should be counted as a case.

Sounds like another piece of garbage reporting to me, but even if it were true, the hospital ICUs are not filling up from a hoax, they are filling up from an epidemic. You should be ashamed of yourself claiming that the surge is a hoax. You obviously care not at all about your credibility. When the number of new cases tops 100,000 per day and the hospitals are having to set up temporary units in Houston and Arizona and all over Florida, you will just be moving on to the next ridiculous claim.

Return to “Science & Technology”