• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Minneapolis burns for 3 days

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Minneapolis burns for 3 days

Unread post

Pharmacies burned ..
banks, gas stations, restaurants, grocery stores.. the post office.

The Governor and the Mayor of Minneapolis just went live to apologize to the people who are "hurting," burned the city down, and are now assuring them something is going to be done to protect life and property.

Gov Tim Watz - Democrat

Mayor Jacob Frey - Democrat

Both totally impotent "progressive" losers.

Unbelievable incompetence.

Can't say it enough: something is very, very wrong with the left.

As if a pandemic was not enough to rebound from.
Last edited by ant on Sat May 30, 2020 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Re: Minneapolis burns for 3 days

Unread post

Have we forgotten had bad race relations were under the Obama Admin?

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/14/us/m ... finds.html
Despite President Obama’s insistence at a memorial service for the fallen officers that the races in the United States are “not as divided as we seem,” the poll found that black and white Americans hold starkly different views on race, particularly regarding the treatment of African-Americans by the police

Whites seem to have thought electing our first black president would be enough to placate black and minority "wise guys" and that everybody would be happy.

If Obama had a misconception about racial divide during his term, how might an old fashioned white man who is insensitive when he speaks to people of color might feel about race over time?

Just how many blind spots do Biden's supporters have?
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

ant wrote:Pharmacies burned ..
banks, gas stations, restaurants, grocery stores.. the post office.

The Governor and the Mayor of Minneapolis just went live to apologize to the people who are "hurting," burned the city down, and are now assuring them something is going to be done to protect life and property.

Gov Tim Watz - Democrat

Mayor Jacob Frey - Democrat

Both totally impotent "progressive" losers.

Unbelievable incompetence.

Can't say it enough: something is very, very wrong with the left.

As if a pandemic was not enough to rebound from.
All of that concern shown about racism just a day or two ago, and nothing, nothing at all from you, about the tragic killing of George Floyd?
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

There is potential for tonight to dwarf the Rodney King riots here in Los Angeles.

All LAPD is out in force.
LAPD has the smallest metro force in the country - only 9k strong.

This situation should have been a no-brainer for the Mayor and the Governor, both progressive, indecisive cucks.

The rationale should have been very easy here when this started to foment a couple of days ago:

This city (like every other across the nation and the world) is hurting financially and psychologically from COVID19. We are just now opening up businesses that will be struggling for their lives to rebound. If this situation gets out of control, there's potential to send us deeper into an economic depression that might take a decades to recover from.

The psychological state of society is ripe to make matters worse.. people are coming out of imposed (albeit necessary, to a degree, isolation) with their amygdalas controlling their barbaric behavior.
Two words - cabin fever

There is a big difference between a protest (which I support 100% in this case) and a riot. Right now people are protesting because it's still daylight..
Tonight they will be rioting.

The National Guard should have been called YESTERFUCKINGDAY, but our democratic cucks are making the same mistake right now the cucks of Minneapolis made.

I remember the Rodney King riots.
My parents lived through the Watts riots.. I remember I was told the Rodney King riots were as scary as the Watts riots..

I have to say at this moment what is brewing right now in LA is actually more frightening than the King riots.

Tonight, people who put all their blood, sweat and tears into their businesses will be ruined - even more than they already were.
And they will be defenseless because the cucks that run our city would rather plead with people not to burn down their city.
Unbelievable.

It is time for change in CA

These cucks need to be voted out of office.

Wish us luck.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

I see that Newsome has called National Guard in. I didn't see news about bad looting, etc. last night, so I hope there was a semblance of control.

PBS reported that large numbers of protesters had come from the outside to Minneapolis. The injury to that community from the killing of Floyd is very real, and we shouldn't be equating the community with the rioters.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

LAPD was totally overwhelmed night.. The looting and violence was worse than it has even been in comparison to past LA riots.

The Mayor and Governor failed here. They get an "F"

After watching Minneapolis burn for 3 days many business owners in LA boarded up their shops 24 to 48 hours before last night because they feared what might happen in Minneapolis would happen in LA. It was a smart move considering LAs history with police brutality and rioting.

It wasn't until after the anarchy started last night that the Mayor asked Newsom for Guard assistance.
What did Newsom deploy? - 500 Guardsmen... FIVE HUNDRED.. For one of the largest cities in the world that happens to have the smallest police force of any large metropolitan district.

These dumb cucks need to be removed from office after this.
I suspect at some point they'd like to use this as yet another political talking point to keep their positions of power.

The most deplorable thing of all is to see democrats licking their chops at all this.
I'm beginning to think they've become so desperate and morally depraved they are cheering on plague and civil unrest, hoping for it to continue till November.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

I'm a little taken aback by this epithet "cuck" you're throwing around. But what about the latest killing by police? Is it worthy of mention in terms of racism's legacy?
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

DWill wrote:I'm a little taken aback by this epithet "cuck" you're throwing around. But what about the latest killing by police? Is it worthy of mention in terms of racism's legacy?

What about the latest killing?

I think we all were united and appalled by the brutality and inhumanity we all witnessed. This should go without saying. Unless of course you are a sociopath, which I am not.

But this has turned into something very different now. The legitimate protesters that want to be heard are being overshadowed by the thugery and anarchy that is currently out of control.

Also, I don't think there's a question about what political ideology has influenced the extremists that are running amok now.
The left can't control their Frankenstein monster at the moment.
And leftist leadership has been totally impotent.

A big part of the problem within law enforcement and these bad apples who show their ugly head every so often is "the code of silence" systemic to the institution. We need good cops to call out bad cops before incidents like this happen. I'm fairly certain this last cop has a history of bad conduct that may or may not have been documented.
When I saw that video the first thing that crossed my mind was wouldn't have it been wonderful if one of the cops that were present would have said "No! Enough! Get the hell off of him or I'm going get you off him myself!"
The next time it happens (and it will) we need a cop that's on the scene to start zero tolerance of police brutality among themselves.
Last edited by ant on Sun May 31, 2020 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

ant wrote:Also, I don't think there's a question about what political ideology has influenced the extremists that are running amok now.
The left can't control their Frankenstein monster at the moment.
And leftist leadership has been totally impotent.
Hmm, I've never heard that liberals support looting and anarchy. That doesn't sound very consistent with progressive politics to me.

Indeed, what makes you think political ideology has anything to do with this latest looting? Certainly protests for George Floyd come from the liberal notion of fairness/equity. But I would suspect that looting is something else entirely, influenced by very different psychological motivations. Then again, you seem pretty sure that liberals are to blame for almost everything. Why not this too? It's so black and white—and easy to understand.
-Geo
Question everything
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

ant wrote:The most deplorable thing of all is to see democrats licking their chops at all this.
I'm beginning to think they've become so desperate and morally depraved they are cheering on plague and civil unrest, hoping for it to continue till November.
The only thing I have heard about is expert opinion that these spasms of violence have repeatedly helped the right and hurt liberals. I think it's time that big city leaders took seriously the lessons from cities who have managed to reform their police departments. Get to know the people in the neighborhoods. Don't treat your gun as a communication device. De-escalate before you start doing stupid things. Don't use steroids.

The typical voter, and the typical swing voter, seems to view these issues like you do, Ant. But then, the typical voter doesn't have to worry about their sons being killed for jogging while black or reaching for their driver's licence as instructed.

I would like to see the antifa get out of demonstrations. If they want to confront people on the right who are already being violent, that is their business, but too many of them are happy to escalate the violence. Looters taking advantage of tensions deserve to be arrested. But it is obvious that the violence is covered by the sheer number of demonstrators, and those numbers happen because the police have not found a way to clean up their act.

Return to “Current Events & History”