• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 758 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:50 am

173 Declared Democratic Presidential Candidates

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Re: 173 Declared Democratic Presidential Candidates

Unread post

ant wrote:Thought experiments are limited models. The fantasy world of two trolleys carefully crafted is not some ethical guru that can be conjured up as a wise and noble guru that will set your moral compass in life.
You presenting it as a political guide to vote Blue this year or be cast as a villain is an oversimplification.
It is also quite lazy of you.

I am sorry you are willing to accept racism "light" and are also willing to sacrifice the rights of women to be free of sexual harassment.
That to me is not progress.
I keep waiting to hear the alternative that I should consider. Our election system works on a binary. If we all want to think about whether ranked-order voting or proportional representation or some other system should be considered, I am on board with that. If someone wants to make a case that we should consider outsiders just because the system is so rotten, so that even the rottenest outsider is better than yet another insider, I am interested. But just condemning any side that hasn't been condemned yet doesn't strike me as all that helpful to the choice at hand.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

Harry Marks wrote:
ant wrote:Thought experiments are limited models. The fantasy world of two trolleys carefully crafted is not some ethical guru that can be conjured up as a wise and noble guru that will set your moral compass in life.
You presenting it as a political guide to vote Blue this year or be cast as a villain is an oversimplification.
It is also quite lazy of you.

I am sorry you are willing to accept racism "light" and are also willing to sacrifice the rights of women to be free of sexual harassment.
That to me is not progress.
I keep waiting to hear the alternative that I should consider. Our election system works on a binary. If we all want to think about whether ranked-order voting or proportional representation or some other system should be considered, I am on board with that. If someone wants to make a case that we should consider outsiders just because the system is so rotten, so that even the rottenest outsider is better than yet another insider, I am interested. But just condemning any side that hasn't been condemned yet doesn't strike me as all that helpful to the choice at hand.

I don't know.. what would Jesus do, Harry? Vote for Joe Biden?
Then go ahead and vote for him.

I don't have any advice for you.. I've mentioned what my position is though.. I few times.
And I've already mentioned who my choice was..

The corrupt and incompetent Democratic party wanted a cardboard prop to run against Trump. Most likely turning him into a sock puppet if he wins the White House. Joe's mental faculties won't last 4 years. We know that. And we aren't just talking about "gaffees" We're talking about an old guy who's still living in the 50s that speaks poorly and condescendingly to people of color. Those are his true colors.. It's not hard to see.

I can't support more of the same garbage dressed up differently.
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

Is Biden "grooming" the nation?

Where Are Biden's Boundaries?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGxDAHJKuho

In that video the social worker talks about how sexual predators groom children by violating their personal space. They also groom families and communities to accept the inappropriate behavior. So now we have Joe Biden, recorded performing indecent acts over DECADES. I have to wonder if he hasn't been grooming the nation to accept his perversions:

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffnt&q=biden+ ... ontage.jpg

Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

KindaSkolarly wrote: So now we have Joe Biden, recorded performing indecent acts over DECADES. I have to wonder if he hasn't been grooming the nation to accept his perversions:
Not a single one of the images presented is indecent. Thank you for sparing our tender eyeballs from the real dirt.

But since, as we know, fake pictures are now relatively easy to gin up, we will never know, will we? Maybe he pays prostitutes to pee on a bed his rival once occupied. Maybe he rapes underage girls provided to him by Jeffery Epstein. Maybe every dark fantasy lurking in the minds of opponents is going to be converted into a "photograph". Maybe it's time to stop paying attention to these idiot stories. Certainly all of our Dear Leader's supporters think so.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

There are touching boundaries that rational sensitive people are, um, naturally aware of and do not commit with other people and their family members..

Would you let me, on a first or even second encounter, as someone you do not know personally in your life, put my arms around your daughter's neck? How about your wife?

If you do not think there is anything inappropriate or not decent about that you are not well, Harry.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

The attacks on Biden's decency are designed to level the playing field with Donald Trump, the only president we have had who doesn't possess an elementary sense of decency. If anyone needs examples., I'm afraid they've been living with heads in the sand or are good at shielding themselves from reality. On decency, there is no contest. Biden is not perfect and may even have committed criminal sexual assault 20 years ago (the evidence against him is not strong), but still there is no contest, and it's hard to imagine how there could be, regardless of whom the other party had put up to oppose Trump. Republicans in greater numbers are realizing that Trump must be defeated. A new organization called Republican Voters Against Trump will start running ads shortly. One ad uses the theme of Trump's inauguration speech, "American carnage," to display his failures. It's possible that Republicans could accept a Democrat winning the presidency if they believe that rescuing the reputation of the party will preserve their Senate majority. I don't mean that any Republican members of the Senate or the House will support Biden, but many non-elected influencers, representing the voters, know how serious the present moment is. Four more years of DJT will be disastrous.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

The attacks on Biden's decency are designed to level the playing field with Donald Trump
That is politics, DWill. And it has been a part of the game for a very, very long time. Each side has in their respective war chest a blunt Ad Hominem beating stick. And each side uses it regularly. It is disingenuous to cry foul on one team but not the other.

Joe Biden's intrusive mannerisms with females is not decent. I'm sorry, but it is all over the internet for everyone to see. It has been part of his character for years and he has even been called out by members of his own team. He has been asked to temper his touchy-touchy desires and has ignored all calls for it. Add sexual misconduct allegations on top of that and it is reasonable to have suspicions about his moral conduct when not enough eyes are on him. He can't control himself and we are likely to reasonably follow his own advice that we should believe a woman if she comes forward with allegations of sexual misconduct. This should not even be a debate.

If you are implying that I am attempting to even the playing field for Trump you are wrong. I will not be voting for Trump (i did not the first time) and do not secretly consider him to be my dog in this race.

Biden is not perfect and may even have committed criminal sexual assault 20 years ago (the evidence against him is not strong), but still there is no contest, and it's hard to imagine how there could be, regardless of whom the other party had put up to oppose Trump.
2 years, 5 years, 10 years, 20 years ago does not matter and should not matter when it comes to serious allegations like sexual misconduct. I am surprised you are trying to sanitize it by pleading to Father Time.
You are being severely unsympathetic here too. Women who have experienced sexual harassment and assault do not look at such egregious acts committed against them by marking days off a calendar. The trauma lives with them for the rest of their lives.

You are a reasonable man. I find it shocking that you are essentially saying "it was 20 years ago, so he's a better man than the guy who did it, oh, 10 years ago"
That reasoning can do nothing but minimize the words of future women who will bravely come forward to expose men like Biden.
Last edited by ant on Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Look at the second picture on the second row of KOS's post.

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO KISS MY SON ON THE LIPS LIKE THAT - EVER!

That is not some old fashion guy who doesn't know we are 20 years into the new millennium.

He looks like a dirty old man.

If any republican candidate would try just that one incident we'd never hear the last of it!
Last edited by ant on Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

Biden Brain Freeze: Old Joe Loses His Train of Thought, Stumbles Through Roundtable Discussion with Mask Dangling From His Ear (VIDEO)
thegatewaypundit.com/2020/06/biden-brai ... ear-video/

In this clip Biden says, "He's going down to Texas on Juneteenth, right? The first major massacre, literally speaking, of the black Wall Street, right? Years ago." Look at the mask dangling from his ear. Look at the befuddlement. They should be calling 911 during this cerebral incident.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

I have to say I saw that and it was embarrassing. It's gone too far.

He is in the beginning stages of dementia. It's too apparent now.

How could the democrats have forced this guy down the throats of their willfully blind sheep?

This just can't be.. I'm almost starting to believe that pushing this old dinosaur up to the podium is by design because no one can possibly be stupid enough to believe Biden is presidential material.

The democratic thugs could not have controlled Bernie Sanders. They could not have controlled Tulsi Gabbard (my candidate).

But whoever they really have in mind CAN control this cardboard layout.

Return to “Current Events & History”