• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Coronavirus

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Australia

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post

Interbane wrote:FYI, my vote is now against keeping KS on Booktalk. He doesn't engage, and simply uses the forum as a place to spout his lunacy. It would be different if there were some sort of dialogue. But it's like trying to talk to a dandelion. All we get is an endless spew of conspiracy.
Hi Interbane, I assume it is up to Chris to decide on banning. I completely endorse your comments here. KindaSkolarly has used booktalk as a propaganda platform to promote fake news. I think that is bad for the reputation and impression that booktalk creates and for the objective of promoting rational dialogue.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

What changed CA Governor Newsom's mind to suddenly give the okay to reopen churches?

Is he finally looking at the data?

Is he concerned about his political career, generally speaking?

How many liberals have a sour stomach over this decision and will want to argue taxing churches if they are indeed "essential services" ?

By explicitly and categorically assigning all in-person ‘religious services’ to a future Phase 3 — without any express regard to the number of attendees, the size of the space, or the safety protocols followed in such services8 — the State’s Reopening Plan undeniably ‘discriminate on its face’ against ‘religious conduct,’” the judge said.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/2 ... own-278641

He was discriminating against them

Thank you
Last edited by ant on Mon May 25, 2020 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

ant wrote:What changed CA Governor Newsom's mind to suddenly give the okay to reopen churches?

Is he finally looking at the data?

Is he concerned about his political career, generally speaking?

He was discriminating against them

Thank you
You are quoting one dissenting legal opinion, but not the side of the majority:
“We’re dealing here with a highly contagious and often fatal disease for which there presently is no known cure,’” Judges Barry Silverman and Jacqueline Nguyen wrote. “In the words of Justice Robert Jackson, if a ‘court does not temper its doctrinaire logic with a little practical wisdom, it will convert the constitutional Bill of Rights into a suicide pact.’”
Why would a church be exempt from a state's lockdown measures that are intended to protect its citizens? Was Gov. Newsom also discriminating against movie theaters and restaurants? The discrimination argument doesn't pass muster, in my opinion.

It gets a little complicated when governments try to make rules for churches, given the whole separation of church and state thing, don't you reckon? But even so, churches aren't sovereign territories. You would close down churches for the same reason you close down movie theaters.

In that respect, Gov. Newsom is being consistent. He lifted the lockdown orders for churches at the same time he did for retail stores. I think you're tilting at windmills, Ant.
-Geo
Question everything
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

You are quoting one dissenting legal opinion, but not the side of the majority:
I am doing no such thing.
Newsom also discriminating against movie theaters and restaurants?

movie theaters and restaurants are not places were people practice religion - something that is protected by law.. this is apples to oranges, but I suppose not to non believers.
I understand the deep antipathy in play here, Geo.
In that respect, Gov. Newsom is being consistent.
In no respect is the above "consistent" with anything Newsom is on record saying.
Newsom had places of worship on an indefinite timetable for opening... Making the distinction between a place people congregate to freely practice their religion and gathering in a building to eat mac n cheese with a greasy hot dog are not even in the same ballpark

I support the pressure from the White House to open churches. Religion is important in many very good people's lives. It is a positive experience that fosters good will.
Although I am agnostic I pleased with this.
Last edited by ant on Tue May 26, 2020 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

Interbane wrote:FYI, my vote is now against keeping KS on Booktalk. He doesn't engage, and simply uses the forum as a place to spout his lunacy. It would be different if there were some sort of dialogue. But it's like trying to talk to a dandelion. All we get is an endless spew of conspiracy.
Geez. I guess I should look at my last post here, to see where I transgressed.

OK, I made four points:

1) I mentioned a history of how "social distancing" came to be federal policy.
2) I referenced a piece about how the ultimate pandemic expert, D.A. Henderson, was against drastic actions like lockdowns.
3) I reiterated the horrifying stories about the Moderna vaccine test catastrophe and the 2009 Baxter Pharmaceutical scandal.
4) I posted the video of the Cuomo brothers joking about death.

For point #1 I linked to the NY Times, and for #4 to CNN. Both of those are bastions of leftism, so if I'm spreading conspiracy, then it's leftist conspiracy.

And lunacy? The above things happened. Read the stories, watch the videos. I admit it's some crazy stuff, but...it HAPPENED.

Leftists are currently trying to purge all dissent on the internet, and they're doing it because of the upcoming debate over vaccines. They can't win that one. The vaccine industry has left a long, bloody trail, and the only way to address it is to NOT address it.

SV40 comes to mind. Millions of Americans received polio vaccines containing Simian Virus 40 between 1955 and 1963:

CDC Admits 98 Million Americans Received Polio Vaccine in an 8-Year Span When It Was Contaminated with Cancer Virus
renegadetribune.com/cdc-admits-98-milli ... cer-virus/

Below is a piece about Dr. Maurice Hillerman, who was one of the world's leaders in vaccine technology back then. Listen to how cavalier he is about the enormous damage he did to humanity. He and his peers LAUGH about it in the video contained within the article:

Dr. Maurice Hilleman explains why Merck’s vaccines have spread AIDS & other plagues worldwide
https://thongtinvaccine.wordpress.com/2 ... n-youtube/

Anyway, the leaders of the left are hoping to inject all of humanity with no telling what, and the action is indefensible. So they need to silence those who object. To be fair the Right is also part of the problem, but that's mostly because of ignorance and greed. The Left knows what it's doing and is just anti-human.

Here's a chart relating to Bill Gates. Note that he gives money to the Imperial College of London, which released the first Fake Model regarding the Wuhan virus. He gives money to the W.H.O., which has done China's bidding throughout the plandemic. He gives money to the CDC, which just announced that they were wrong, the virus doesn't stay active on hard surfaces for 18 hours after all. On and on. Gates is funding a misinformation campaign, apparently so he can inject us.

LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

On the 98 million polio vaccines contaminated with cancer virus administered to Americans (doesn't say which virus), KS's link goes to the classic "Error 404 Not Found!" so no evidence at all. The author: Dave Mihalovic is a Naturopathic Doctor* who specializes in vaccine research, cancer prevention and a natural approach to treatment.
*Oh goody!
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

I'm sorry, I didn't know you were a Special Needs user. Let's go to wikipedia. You've heard of wikipedia, haven't you? What does it have to say about this?

"Over 98 million Americans received one or more doses of polio vaccine between 1955 and 1963 when a proportion of vaccine was contaminated with SV40; an estimated 10–30 million Americans may have received a dose of vaccine contaminated with SV40."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polio_vaccine

And for the adults:

“It’s all Bullsh*t” – 3 Leaks that Sink the Covid Narrative

The science of the coronavirus is not disputed. It is well documented and openly admitted:

* Most people won’t get the virus.
* Most of the people who get it won’t display symptoms.
* Most of the people who display symptoms will only be mildly sick.
* Most of the people with severe symptoms will never be critically ill.
* And most of the people who get critically ill will survive.

This is borne out by the numerous serological studies which show, again and again, that the infection fatality ratio is on par with flu.

There is no science – and increasingly little rational discussion – to justify the lockdown measures and overall sense of global panic.

Nevertheless, it’s always good to get official acknowledgement of the truth, even if it has to be leaked.

Here are three leaks showing that those in power know that the coronavirus poses no threat, and in no way justifies the lockdown that is going to destroy the livelihoods of so many....

https://off-guardian.org/2020/05/31/its ... tmZFym2yPt

America's leftist Democratic Party is now "failing forward." They're currently facilitating mayhem with the riots. And when that has run its course they'll move on to some other new outrage. But don't forget that the governors in the Democratic states murdered thousands and thousands of elderly by sending Covid patients to nursing homes. In Michigan the governor sent a 20-year old to a nursing home.

UPDATE: 20-Yr-Old Boxer Was Moved to Michigan Nursing Home BECAUSE HE HAD CORONAVIRUS! — Beat 77 Yr-Old Veteran And WAS STILL THERE A WEEK LATER
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/0 ... eek-later/

Various youtube videos about it:

duckduckgo.com/?q=nursing+home+jadon&am ... iax=videos

Whitmer, the Governor of Michigan, is responsible for this.

DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Unread post

The lady who runs the payroll for my company just lost her husband to covid-19 back in April. He was in his mid-40s. Go tell her this all an overblown conspiracy foisted off by Gretchen Whitmer. I agree with Whitmer's moves. Michigan has been hard-hit but is doing much better than in April because she has not reopened the state. Sure I want it to reopen but there is no point to it if people start getting sick and they have to close it down again.

It's easy to be a sideline critic but if you were a governor and you had to make that decision and knowing that when this is over you will be either a hero because you kept the state closed and prevented reinfection or a goat because you reopened too early, it's not that hard a choice to make. When people's lives depend on that decision and your medical advisers are telling you not to open yet or it will be devastating, it's pretty easy to keep things locked down. If it's not to you then you can whine like a baby about how unfair this all is to your precious freedoms.

The people have a very short and selective memory. They may be pissed at Whitmer now but if Michigan comes out of this without any great second wave of covid, they'll forget all about it. If the state gets ravaged by a second wave, they will remember that. It doesn't matter how much they whined to reopen the state NOW--RIGHT NOW! If there is a massive second wave, they will blame her for it. If I were her, I would make the same decision she did and so would anybody--I don't care how stupidly right wing you are. When it's YOUR decision for which you WILL be held accountable, it's suddenly not so easy to throw everything open again risk more deaths and you won't.
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Anybody who cites Renegade Tribune articles need their tiny heads examined:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renegade_Tribune
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

OK, so you agree with Whitmer's murders. That's fine. At least you're honest about it.

To reiterate:
"It’s all Bullsh*t" – 3 Leaks that Sink the Covid Narrative

The science of the coronavirus is not disputed. It is well documented and openly admitted:

* Most people won’t get the virus.
* Most of the people who get it won’t display symptoms.
* Most of the people who display symptoms will only be mildly sick.
* Most of the people with severe symptoms will never be critically ill.
* And most of the people who get critically ill will survive.

This is borne out by the numerous serological studies which show, again and again, that the infection fatality ratio is on par with flu.

There is no science – and increasingly little rational discussion – to justify the lockdown measures and overall sense of global panic....

https://off-guardian.org/2020/05/31/its ... HfzlnNuqFg
(Or if that link doesn't work...)
https://www.zerohedge.com/health/its-al ... -narrative
The people who screamed for lockdowns said we should "follow the science." We did, and what it's shown is that we have a new bug that's got a mortality rate about the same as the flu. Should we shut down the world every time the flu crops up? Or a wave of chest colds? How about allergy seasons, and which allergies?

The Covid Plandemic is over. The more "progressive" leftists have moved on to rioting.

Return to “Science & Technology”