Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:25 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
173 Declared Democratic Presidential Candidates 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Platinum Contributor
Book Discussion Leader

Post Re: 173 Declared Democratic Presidential Candidates
KindaSkolarly wrote:
DWill wrote:
KindaSkolarly wrote:
My new favorite campaign statement from Joe Biden: "I'm prepared to say that I have a record of over forty years and that I'm going to beat Joe Biden."

Inconveniently for you, what Biden said was, "I'm going to be Joe Biden". If you cared about the truth, you would have listened to the comment he actually made, and then perhaps even you would not be peddling this particular lie.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... squote-bi/

No, sorry, the T at the end of "be" is audible. He says he's going to BEAT Joe Biden. And he might be right.

Perhaps he was rasslin' with his dentures when he made the statement. His uppers almost got the best of him in one of the debates:

Hey, all you need to do is put the brainpower you certainly possess to some good use and listen to what Biden is saying--if Politifact's ruling is anathema for you. The context of Biden's response to the interviewer's question makes it clear beyond reasonable doubt that Biden is saying that he'll continue to act in ways consistent with his past principles, in other words, that he will continue to be Joe Biden. This righto attempt to paint Joe as senile fails miserably.

Fri May 29, 2020 7:43 am
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

BookTalk.org Moderator
Platinum Contributor

KindaSkolarly wrote:
. . . I have to admit that sometimes I have trouble understanding Bidenese. It's not for lack of study though. I've tried to decipher hours of video like this:

Wow, you have too much time on your hands.

Fri May 29, 2020 2:43 pm
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Gold Contributor

Geo wrote:
Quote:
Perhaps we should think of the 2020 election as a variation of the trolley problem.

Ah, yes.. another Trolleyologist espousing Trolleyism.

A fantasy script of a world of trolleys.. penned perfectly by he who wishes to be an ethical guide from his armchair and graft a bizarre world totally void of context onto the context rich world of reality .. a reality that is outside the window the armchair philosopher gazes out of.

You wake up and find yourself out in a huge field. There are two railroad tracks.. on track has 5 people and the other track has 4.
A train is approaching in the distance. There is a lever in front of you. You must pull it to divert the train killing either the track with 5 people or the track with 4 people..
The track with 4 people has one female that's pregnant..
The track with 5 people has one person who is a brilliant scientist that may or may not save the world one day

You must choose which group you will save by pulling a lever!

That's mine for today. Which fantasy variant is yours today?

Just who on earth do you think you're talking to here?

Stop passing off armchair thought experiment bullshit as if it is a steadfast ethical guide for the happenings taking place in the real world.
The real world is context rich and filled with information that a bland, bizarre fantasy world cannot equal.

Thought experiments are limited models. The fantasy world of two trolleys carefully crafted is not some ethical guru that can be conjured up as a wise and noble guru that will set your moral compass in life.
You presenting it as a political guide to vote Blue this year or be cast as a villain is an oversimplification.
It is also quite lazy of you.

I am sorry you are willing to accept racism "light" and are also willing to sacrifice the rights of women to be free of sexual harassment.
That to me is not progress.

Last edited by ant on Fri May 29, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri May 29, 2020 4:44 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Reading Fool

BookTalk.org Moderator
Silver Contributor

Searching for something else, I found that Ant REALLY HATES the trolley problem. :x
post139097.html?hilit=trolley#p139097

Sat May 30, 2020 1:53 am
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Gold Contributor

LanDroid wrote:
Searching for something else, I found that Ant REALLY HATES the trolley problem. :x
post139097.html?hilit=trolley#p139097

What are you going on about?

Sat May 30, 2020 2:12 am
Profile Email
OMG WTF LOL

ant wrote:
Thought experiments are limited models. The fantasy world of two trolleys carefully crafted is not some ethical guru that can be conjured up as a wise and noble guru that will set your moral compass in life.
You presenting it as a political guide to vote Blue this year or be cast as a villain is an oversimplification.

I am sorry you are willing to accept racism "light" and are also willing to sacrifice the rights of women to be free of sexual harassment.

I keep waiting to hear the alternative that I should consider. Our election system works on a binary. If we all want to think about whether ranked-order voting or proportional representation or some other system should be considered, I am on board with that. If someone wants to make a case that we should consider outsiders just because the system is so rotten, so that even the rottenest outsider is better than yet another insider, I am interested. But just condemning any side that hasn't been condemned yet doesn't strike me as all that helpful to the choice at hand.

Sat May 30, 2020 8:39 am
Profile Email

Gold Contributor

Harry Marks wrote:
ant wrote:

I keep waiting to hear the alternative that I should consider. Our election system works on a binary. If we all want to think about whether ranked-order voting or proportional representation or some other system should be considered, I am on board with that. If someone wants to make a case that we should consider outsiders just because the system is so rotten, so that even the rottenest outsider is better than yet another insider, I am interested. But just condemning any side that hasn't been condemned yet doesn't strike me as all that helpful to the choice at hand.

I don't know.. what would Jesus do, Harry? Vote for Joe Biden?
Then go ahead and vote for him.

I don't have any advice for you.. I've mentioned what my position is though.. I few times.
And I've already mentioned who my choice was..

The corrupt and incompetent Democratic party wanted a cardboard prop to run against Trump. Most likely turning him into a sock puppet if he wins the White House. Joe's mental faculties won't last 4 years. We know that. And we aren't just talking about "gaffees" We're talking about an old guy who's still living in the 50s that speaks poorly and condescendingly to people of color. Those are his true colors.. It's not hard to see.

I can't support more of the same garbage dressed up differently.

Sat May 30, 2020 10:00 am
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Masters

Is Biden "grooming" the nation?

Where Are Biden's Boundaries?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGxDAHJKuho

In that video the social worker talks about how sexual predators groom children by violating their personal space. They also groom families and communities to accept the inappropriate behavior. So now we have Joe Biden, recorded performing indecent acts over DECADES. I have to wonder if he hasn't been grooming the nation to accept his perversions:

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffnt&q=biden+ ... ontage.jpg

Sun May 31, 2020 10:13 pm
Profile Email
OMG WTF LOL

KindaSkolarly wrote:
So now we have Joe Biden, recorded performing indecent acts over DECADES. I have to wonder if he hasn't been grooming the nation to accept his perversions:

Not a single one of the images presented is indecent. Thank you for sparing our tender eyeballs from the real dirt.

But since, as we know, fake pictures are now relatively easy to gin up, we will never know, will we? Maybe he pays prostitutes to pee on a bed his rival once occupied. Maybe he rapes underage girls provided to him by Jeffery Epstein. Maybe every dark fantasy lurking in the minds of opponents is going to be converted into a "photograph". Maybe it's time to stop paying attention to these idiot stories. Certainly all of our Dear Leader's supporters think so.

Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:41 am
Profile Email

Gold Contributor

There are touching boundaries that rational sensitive people are, um, naturally aware of and do not commit with other people and their family members..

Would you let me, on a first or even second encounter, as someone you do not know personally in your life, put my arms around your daughter's neck? How about your wife?

If you do not think there is anything inappropriate or not decent about that you are not well, Harry.

Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:02 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Platinum Contributor
Book Discussion Leader

The attacks on Biden's decency are designed to level the playing field with Donald Trump, the only president we have had who doesn't possess an elementary sense of decency. If anyone needs examples., I'm afraid they've been living with heads in the sand or are good at shielding themselves from reality. On decency, there is no contest. Biden is not perfect and may even have committed criminal sexual assault 20 years ago (the evidence against him is not strong), but still there is no contest, and it's hard to imagine how there could be, regardless of whom the other party had put up to oppose Trump. Republicans in greater numbers are realizing that Trump must be defeated. A new organization called Republican Voters Against Trump will start running ads shortly. One ad uses the theme of Trump's inauguration speech, "American carnage," to display his failures. It's possible that Republicans could accept a Democrat winning the presidency if they believe that rescuing the reputation of the party will preserve their Senate majority. I don't mean that any Republican members of the Senate or the House will support Biden, but many non-elected influencers, representing the voters, know how serious the present moment is. Four more years of DJT will be disastrous.

Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:52 pm

Gold Contributor

Quote:
The attacks on Biden's decency are designed to level the playing field with Donald Trump

That is politics, DWill. And it has been a part of the game for a very, very long time. Each side has in their respective war chest a blunt Ad Hominem beating stick. And each side uses it regularly. It is disingenuous to cry foul on one team but not the other.

Joe Biden's intrusive mannerisms with females is not decent. I'm sorry, but it is all over the internet for everyone to see. It has been part of his character for years and he has even been called out by members of his own team. He has been asked to temper his touchy-touchy desires and has ignored all calls for it. Add sexual misconduct allegations on top of that and it is reasonable to have suspicions about his moral conduct when not enough eyes are on him. He can't control himself and we are likely to reasonably follow his own advice that we should believe a woman if she comes forward with allegations of sexual misconduct. This should not even be a debate.

If you are implying that I am attempting to even the playing field for Trump you are wrong. I will not be voting for Trump (i did not the first time) and do not secretly consider him to be my dog in this race.

Quote:
Biden is not perfect and may even have committed criminal sexual assault 20 years ago (the evidence against him is not strong), but still there is no contest, and it's hard to imagine how there could be, regardless of whom the other party had put up to oppose Trump.

2 years, 5 years, 10 years, 20 years ago does not matter and should not matter when it comes to serious allegations like sexual misconduct. I am surprised you are trying to sanitize it by pleading to Father Time.
You are being severely unsympathetic here too. Women who have experienced sexual harassment and assault do not look at such egregious acts committed against them by marking days off a calendar. The trauma lives with them for the rest of their lives.

You are a reasonable man. I find it shocking that you are essentially saying "it was 20 years ago, so he's a better man than the guy who did it, oh, 10 years ago"
That reasoning can do nothing but minimize the words of future women who will bravely come forward to expose men like Biden.

Last edited by ant on Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:51 pm
Profile Email

Gold Contributor

Look at the second picture on the second row of KOS's post.

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO KISS MY SON ON THE LIPS LIKE THAT - EVER!

That is not some old fashion guy who doesn't know we are 20 years into the new millennium.

He looks like a dirty old man.

If any republican candidate would try just that one incident we'd never hear the last of it!

Last edited by ant on Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:57 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Masters

Biden Brain Freeze: Old Joe Loses His Train of Thought, Stumbles Through Roundtable Discussion with Mask Dangling From His Ear (VIDEO)
thegatewaypundit.com/2020/06/biden-brai ... ear-video/

In this clip Biden says, "He's going down to Texas on Juneteenth, right? The first major massacre, literally speaking, of the black Wall Street, right? Years ago." Look at the mask dangling from his ear. Look at the befuddlement. They should be calling 911 during this cerebral incident.

Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:17 pm
Profile Email

Gold Contributor

I have to say I saw that and it was embarrassing. It's gone too far.

He is in the beginning stages of dementia. It's too apparent now.

How could the democrats have forced this guy down the throats of their willfully blind sheep?

This just can't be.. I'm almost starting to believe that pushing this old dinosaur up to the podium is by design because no one can possibly be stupid enough to believe Biden is presidential material.

The democratic thugs could not have controlled Bernie Sanders. They could not have controlled Tulsi Gabbard (my candidate).

But whoever they really have in mind CAN control this cardboard layout.

Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:49 am
Profile Email
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next