• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 756 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:41 am

Coronavirus

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post

ant wrote:In other news:

I noticed that Amazon has removed reviews of hand sanitizers. Not that they're easy to order, but I've been monitoring the stock closely.

is this just what i'm seeing or wtf? They're used to be lots of reviews and the ingredients were also available to look at.
So are these hand sanitizers still available? Maybe reviews of hand sanitizer are too subjective to be of much value. Or Amazon discovered some fake reviews and deleted the whole bunch?

WHO recommends a minimum of 60 percent alcohol, so percentage of alcohol is relevant.
-Geo
Question everything
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

CDC recommends the use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers with greater than 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol as the preferred form of hand hygiene in healthcare settings, based upon greater access to hand sanitizer.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... tizer.html
There's the exact recommendation from CDC. (Keep spreading that info around. Some local yokel is actually recommending "Strong Acidic water of 2.5 PH" as a natural hand sanitizer. I've also seen it recommended as a mouthwash.)

Um....If the product meets the CDC criteria, what do you need a review for? Scent? Luxuriousness of the moisturizing additives? Splortiness of the plunger cachunker? "OMG glad I didn't order THAT one, the splorty factor is below average!"

Disclaimer: Just jokin around!
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

LanDroid wrote:
CDC recommends the use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers with greater than 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol as the preferred form of hand hygiene in healthcare settings, based upon greater access to hand sanitizer.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... tizer.html
There's the exact recommendation from CDC. (Keep spreading that info around. Some local yokel is actually recommending "Strong Acidic water of 2.5 PH" as a natural hand sanitizer. I've also seen it recommended as a mouthwash.)

Um....If the product meets the CDC criteria, what do you need a review for? Scent? Luxuriousness of the moisturizing additives? Splortiness of the plunger cachunker? "OMG glad I didn't order THAT one, the splorty factor is below average!"

Disclaimer: Just jokin around!

It was just a comment.. Something I found to be odd, that's all. And it's the listed ingredients (specifically the alcohol content) that I was interested in.
Makes sense a removal of the comments would be a good thing to do at a time like this, but the solution content? That used to be available to read but isn't as far as I can tell.

And I know what the CDC recommends. Thanks
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Let's all not forget this "preliminary" investigative analysis the WHO announced on January 14, 2020

Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel coronavirus identified in Wuhan China

https://nypost.com/2020/03/20/who-haunt ... ronavirus/

Frankly, China should never be used as a trusted source for anything so vitally important.

We can finger point all day, lads.. But now isn't really the time.
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

'I Think This Is The Beginning of The End of The Pandemic': Doc Claims Chloroquine Is Highly Effective
http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=61345

Half of what's reported about the pandemic by the mainstream media is BS. CBS tried to convince you that New York hospitals were overrun with patients. They showed footage of an emergency room in Italy and said it was New York:

CBS Fake News: Uses Footage Of Italian Emergency Room To Show Conditions In New York
https://lidblog.com/cbs-fake-news/

NBC and CNN did the same thing awhile back with a BS story about measles. They photoshopped a picture of a child to make it look like it had the disease:

Big government wants to force vaccines on you, and that should scare the hell out of you. Say no to the needle or say goodbye.

The people who own the world are trying to get as much mileage out of this pandemic as they can. We're going to see more pandemics in the future, and during each we'll lose a few more rights. In either this one or the next they'll do away with paper money. If you're scared enough to hide in your closet, then you'll be scared enough to hand over your cash. And you know, maybe those old paper books should be burned too:

Banknotes may be spreading coronavirus, WHO warns
daily-sun.com/post/466801/Banknotes-may ... -WHO-warns
(The World Health Organization is one of the most corrupt entities on the planet. Don't believe ANYTHING it says.)

In the video below a Canadian talks about the planned destruction of the middle class and small business.

CIVIL UNREST IS COMING As Retailers Board Up Their Shops! Get Ready For “ORDER OUT OF CHAOS”!
investmentwatchblog.com/civil-unrest-is ... -of-chaos/

The video's on target. Neither crony capitalism nor communism can tolerate competition from a robust middle class, so this PLANdemic is being used to destroy small competitors. First there was the shutdown of virtually all small business, and now there will be looting. Slash and burn.

Since the Shelter in Fear campaign is going so well, we'll probably be told to stop speaking in public:

CORONAVIRUS can spread just by talking to someone
thesun.co.uk/news/11168911/coronavirus- ... rse-ebola/

So are you going to STFU when you're standing with your toes on the line in the supermarket? If you give up your right to speak, then you deserve whatever else they impose on you.

A couple of days ago the weasel Dr. Fauci said that deaths in the US could range from 100k to 240k. This was after he told us that 2.2 million would die in agonizing pain. He said the new estimate could be in the lower range if we adhere to social distancing. They're trying to do some ass coverage here. The ChiCom germ isn't killing as many as they claimed it would in the beginning, so they'll need an explanation afterwards. The explanation will be that we all behaved in a suitably craven manner.

At some point each of us will have to draw a personal line. And then we'll have to demand that the drastic steps taken for the temporary crisis be rolled back. The snake Fauci is already saying that the ChiCom flu will be around forever, so I guess he envisions us living from now on standing in coffin-sized boxes taped out on the floors of stores. We're being flimflammed, people. The numbers they feed us are in constant flux so that they can keep us away from our jobs. The global banks are trying to crash the world's economy so that they can take possession of everything, including us. Don't let them do it. Boost your immune system and get back to your old life ASAP.

EDIT: Now that that's out of my system--masks. When I have to do dusty field work I use a bandanna as a mask. Fold it corner to corner, into a triangle, then tie the two ends together at the back of your head. The tip that's dangling can be knotted under the chin, to form a cup over it. A very effective, double-thickness mask. But the thing is, viruses tend to enter through the eye, mostly when people scratch them with their fingers. Or that's what my doctor told me years ago. He said that he goes from flu season to flu season without getting sick, and it's because he scratches his eyes with the back of his wrist. Good luck to everyone. This virus has an HIV component, and as with HIV, people aren't dying from the virus so much as from underlying illnesses. The body can fight just so much at once.
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

KS wrote:Boost your immune system and get back to your old life ASAP.
To anyone reading this thread, ignore this. Maintain social distancing.
KS wrote:CBS tried to convince you that New York hospitals were overrun with patients.

Why listen to the news when I have in-laws who work in the hospitals there? They hospitals are getting crushed. Stop trying to twist this into some delusional conspiracy.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Not good
(how accurate though?)

https://www.dailywire.com/news/china-be ... oronavirus

As a nation we need to seriously begin to isolate ourselves indefinitely from China - economically as well as physically (no flights to or from China)
Frankly, the entire international community needs to consider doing the same
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

Some of my previous Air Force colleagues are in the space field, specifically satellites. The deaths reported by China are not matching what our satellites see happening at their morgues, hospitals, crematoriums, etc. Our intelligence community has been very much aware of what's going on the entire time. China is hiding things from the media, but not our government. Our government was not blindsided by this. Factions of our government have been screaming for action since January, but they've been ignored.

We're lead by people who have so much arrogance that they think their beliefs will outweigh reality.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

Why would CBS lie? Out of habit?

The Chinese Communists definitely can't be trusted. They created the new virus out of SARS and HIV and no telling what else, and then when it got out of the lab they kept the news to themselves. They knew that if they shut down their country for containment it would send them into an economic depression. Rather than allow that, they let the virus spread around the world, so that ALL economies would suffer.

China needs to reimburse the world for what they did. Trillions of dollars of repayment. They won't, of course, so I wouldn't be surprised if their intransigence results in WW3. They have a big interest in Venezuela, and it looks as if the US might be making moves against the Maduro government there. Get rid of Maduro, seize the ChiCom assets. And then start seizing their assets in the rest of the Western Hemisphere.

Steve Bannon spoke some time ago about the Chinese people needing to throw out the thuggish Mao holdovers. Maybe the coronavirus will be the catalyst for action. Chinese citizens aren't too happy about what's happening right now. The first half of this interview is excellent (he repeats the info in the second half):

Steve Bannon: Pandemic! Coronavirus Is Out of Control In China
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlF0LcQO9Tg

It's been interesting in the US to watch the Democratic-controlled states resort to totalitarian lockdowns so quickly. And they push them to such absurd extremes.

Malibu Officials: Paddleboarder arrested at Malibu Pier for flouting state stay at home order
ktla.com/news/local-news/officials-padd ... ome-order/

I'm glad that Trump hasn't allowed himself to be bullied, thus far at least, into a national lockdown. He's leaving such decisions up to the states. And he announced today that he probably won't be wearing a mask. That's good. American presidents have a tradition of projecting strength and confidence.

Trump needs to fire his advisor Dr. Fauci. On January 21 Fauci said that America was under no threat from the virus. Ten days later Trump restricted travel from China. Now Fauci says Trump needs to do a shutdown of our economy. Fauci is either a ChiCom facilitator or unstable:

Fauci Love Letters to Hillary Clinton Surface...
theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/03/20 ... -surfaces/

And what can you say about Nancy Pelosi? On Jan 31 she called Trump's China restrictions unnecessary. A month later she was in San Francisco's Chinatown telling people to visit the restaurants there. Now she's accusing Trump of reacting slowly to the crisis.

Pelosi - Come to Chinatown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZBFUA0JjFk

Seattle, NY City, and Pelosi's San Francisco were the first 3 hotspots in the US. All three cities had large numbers of Chinese nationals returning to the US after celebrating Chinese New Years in the old country. Those cities should have been quarantined, but that was back when the Dems were calling Trump a racist for axing flights from China. Hopefully America has now had a craw full of leftist horseshit, and hotspots can be sealed off as they pop up. Do that, relax restrictions where the numbers are low, and begin the recovery.

What else?

Here are some new guidelines from the NVSS, the National Vital Statistics System. "COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused or is assumed to have caused or contributed to death." So now the virus will be mentioned on death certificates if it is ASSUMED to have CONTRIBUTED to a death. This will greatly inflate the virus death numbers that the media reports to us.
cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/coronavirus/Aler ... deaths.pdf

The Governor of Connecticut shamelessly tried to fudge the death numbers when a child died. “A 6-week-old newborn from the Hartford area was brought unresponsive to a hospital late last week and could not be revived. Testing confirmed last night that the newborn was COVID-19 positive.” OK, she was positive. But what did she die of? He didn't say. It's just fearmongering, to scare people into accepting dictatorship. Fortunately he got called on what he did. Candace Owens was so steamed that she said she decided to run for office. That's good news. She's super.

‘SCUM BEHAVIOR’: Candace Owens Unloads On Governor For Tweeting Newborn’s Death ‘Linked To COVID-19’
dailywire.com/news/scum-behavior-candac ... o-covid-19

Mike Weinberger: I'm Sick of Hearing About the Coronavirus
...even if it (the death toll) reaches 70,000 that’s still less than one person out of every five thousand. ... Do you know five thousand people? If not, the odds are you wouldn’t even know anyone who would have died from the virus. Again, that’s not to say the death of 70,000 people is something to ignore, but it is also not something that justifies wrecking the lives of 330,000,000....
...The important thing, when confronted with a problem that can take the life of one out of every 10,000, is to focus on the remaining 9,999 — not just the one. A herd of buffalo does not commit suicide if one member is taken by a pack of wolves, and we cannot commit national suicide because one American out of five or ten thousand is taken by this disease....
hideoutnow.com/2020/04/mike-weinberger- ... aring.html
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

KS wrote:Why would CBS lie? Out of habit?

Who cares? You're missing the point.

Trump needs to fire his advisor Dr. Fauci. On January 21 Fauci said that America was under no threat from the virus.
Maybe so, but that soundbite is obviously a flawed meme you soaked up from a far right site. You need to fire whoever is delivering you news, because it's rotting your brain.

Here's the rest of what Dr. Fauci said on January 21: "“Obviously, you need to take it seriously, and do the kinds of things that the CDC and the Department of Homeland Security are doing, ”

Regarding travel restrictions, the cat was already out of the bag. Read Nuzzo's speech from February 5th. Fauci and the rest of the experts followed the science and saw the growth patterns. They became wise to the math. Yet a month later, Trump was still saying it would go away like a miracle.

Return to “Science & Technology”