• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

April Harper - Broken Essentials

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
ElizabethNHarris
Eligible to vote in book polls!

April Harper - Broken Essentials

Unread post

April Harper took time out of her busy week to give an interview. Come and see what this busy mother of nine is up to!

Hi April, tell me a little about yourself for our readers!​

I served in the United States Army for 8 years. I am the proud wife and mother of nine children through a wonderful blended family. My family has made its home in Austin, Texas. I love reading- to date my favourite book is “The Hate you Give” by Angie Thomas. When I have time, I love shopping with my daughters- They are the best shopping partners, or I can be found curled up on the sofa alongside my son for “Law and Order marathons. Other than that, I devote a lot of my time working with families in the Austin area to find and secure affordable housing.​

I thought I had it bad with five children, I can't imagine how you're sane with nine! What got you into writing?

Writing is something that I have always done. As a child, I would write poems as a coping mechanism. As I got older, I found that I had stopped writing and focused on other things. One day, in conversation with one of my daughters, she expressed her difficulty with writer’s block. Now, I must say she is a brilliant writer, but her mom is not all that into the genre that she writes. I have always been a firm believer with my children that the best way to parent is to lead by example. So, I picked up the pen for the first time in years and we began writing together.

https://www.elizabethnharris.net/author ... week-april

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”