• In total there are 11 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 11 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

What are you currently reading?

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
AVonrad
Getting Comfortable

Re: What are you currently reading?

Unread post

How the Mind Works by Steven Pinker
rchapman1tewantin
All Star Member
Australia

Unread post

Just finished 'Becoming' by Michelle Obama. Very detailed insight into her life, including her time as First Lady. Recommended.
Rita Lee Chapman
Author of the Anna Davies Mystery Series
Winston - A Horse's Tale
Dangerous Liaisons,
The Poinciana Tree
The Unicorn Angel
My Very Naughty Pony
justeddy
Official Newbie!

Unread post

What Do You Get When You Mix Testosterone and History? This Book

I recently finished reading one of the manliest book ever and no it's not a romance book (BTW I like to read Romance novels too). The book is called The Way of The Conscious Warrior: A Handbook For 21 Century Men by P.T. Mistleberger. In a nutshell, P.T. talks about 21st-century men and how they act compare to back then. There are specifications to the types of men level he talks about, from being masculine to weak. The book is filled with war history, warriors from different cultures, and modern-day warriors. Also, this book has lots of guidance such as warrior qualities, masculine core, 8 essential men secrets, and more manly disciplinary. I personally believe this book is geared towards martial artist, those who seek self-discipline and are interested in war history.

Check out this website for the full review and many other more reviews-
https://www.upcomingbookreviews.com/201 ... u-mix.html
justeddy
Official Newbie!

Unread post

There’s an upcoming book called You Are Awesome by Neil Pasricha. It’s not released yet, but I’ve obtained an Advanced readers copy. I have to say this book is worth more than the price it's going for because the structure of this book is base on Neil’s life story, experiences he picked up, and his mother’s teachings. Now that’s priceless. There are so many things I’ve learned from Neil and it really helped me cope with self-improvement and many other aspects of my life. I also wrote a review on the book and if anyone is interested there’s a link below.

https://www.upcomingbookreviews.com/201 ... esome.html
rchapman1tewantin
All Star Member
Australia

Unread post

Just finished Becoming by Michelle Obama. Interesting and inspirational.
Rita Lee Chapman
Author of the Anna Davies Mystery Series
Winston - A Horse's Tale
Dangerous Liaisons,
The Poinciana Tree
The Unicorn Angel
My Very Naughty Pony
trishava
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Power of Women in our Sixties by Chris Vidal

Reading this book will give you a positive attitude to embracing your sixties, it will give you the confidence and inspiration to realise your potential.

In The Power of Women in Our Sixties, author Chris Vidal unlocks your power to decide who you want to be, where you want to go, what you want to accomplish, as well has how to make any important changes. Chris’s story, and the stories of other women in their sixties, will inspire you to connect with other like-minded women and make your sixties decade the best ever.
Frankstien
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

skybaron wrote:I'm currently reading a collection of poetry by Charles Bukowski - You Get Alone At Times That It Just Makes Sense.
Bukowski's poetry is excellent. I think that was his primary strength--if you want to take it one step over the edge, I highly recommend his collections of letters late 1950s-through the 60s, and into the early 70s: Screams From the Balcony. His unabashed letter writing style, where he bares all, is a cross between his prose--poetry--and insane rants of the highest order. I recommend it highly.

https://www.amazon.com/Screams-Balcony- ... 0876859147

"Our journey is entirely imaginary. That is its strength."
--Louis-Ferdinand Celine
ventori
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I love Kane And Abel. It is one of the best books I’ve read; filled with drama, an exciting plot and at a deeper level a thought provocation on understanding of effect of human valor and determination as well as egoism and misunderstandings on others around them.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

"Camino Island" by John Grisham. Unlike most of his books, this is a 'caper' novel, with varying viewpoints from several characters. Hint: It involves the theft of som rare manuscrits.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Alex Hugh
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Currently reading the firm by John Grisham

Return to “What are you currently reading?”