• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Some Notes on Evolution

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Re: Some Notes on Evolution

Unread post

Magus wrote:The universe literally exists within you, I mean literally. When you look out there into space where all the glowing lights are that you call stars, that is not where the universe is. The universe is literally inside of you waiting for you to explore it.
Whatever we see everyday in outer reality is actually nothing more than a projection of our own inner reality.
- Lama Yeshe
This knowledge should lead to predictions. To pick one example, the James Webb space telescope is scheduled to launch 3/30/21. It has ultra-sensitive infrared sensors that will detect objects that have moved beyond the range of visible light, red-shifted into infrared frequencies. The visible universe will be greatly expanded; we will be able to see much farther distances / much farther back in time than ever before.

Yet we can also look inward and find the same information through meditation. Please let us know - what will the James Webb telescope find?
Do you mind if we inform NASA?
Isaiah 1:15

But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
Exodus 21: 23 - 25
Magus
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

LanDroid wrote:This knowledge should lead to predictions. To pick one example, the James Webb space telescope is scheduled to launch 3/30/21. It has ultra-sensitive infrared sensors that will detect objects that have moved beyond the range of visible light, red-shifted into infrared frequencies. The visible universe will be greatly expanded; we will be able to see much farther distances / much farther back in time than ever before.

Yet we can also look inward and find the same information through meditation. Please let us know - what will the James Webb telescope find?
Do you mind if we inform NASA?
What it will find is irrelevant. Wherever you look, you and the universe will create something for you to see that's why everything here is a distraction from yourself. Some mystics will tell you that you must detach from the illusion, from the dream, but I see no problem in keeping your attention and your energy focused here if you're enjoying the drama, you have all of eternity to realize the deception here. My only point in posting in this thread is not to change anyone's belief, I want only to point out that ideas like evolution are a limiting belief that have been programmed into your unconscious and is effecting your reality in negative ways that you are not aware of. You should carefully take an inventory of every belief you hold and purge yourself of any limiting beliefs you have.

Why is evolution a limiting belief? Because it insinuates you as being a random worthless insignificant accident. Nothing could be farther from your truth you are special, irreplaceable, extraordinary, valued more than you could ever fathom. There are no accidents, no coincidences, a coincidence is merely a connection you have yet to make.

To be honest, just between us, I don't understand how anyone could ever look at the complexities of the world and believe all this happened by accident. Forget the odds that show that it's almost an impossibility for everything to be so precise to sustain life here. Forget cell complexity that shows that cells couldn't have possibly evolved because all parts of the cell must be functioning for the cell to live and they couldn't evolve one by one. Just open your eyes to the sheer magnificence of the world it is utterly stupendous, awesome, mysterious, unfathomable, beyond explanation, or comprehension. Your existence is a divine miracle that defies all logic, a supreme gift beystoed upon you for you to achieve amazing feats so great they may bring a tear to my eye, but it is up to you to choose to except this gift and make use of your full potential, or to deny what you are.
Check out my book on Amazon titled: Tales of Magic: A Magical Passage by Arthur Rich and Susan
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

Magus wrote:. . . Why is evolution a limiting belief? Because it insinuates you as being a random worthless insignificant accident. Nothing could be farther from your truth you are special, irreplaceable, extraordinary, valued more than you could ever fathom. There are no accidents, no coincidences, a coincidence is merely a connection you have yet to make.
Hi Magus, your words here reveal much. In your view, evolution can't be true because you don't like the idea of a cold, uncaring universe. It just doesn't sit right with you. There's a bit of anthropic bias going on here.

You’re certainly not alone in finding evolutionary theory to be counter-intuitive in that respect. Though ultimately in your zeal to jettison science and empirical fact, you have come to embrace solipsism, throwing out the baby with the bathwater, so to speak. For, if nothing exists outside your head, what is the point of posting your thoughts on an internet forum? Or for that matter be in any kind of relationship, since other people don’t actually exist? I believe that is the ultimate argument against solipsism by the way.

But anyway, evolution doesn't "insinuate" anything, certainly not the notion that human evolution is a "worthless insignificant accident?" The idea that nothing exists outside your brain is far more depressing and nihilistic in my view.
-Geo
Question everything
Magus
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

geo wrote: Hi Magus, your words here reveal much. In your view, evolution can't be true because you don't like the idea of a cold, uncaring universe. It just doesn't sit right with you. There's a bit of anthropic bias going on here.

You’re certainly not alone in finding evolutionary theory to be counter-intuitive in that respect. Though ultimately in your zeal to jettison science and empirical fact, you have come to embrace solipsism, throwing out the baby with the bathwater, so to speak. For, if nothing exists outside your head, what is the point of posting your thoughts on an internet forum? Or for that matter be in any kind of relationship, since other people don’t actually exist? I believe that is the ultimate argument against solipsism by the way.

But anyway, evolution doesn't "insinuate" anything, certainly not the notion that human evolution is a "worthless insignificant accident?" The idea that nothing exists outside your brain is far more depressing and nihilistic in my view.
It's not about the universe being cold or uncaring, I acknowledge the universe is predatory, but what your missing is that the universe is made up of conglomerate fields of conscious energy and thought is the creative force that underpins all creation and all the experiences had by man and woman.

To clarify I don't just dislike the idea of evolution and deny it based off of my dislike for the idea of it. It is just blatantly obvious that it's not true because everything is thought, conscious energy surrounded by infinity. People, however, believe many silly things that are not true, but I wouldn't bother to point that out to them because I don't concern myself with such trivial things. Evolution on the other hand, is not just wrong and trivial like all the other beliefs people have that are wrong and trivial, but Evolution is extremely damaging as a limiting belief and that is why I will take the time to point out Evolution over other false trivial beliefs.

Regarding what else you said, you obviously haven't been reading what I have previously said so I will just repost what I said before:
Magus wrote:I do not believe that I am the only one that exists or that you are a creation of my mind. Maybe I have been inferring too much in what I said earlier and have not been precise enough so I will break this down fully as I understand it. Source Consciousness is sending out its infinite emanations. We are glowing balls of conscious energetic awareness which is receiving these emanations that you call sensory data similar to the brain in a vat scenario. As we receive this sensory data from source we are processing the data through the filters of our beliefs. We then project that onto our walls of perception and experience those beliefs as reality. This is why there are ancient terms like: As you believe so shall you perceive.

If thought is the creative force in the universe, and it is, then it would reason that your beliefs would shape and mold reality according to your beliefs as you exercise thought to create and thus you have just stumbled upon another ancient teaching, The Triune God.
The Mind, the body, and the spirit. The father, the son, and the holy ghost. Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva. Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

The spirit contains the mind, and the mind gives birth to the body. The ancients were teaching you the fundamentals about how creation works and all life operates.

What you believe is an integral part of creation, now you are starting to understand why what you believe is so important. This is why dark insidious forces are at work to control your beliefs and give you a false world view about what is really going on on this planet. You may call it a conspiracy if you like, but conspiracy theorist is a term they coined to label anyone who spreads truth they don't want you to remember. You believe you are so insignificant that nobody would care what you think, but the exact opposite is true. You are such an important powerful creative being that there is literally a war for your mind that your not even aware of and your fed false world beliefs like evolution constantly to keep you confused about what and who you are so you don't realize your true power and utilize it.

The other souls that you experience here are just as real as you, and they are doing the same thing as you. Just as you are at the center of your reality creating it, they are at the center of theirs creating theirs. When the two of you come together there is a telepathic merging of your realities, just as our realities are merging now in the form of this conversation where we are sharing ideas. The reason that people's realities appear to be similar is because at the base of reality is the fundamental emanations that we are all receiving from source. It is also possible to begin to tap into different emanations and start to perceive realities vastly different from quote "normal perception" and some have used hallucinogenic power plants to aid them to achieve this, but you can also do so through meditation alone.

You are not 4 billion people on a ball randomly accidentally evolving. You are an extremely powerful energetic consciousness which is creating your subjective reality sharing your creation with others that are doing the same thing. The way you treat these others is extremely important and you should have compassion for all living things because we are all intricately connected.
Check out my book on Amazon titled: Tales of Magic: A Magical Passage by Arthur Rich and Susan
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Australia

Unread post

Is God a Necessary Hypothesis?

For science, matter alone carries information, and concepts such as a ‘life force’ have no evidentiary content. Therefore the theory of evolution explains genetic causation in ways that are only confused by the supernatural religious postulate of an intentional purposeful creator being, God, whose information is imagined as purely spiritual. For the materialist paradigm of modern science, God is entirely an unnecessary hypothesis, considered in these physical terms.

And yet, the concept of God has deep cultural traction, providing a framework upon which the entirety of Western religious culture and morality is hung. Looking at God in the philosophical approach of asking what the language refers to, it appears the actual referent is entirely different from what is imagined.

God can be postulated as the aspects of the universe that are conducive to human flourishing. If belief in God enables us to flourish, in a stable, durable and fecund way, then such a God can be defined as those features of reality that enable such flourishing, and by definition is good. Of course, the converse also applies, that if belief in God does not cause flourishing, then that imagined God is by definition not good.

The psychological trick played by religion is to imagine an intentional coordination of this adaptive evolutionary framework by a personal God, imagined in Christianity as God the Father. This mythological psychology is clearly highly attractive, in view of the pervasive reach of belief in God.

The paradox is that God is a construction, an imaginative fiction, whose social power depends largely on the false belief that the construction is actually a description of a real entity. The key switch occurs when inert material processes are imagined as having supernatural intentional power, when the natural ordering power governing the cosmos is thought to have the capacity to make deliberate decisions and to display coherent intelligence.

Mythology therefore holds a central role in psychology. The emotional comfort of religion serves psychologically to impart mythological life and wisdom and grace to natural processes that are not in any way conscious or living, imagining events as reflecting the mercy or wrath of a divine creator. The evolutionary challenge for atheism is to recognize the adaptive efficacy of religious mythology, how religion can serve to coordinate society for moral purposes through shared beliefs.

The empirical question regarding adaptivity of religion is whether a religious society is better than an irreligious society, and how much of the empirically false content of religious myth can serve an enduring valid social purpose. For example, believing that Jesus Christ was the best person ever is factually untrue if he was invented as fiction. Yet this belief can have good ethical impact, both among those who believe it literally and among more educated people who see the Gospels as an entirely symbolic story.

In evolutionary terms, adaptation is always cumulative, constantly tweaking past systems that were effective, but can become more productive, robust and complex through minor changes. Circumstances of catastrophic destruction require evolution to start again from scratch, replacing complexity with simplicity. So the evolutionary challenge regarding religion is to identify aspects of religious practice that serve as complex adaptive precedents for current requirements for human flourishing. That may include elements of belief in the sacred that the secular world now largely rejects and bundles with obsolete false teachings.
Last edited by Robert Tulip on Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
United States of America

Unread post

Magus wrote:Your talking about many vast systems that are extremely complex that could not possibly have happened by random chance.
...Why is evolution a limiting belief? Because it insinuates you as being a random worthless insignificant accident.
...You are not 4 billion people on a ball randomly accidentally evolving.
I recall you stated early on that you don't believe in evolution because it doesn't make any sense. However the statements above indicate you misunderstand the process. Evolution is not based on randomness, chance, or accident. It is a two step process.
  1. Evolution is a process that results in changes in the genetic material (a change in allele frequencies) of a population over time. There is an element of chance involved in mutations that are generated, but that is constrained by the genome that exists.
  2. Organisms with these changes in genetic material interact with the environment. Changes that are favorable survive and reproduce, passing improvements on to future generations. Mutations that are not favorable die out. This eliminates the element of randomness, chance, or accident.
Magus
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

LanDroid wrote: I recall you stated early on that you don't believe in evolution because it doesn't make any sense. However the statements above indicate you misunderstand the process. Evolution is not based on randomness, chance, or accident. It is a two step process.
Evolution is a process that results in changes in the genetic material (a change in allele frequencies) of a population over time. There is an element of chance involved in mutations that are generated, but that is constrained by the genome that exists.
Organisms with these changes in genetic material interact with the environment. Changes that are favorable survive and reproduce, passing improvements on to future generations. Mutations that are not favorable die out. This eliminates the element of randomness, chance, or accident.
I see what you mean LanDroid, I was mostly thinking about how random mutations supposedly occur some of which "survive." That would mean a lot of what you are was by accident even if there was some order to how the evolutionary process made improvements. Though if you continue with the thought process of evolution further most people that believe in evolution also believe that life started by random accident. In the past it was that lightning struck some puddle and magically created life (spontaneous generation), while today most people just don't think about it at all they evade the questions science can't answer believing in something like panspermia which doesn't address the core issue.

The reason I say that evolution doesn't make sense is because how can something randomly evolve parts that require other parts to be functional? If your looking for a logical scientific disprover than I think cell complexity is very good to show how it doesn't make sense, but lets look at an even simpler example of a bodily system. How does the heart evolve to pump blood, if you have no blood, and no veins... The three parts, heart, blood, and veins, must come into existence at the same time. Whoop, and let's not forget that the Brain stem controls the heart and the vessels which the heart relies upon for survival adding an impossible symbiosis to explain by evolution.

And that example with the heart is just a very simple system which is actually more complex than I lead it on to be, but there are systems so vastly complex inside organism that evolution falls apart when you begin to scrutinize.

That was all just an appeal to your scientific logical side, but the main reason you should know that evolution is a fraud is because we are living in a universe created by thought, conscious energy.

You want proof of my claims you say. Well, it just so happens I know this to be true from not only my studies, but from my personal experience in meditation, energetic practices, and shamanic psychedelic trips. Now of course I don't expect my personal experiences to be proof to you so I will offer you this:

You agree that every night when you dream your dreams are a creation of your thought, and yet when you are dreaming the worlds you experience seem just as real and solid as the one we are experiencing now. If those worlds can be created by thought there is no logical reason to assume that this one can't be. In fact when you get into the occult esoteric teaching they teach that what you consider to be "the real reality" this reality we are experiencing now is actually the dream. And the realities you experience while dreaming are the quote "real" ones and this is absolutely true. This is why most people today are spiritually asleep! This is why telling someone to WAKE UP is common, but people don't really know what it actually means.

The dreamer and the dreamed, for some fun I will leave you with a little parable that I very much enjoy:
Zhuangzi wrote:"Once upon a time, I, Zhuangzi, dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of my happiness as a butterfly, unaware that I was Zhuangzi. Soon I awakened, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man. Between a man and a butterfly there is necessarily a distinction. The transition is called the transformation of material things."
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
United States of America

Unread post

I was mostly thinking about how random mutations supposedly occur some of which "survive." That would mean a lot of what you are was by accident even if there was some order to how the evolutionary process made improvements.
Yes that is a common misunderstanding. The interaction with the environment eliminates chance or randomness; what improves fitness for survival passes down to future generations.
How does the heart evolve to pump blood, if you have no blood, and no veins... The three parts, heart, blood, and veins, must come into existence at the same time. Whoop, and let's not forget that the Brain stem controls the heart and the vessels which the heart relies upon for survival adding an impossible symbiosis to explain by evolution.
You brought up this line of argument before in misquoting Darwin. You said he could not explain the evolution of the eye. But a fuller context of his quote that was provided indicates he thought it was possible to evolve from simple dark / light sensors into ever more complicated organs as visual acuity conferred a survival advantage. Similar processes evolving from simple systems to currently complex systems explain many of your questions. But if you are unwilling to look into them, you will just keep repeating the same misconceptions.

I am interested in drawing you out on your experiences of the Intelligence behind the Universe. Can you give any specific truths you have learned? Preferably something more detailed than "we are all interconnected."
Magus
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

LanDroid wrote:Yes that is a common misunderstanding. The interaction with the environment eliminates chance or randomness; what improves fitness for survival passes down to future generations.
I wouldn't really say that it eliminates chance and randomness, it just sort of refines it.
LanDroid wrote:You brought up this line of argument before in misquoting Darwin. You said he could not explain the evolution of the eye. But a fuller context of his quote that was provided indicates he thought it was possible to evolve from simple dark / light sensors into ever more complicated organs as visual acuity conferred a survival advantage. Similar processes evolving from simple systems to currently complex systems explain many of your questions. But if you are unwilling to look into them, you will just keep repeating the same misconceptions.
Well it's not really that I am unwilling to look into them, I have looked into it, I just don't believe it. Like with the heart, blood, veins, and brain example I gave I'm sure the evolutionists would make something up like in the past the multicell organisms had some goo inside and a heart and veins slowly evolved over time to start pushing that goo around. Any explanation they give is just conjecture because the undeniable fact is that none of it has ever been observed. Scientists literally sit around and think up possible explanations for flaws in their theories. The problem with having a think tank of scientists thinking up possible explanations for flaws in their theories is that just because you can think up an explanation for how complex systems could evolve that doesn't make it true it just means that you can argue it and bash children on the head with it in schools.

I want to get you thinking about this in a different way, do you believe that an artificial machine with artificial consciousness could randomly and accidentally come into existence and evolve? Of course it would start out as just a single nanoprobe type thing resembling a cell and over time it would evolve into more. Do you think something like this is at all possible?
LanDroid wrote: I am interested in drawing you out on your experiences of the Intelligence behind the Universe. Can you give any specific truths you have learned? Preferably something more detailed than "we are all interconnected."
MMMMM specific truths about the intelligence behind the universe. Alright, everything is a creation of the great universal mind of source consciousness. Your individual perspective is so unique that it is cherished and revered. You are literally source consciousness experiencing the unique perspective that we on this forum call "LanDroid". To achieve this source had to create a perceived "separation" from the whole of itself, but that separation is what creates the illusion of reality.

From my understanding of source, unlike what most religions teach, source consciousness did not create your reality (your world), nor does it interfere in anyone's life because it respects your perspective far too much to ever do that. You are solely responsible for creating your reality and everything you have ever experienced or will experience. Instead of praying to something that is outside yourself you should look inward and you will find that you have the power to create any reality for yourself that you could ever want. There is no judgement that is foolish, source consciousness is a collector of experiences and it does not value one experience over another. To put it another way that's not so confusing, you were allowed to borrow the energy of source consciousness so that you might create a new experience for source, and eventually at some point source will withdraw all it's energy back into itself expanding its awareness from all of our experiences which we have given it.

Does this sound familiar? After it withdraws all its energy back in to expand its awareness it then repeats the process sending it's energy back out creating what you call another "big bang."

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”