• In total there are 39 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 39 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Homo sapiens & Homo deus - Yuval Noah Harari (book discussion)

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
IBstudentMoksu
Getting Comfortable

Homo sapiens & Homo deus - Yuval Noah Harari (book discussion)

Unread post

Greeting from Finland.
I came here to discuss books and I am posting my first post about Yuval Noah Harari's two books: Homo Sapiens & Homo Deus.
homo Deus
Now I will give my opinion about the books. After that - if you have read the said two books - I would appreciate if you would tell your opinions. I think that is important to mention that I will not spoil any of the parts about the books (bc I know how frustrating it might be when there comes spoilers).

My opinion :

The books themselves are written with plenty of factual information and interesting perspectives to look at things.
Both of these books gave me a lot of information about us as a species, as homo sapiens, and the world that we live in.
These books were both so interesting that I had a hard time to let go of them from my hands. I would almost instantly grave for more fascinating information written by this talented writer. Yuval Noah Harari has a certain writing style that made it easy and pleasant to consume information out of those books. These two books, in my opinion, are not heavy reads as non-academical books, but some people might think that a few sections are harder to understand than others.

Now I would like to know what you think of these books. Did you love them? Hate them? and why? What kind of ideas did you get from these books?

Here are my other social media accounts :
- Goodreads: Mona Turtiainen
-Instagram: turtiainenmona
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Re: Homo sapiens & Homo deus - Yuval Noah Harari (book discussion)

Unread post

:welcome:

Last year Booktalk discussed Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind - by Yuval Noah Harari. Check out our discussion and see what you think...

sapiens-a-brief-history-of-humankind-by ... -f279.html

Return to “Science & Technology”