• In total there are 36 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 35 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

173 Declared Democratic Presidential Candidates

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Re: 173 Declared Democratic Presidential Candidates

Unread post

Trump wants the US to buy Greenland. That is so...freaking...brilliant.
Cockamamie, more like. Arrogant as hell, too. This president has little idea how to effectively approach the many problems facing the U.S. and world, so he tries to shift to new, and absurd, ground to distract from his incompetence. If the public happened to be polled on this "proposal," the favorables would be in low single digits. Even Trump diehards would laugh this off as Trump being Trump. Such flourishes of his are part of his charm, for his base. But the base doesn't take him seriously on everything.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

DWill wrote:
Trump wants the US to buy Greenland. That is so...freaking...brilliant.
Cockamamie, more like. Arrogant as hell, too. This president has little idea how to effectively approach the many problems facing the U.S. and world, so he tries to shift to new, and absurd, ground to distract from his incompetence. If the public happened to be polled on this "proposal," the favorables would be in low single digits. Even Trump diehards would laugh this off as Trump being Trump. Such flourishes of his are part of his charm, for his base. But the base doesn't take him seriously on everything.
If Trump could secure a big fat loan from Deutsche Bank and buy Greenland, then default on the loan, as he has done several times before, he can then give Greenland to America as a parting gift when his term ends (hopefully sooner than later).
-Geo
Question everything
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

What's the estimated price tag I saw for Greenland $1.7 Trillion? It's almost like Trump admits "F-it I cannot get infrastructure done for the USA - I give up - let's spend it all on Greenland!"

:btw: Has anyone made sure Trump understands Greenland is the icy one and Iceland is the green one? :shock:
Isaiah 1:15

But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
Exodus 21: 23 - 25
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

KindaSkolarly wrote:. . . She's telling us that something bad is coming, economically. Well, duh. You can't run up debt forever and expect to avoid the bill. The Dems and their 90% ownership of the news media are suddenly saying that we're headed for hard times and Trump's to blame.
Well, certainly Trump is not going to accept responsibility if the economy goes south. He's already blaming the Fed for not cutting interest rates fast enough. He blames the leftist media too for reporting the facts that there are indicators of a recession coming. If you cut interest rates now when the economy is "doing great", what will happen when we do go into a recession? Maybe Harry can explain some of this economic stuff for us.

But recall how Trump was crying "rigged election" even before he was elected president. He will blame everybody and everything when the shit hits the fan. He would throw his own grandmother under the bus to save face. His tariff war didn't work out as he planned, but then he went about it in unilateral fashion, much the same that George W. got us into the Iraq War. He's doing Putin's bidding even without realizing it. What a big dope he is.
-Geo
Question everything
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

My favorite recent incident from the campaign. Fascist New York City mayor Bill DeBlasio phoned his speech in. I mean, what could go wrong? Hilarious. Short video:

De Blasio’s Campaign Implosion Continues As His Iowa Audio Goes Terribly Wrong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Clk7fA5A9AE

It looks like a couple of people may challenge Trump for the Republican nomination, and that's good. In a two-party system ANY expanded choice of candidates is good.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

KindaSkolarly wrote:My favorite recent incident from the campaign. Fascist New York City mayor Bill DeBlasio phoned his speech in. I mean, what could go wrong? Hilarious. Short video:

De Blasio’s Campaign Implosion Continues As His Iowa Audio Goes Terribly Wrong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Clk7fA5A9AE
Heavy on schadenfreude, aren't you?
It looks like a couple of people may challenge Trump for the Republican nomination, and that's good. In a two-party system ANY expanded choice of candidates is good.
Indeed it is good, better if Kasich also decides to get in. One of the problems with the Democrats in 2016 was the extent to which the party weighted the scales for Clinton, with the result that there weren't as many challenging her from the center as there should have been, and the main (leftist) challenger was discriminated against. Now of course we have the Republicans all but rebranding themselves as the party of Trump. But maybe, just maybe, the rank and file will defy the elites once it gets a taste of what sane party leadership could once again be. Am I dreaming?
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

Unfortunately I suspect DWill is dreaming. The only thing that will move the GOP away from Trump now is another electoral defeat, one so bad they say, "Whew! Aaall riiiighty then, let's NEVER do THAT again!"

In a way, I think America got lucky with Trump. His self-worship, pathological lying, corruption, inability to learn, bullying, bluster & retreat negotiations, and adolescent maturity make it difficult to take him seriously. Yes he won, but several experts on fascism state Trump is a proto-Fascist, more of a kleptocrat, not the real deal, but possibly opening the door to The Beast. Look at the sycophancy that Trump has engineered with his base (80% of GOP) and it's not too difficult to imagine what a sophisticated, charismatic, more violent yet sane Fascist could accomplish. Somewhere in America's future The Beast lurks. I used to think that, but if Trump wins a 2nd term, he could morph into a crude version of The Beast. America must send a message in 2020. "Let's NEVER do THAT again!"

#BlueNoMatterWho
Isaiah 1:15

But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
Exodus 21: 23 - 25
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

Biden’s eye fills with BLOOD as he defends fossil fuel ties at climate forum
rt.com/usa/468063-biden-eye-bloody-clim ... te-change/

Damn!

The Craziest Things Said at the CNN Climate Town Hall
breitbart.com/2020-election/2019/09/05/ ... town-hall/

The carbon tax has been around forever. Huckster Al Gore and his banking cronies want to tax you for emitting carbon dioxide--for breathing. Decades ago they said it was necessary because of global cooling, then global warming, then climate change, and now it's "climate crisis."

In Search Of... The Coming Ice Age (1978)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPpXHX-Tu5U

The Democratic party also says that white people are racist, even though white people elected Barack Obama president. Twice.

Their lies have grown so outrageous that their candidates' eyes explode.
Last edited by KindaSkolarly on Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

KindaSkolarly wrote:
The carbon tax has been around forever. Huckster Al Gore and his banking cronies want to tax you for emitting carbon dioxide--for breathing.
No, no tax for breathing has been proposed by anyone for any reason. A carbon tax would probably be set to be revenue neutral by refunding the income in the form of relief on other taxes. The idea is not to bring in revenue but to give the Mighty Market incentive to find better methods of heating, cooling and moving us around. All those new economy jobs would do wonders for working people, and maybe even bring back some of the manufacturing lost during the administration of Dear Leader.
KindaSkolarly wrote:Decades ago they said it was necessary because of global cooling, then global warming, then climate change, and now it's "climate crisis."
Nobody with any attention span takes this seriously. The Greenhouse Effect, and the attendant rising temperatures, melting at the poles, ocean acidification, and fingerprint effects that are not plausibly caused by anything else, are not speculation by "they" but verifiable scientific fact. This is not something a few scientists thought maybe we should look into, this is a forecasted, carefully studied, verified over-and-over fact of modern life. The insurance companies have no doubt, the Armed Forces have no doubt, even the study commissioned by the Koch Brothers showed it was true.
KindaSkolarly wrote:The Democratic party also says that white people are racist, even though white people elected Barack Obama president. Twice.
News flash! African-Americans are also, by and large, subject to the system which assigns higher status to white people. On the other hand, it is obvious to them that we should resist this psychological miasma, as it is to many (but perhaps not most) white people. Enough were anti-racist (not mutually exclusive with being influenced by racism) to elect Barack Obama, and that is a triumph of civilization over tribalism.

Dear Leader seems to believe that his appeals to xenophobic racism will help him be re-elected. His political advisors have already caught on that his low approval ratings, as low as any president ever has had with a strong economy like this, I am guessing, signal that his approval is down to bedrock base, and his only hope is that the trade war with China still looks promising in a year, because the steel tariffs alone are not going to bring back the Obama-Trump voters in Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania on the basis of hopes for a wall. More likely, from his really foolish way of pursuing it, we will be an a recession by then. If unemployment hits 8 percent he will be impeached and convicted. If not, they had better hope it stays under 5 percent because otherwise he and his party will join Sam Brownback on the scrapheap of history.
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

That's a well-washed brain you have there, Mr. Marks, but I note some backup. Here's a fine piece of cEnema to help blow the crap out of your thinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlIjMJBSnRE&t=5s

After the unmitigated disaster of the Climate Change Town Hall forum for the Democratic candidates, CNN has decided to double down on its failure by focusing on LGB issues during the next Town Hall. All of the leading loons will get to trot out their perverse views on sex for the voters, and CNN will set new records for low viewership. Maybe Biden's whole head will explode next time, instead of just his eyeball.

Return to “Current Events & History”