• In total there are 19 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 19 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

My book: Findagroov™ Reviews The Songs Of... George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
Findagroov
Official Newbie!

My book: Findagroov™ Reviews The Songs Of... George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic

Unread post

This one is for music lovers - in particular, the soul music and funkateers out there.

Findagroov™ Reviews The Songs Of... is a new series in which I review the entire discography of a classic soul, funk, or R&B artist in an essay-style form. What makes this book series different that other music review books is this one tackles the artist's discography song by song, as opposed to album by album. Hence, the book gives the reader a full discussion of each individual recorded song by the artist from the very first recorded song to the artist's most recent (or final if the artist is deceased or no longer making music) song release, all in chronological order.

This book, which was just published on Amazon in late April, 2019, features the songs of George Clinton and Parliament-Funkadelic and covers everything from 1958's Poor Willie to the songs on the 2018 Parliament album Medicaid Fraud Dawg. It features songs credited to The Parliaments, The Funkadelic, Parliament, Funkadelic, George Clinton, and P-Funk All Stars. Additionally, it also features songs by other artists in which George and/or P-Funk appear on as guest artists.

The book examines each song in terms of the message in its lyrics, its cultural significance at the time of recording where applicable, how it measures up in today's society, and so forth. Whether you agree with the reviews and discussions of the songs or not, you are bound to find plenty of information to keep you engaged.

The book is available at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R8HY8BF/ for $5.99 as an e-book. If you do pick up a copy, feel free to review the book with your feedback and tell your friends.
Attachments
Book cover for Findagroov™ Reviews The Songs Of... George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic by Tony Madison II
Book cover for Findagroov™ Reviews The Songs Of... George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic by Tony Madison II
2019-findagroov-book-small.jpg (89.76 KiB) Viewed 1525 times
bob717
Getting Comfortable

Re: My book: Findagroov™ Reviews The Songs Of... George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic

Unread post

... is a new series in which I review the entire discography of a classic soul, funk, or R&B artist in an essay-style form.
Thanks for sharing, a friend of mine could get it and he leaves only positive reviews about it.

Essay style forms in such books for me is the best choice. It's not so easy to fin such books, by the way.
Findagroov
Official Newbie!

Re: My book: Findagroov™ Reviews The Songs Of... George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic

Unread post

Hi Bob717

Thanks for the kind words - glad you and your friend like the book. It was definitely a labor of love to write. Take care.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”