Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:11 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
a Pride and Prejudice story featuring Charlotte Lucas and Mr. Collins 
Official Newbie!

a Pride and Prejudice story featuring Charlotte Lucas and Mr. Collins
Hello all! If you are a fan of Jane Austen, I hope you will enjoy my book, "Marriage and Ministry: a Pride and Prejudice Novel".

Synopsis:
Charlotte Lucas had all but given up hope of ever marrying, but her fortunes change when she meets a young minister with a benefactor and fine prospects. William Collins came to Hertfordshire with the express intention of finding a wife, but when his first choice spurns him, he quickly transfers his affection to the lady’s best friend, Charlotte. Their whirlwind courtship appears to lead only to a marriage of convenience and superficial admiration, but beneath the surface, a deeper connection grows between them. Just as their true feelings begin to manifest, Charlotte and William find their marriage thrown into tumult when Charlotte’s efforts to redeem a group of fallen women splits their parish community. Will this threaten William’s position as rector of Hunsford Parish and the happiness that William and Charlotte have found together?

You can buy it on Amazonamazon.com/Marriage-Ministry-Pride-Prej ... amp;sr=8-2

I've always felt that Charlotte Lucas and Mr. Collins were two of the most under-appreciated characters in Pride and Prejudice. Mr. Collins is depicted as very one-dimensional; foolish, pompous, and boring. Charlotte, despite undertaking the office of Elizabeth's best friend, comes off in her calculated marriage as mercenary and unromantic. I wanted to take the opportunity to show other sides of them as well, giving the reader a sense of the heart behind each character and offer meaning to their motives for marrying. I also wanted to explore the idea that a marriage of convenience can develop into true love over time. Alongside this, I've introduced a cast of new characters: four prostitute women that Charlotte befriends. Her mission to help them break from their lifestyle and overcome society's constraints to claim independence for themselves is the central plot of the second half of the book. She faces opposition from Lady Catherine, who fears her daughter being influenced by these immoral women and who feels that it is inappropriate for the minister's wife to be associating with them. Lady Catherine threatens to remove Mr. Collins from his position as rector if he cannot control his wife's behavior. This leads to conflict between Mr. Collins and Charlotte. Mr. Collins, who, in his shallow way of thinking values his own comfort above that of others, cannot understand why his wife would put her ministry to the prostitutes above their own happiness. and comfortable situation Charlotte, on the other hand, is willing to risk everything to save her new friends from their wicked employer, Cassius Bartleby. The town itself turns against the Collinses for upsetting the order of society, some of them following Lady Catherine's example of judgement and shunning, and others unwilling to see the tavern and brothel be closed down, for fear of losing their favorite vices. At the heart of the story, I explore what it means to show true compassion and love, to overcome evil for the sake of good, and the joys that a changed life brings. I hope that you will enjoy reading my story as much as I have enjoyed writing it.

-Amanda Kai

Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:11 pm
Profile Email
Official Newbie!

Post Re: a Pride and Prejudice story featuring Charlotte Lucas and Mr. Collins
"Marriage and Ministry: a Pride and Prejudice Novel", eBook edition ⭐️ON SALE $0.99/£0.99 ⭐️ NOW THUR 8/9. (Amazon UK and US ) Paperback edition now available also, $12.99/£10.39. For a limited time, buy the paperback, get the eBook for FREE!

Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:12 pm
Profile Email
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.