• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 736 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:38 am

The battle of the broken mind: A symbolic story about the fight against mental problems

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
PBLindberg
Official Newbie!

The battle of the broken mind: A symbolic story about the fight against mental problems

Unread post

The battle of the broken mind

Hi writers and readers!

My name is P.B.Lindberg and I wanted to tell you about my soon to be published book!

I'm going to tell you the basic story and some interesting things from behind the scenes!

The story

The story follows a young woman called Ava, who suffers from mental problems like grief, fear, and hatred. These things have been with her since she was ten years old, and they have slowly chained her, frozen her and making it impossible for her to enjoy her life.
Everything changes, though when she meets a man called Dc. Saul. Saul’s a therapist who promises to help Ava, but his help is something completely different from conventional therapy. He sends Ava into her mind, to a lucid dream kind of state, where she meets the Embodiments of her mental problems.
Grief, Fear, and Hatred all stand before her, and she has to pick up the sword and fight against them. She has to free herself so she could truly live her life. She has to free herself, so she could finally confess her feelings, to the man she loves.

A couple of words from me, the author

Mental problems like depression are real things and must be fought against. The process of freeing yourself from the cold grip of depression is not just a snap of the fingers. It's a fight and a huge struggle but in the end its worth it. I wanted to comfort people with this story. I wanted to tell them that they can fight against their mental problems. That they can one day be free.
That's the heart of my story and I hope it can give hope to many. The story involves heavy symbolism and metaphoric parts, but I believe that even if you don't catch those, you can still enjoy the story like all others. :wink:

The story is also personal. I took a lot of inspiration from my own life and some of the characters represent one part of me. I know what it's like to swim in the dark depths, but I've channeled my pain into writing and I'm happy about it. Creative work cures and heals. Publishing a book has been a long time dream of mine and seeing it finally happen makes me feel so... amazed and touched.

I hope that many people find comfort in this story and feel good after reading it. I've now started my path as an author and I will never stop improving. I'm always open for feedback!

If you got interested about this story, you can follow the book's publishing process on my website and on social media! :-D

Follow me on Twitter
Check out my website

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”