• In total there are 12 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 12 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

The CF Warrior Project: 65 Stories of Triumph Against Cystic Fibrosis

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
andylipman1
Official Newbie!

The CF Warrior Project: 65 Stories of Triumph Against Cystic Fibrosis

Unread post

My new book is called The CF Warrior Project: 65 Stories of Triumph Against Cystic Fibrosis. I interviewed people all over the world with cystic fibrosis and found some truly amazing, inspiring stories from survivors who have conquered Mount Everest; become a circus acrobat; received a lung transplant and ran a marathon a year later; and secured approval of breakthrough CF drugs in his country. These people, from teenagers to septuagenarians, have accomplished amazing things. Each story has its own merits, but the common theme among them is how these CF heroes maintain positive attitudes despite the challenges of their disease.

The CF Warrior Project celebrates people who persevere and live life the fullest every day even though they have a terminal, invisible disease.

https://www.cfwarriorproject.org
Andy Lipman
#cfwarriorproject
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Re: The CF Warrior Project: 65 Stories of Triumph Against Cystic Fibrosis

Unread post

What an amazing project! Incredible progress has been made against this evil disease. A classmate of mine had CF and died in the 6th grade. At that time, around 1967, he had lived an unusually long time.

I haven't read Alex: The Life of a Child by eminent sports writer Frank Deford, but saw the movie based on it. Alexandra died at age 8 in 1980. Heart-crushing...

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”