• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

What are you currently reading?

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Justreadit28
Official Newbie!

Re: What are you currently reading?

Unread post

On The Come Up by Angie Thomas
vizitelly
Finally Comfortable

Unread post

'Reporter - Seymour Hersh.
ellisacoy
Master Debater

Unread post

I always look forward to answering this question. It is my usual ice breaker when i meet somebody and if i have to think of someone as interesting, chances are that they are flipping through or reading a book.

Currently, I am reading The Thing Around Your Neck by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. I had read Americanah and thought she was so adept at her skill for capturing contradictions and complexities in prose. But, now, having read her short stories, I do think she excels at this form more than the novel.

I am also doing a survey of articles and papers, especially written by students, on abortion to understand what the younger generation is thinking about the pro choice vs pro life debate. It helps me research for my next project. Simultaneously, I am also reading the medical memoir When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi. It is absolutely moving and a wonderful point where the treated and treating meet.
ellisacoy
Master Debater

Unread post

_neon wrote:I've just finished Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Why I didn't read it when I was a child? Anyway now I know what my children will read if they behave naughtily.
Hahahaha! What a sweet retribution your kids will have to pay :)
bibimbea
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I just finished reading Every Exquisite Thing and I loved it! Weote a review https://bibimbea.com/every-exquisite-thing-a-review/

My second favorite book of all time :)
rchapman1tewantin
All Star Member
Australia

Unread post

Just finished Even The Dead Are Coming by Mike Robbins which is the story of his time in the Sudan during the 1980's. It has been an invaluable source of research for me for my next book as it documents the conditions, his feelings and experiences during his time there.
Rita Lee Chapman
Author of the Anna Davies Mystery Series
Winston - A Horse's Tale
Dangerous Liaisons,
The Poinciana Tree
The Unicorn Angel
My Very Naughty Pony
ellisacoy
Master Debater

Unread post

I actually am reading something i don't conventionally pick up. It is Amy Poehler's book called Yes Please. Its interesting.
Saffron

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I can has reading?
United States of America

Unread post

I am reading 2 books, one non and one fiction: Mama's Last Hug: Animal Emotions and what they tell us about ourselves by Frans de Waal and Ragged Edge of Night by Oliva Hawker. I always enjoy reading de Wall.
vizitelly
Finally Comfortable

Unread post

A compendium of I.F Stone's Weekly, published in Penguin.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

"Titan" (a biography of John D. Rockefeller) by Ron Chernow.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein

Return to “What are you currently reading?”