• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 767 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:04 am

Getting Book Reviews Sells Books

A forum for authors, as well as aspiring authors, to connect, network, and converse about all facets of writing, publishing, and promotion.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
hlawrence
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Re: Getting Book Reviews Sells Books

Unread post

I have been searching for places that will provide free book reviews and I have had very little response as far a book reviews. I would be interested in ideas.
Murmur
Internet Sage

Unread post

hlawrence wrote:I have been searching for places that will provide free book reviews and I have had very little response as far a book reviews. I would be interested in ideas.
What do you mean? You want reviewers to review your book and publish their thoughts on the internet? Like at Amazon?
hlawrence

Unread post

Hello,
getting reviews are difficult especially on Amazon. I have checked on other review sites and majority of them will charge money to post a review of your book. I managed to find one site readersfavorite.com that will review a book for free if you don't mind the wait. They do have paid services that will review a book for faster results.
Murmur
Internet Sage

Unread post

Regarding this site, people come on here and ask for reviews. I've reviewed someone's book for free in the past. So perhaps you can just post a link to your book here and ask for volunteers for a review. Would that be what you're looking for?
hlawrence

Unread post

Hello,
I am looking for volunteers to review my book "Riding on the Hearts of Love" here is the link
https://www.amazon.com/Riding-Hearts-Lo ... ts+of+love
Thanks,
Raul Sanchez
All Your Posts are Belong to Us!

Unread post

Personally, I would never pay for a review. And in any case, they can be positive or negative. And sometimes they are fake reviews. I hope Amazon puts more tools to avoid having unverified-purchases reviews.
Sell More and Better, Eternal Sales Techniques beyond Internet
righter777
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Nancy i couldn't have put it better, onc person's interest in a specific subject is completely different to another. It is a reality though that the majority of consumers do pay attentiom to the reviews. It does create book buzz whether the review is good or bad. Amazon currently has a rule whereas people who purchasee the book should spend a certain amount before being able to write review, I think they should really think of changing this...not everyone has the budget for this also it robs the author from someone that was willing to write a review just because they could not afford to meet the purchase target at check-out. It is hard enough to get reviews.

Feel free to read and be so kind to review my poetic diary * Same Journey Different Paths *
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JDD78Z1/re ... rent+paths

Goodreads
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/436 ... rent-paths

Return to “Author's Lounge”