Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:32 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
Can you guys please help me find this book??? 
Official Newbie!

Post Can you guys please help me find this book???
So the other day i randomly remembered a series of books that i had read as a young child and can't seem to find them online anywhere because i don't know the exact name.
It was something along the lines of
"what the future will be like"
"What the future will look like"
Or something similar.
Basically they were books about near future technology, the pages would have concept art for pretty everything ranging from computers to cars to household items.
They must have been published around late 90s or early 2000s, i was in elementary school when i read them and i remember finding that at every library i went to at the time.
Hopefully someone here remembers them, it's driving me insane lol

Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:34 am
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Thinks Reading is Sexy

BookTalk.org Moderator
Silver Contributor

Post Re: Can you guys please help me find this book???
:welcome:

I doubt these are it since they weren't written for children, but here's one possibility published 10/1/1986. In the book July 20, 2019: Life in the 21st Century Arthur C. Clarke looked ahead exactly 50 years from when man first landed on the moon and made quite a few predictions. One I recall is all babies will undergo extensive genetic testing to sort out which weaknesses and strengths they have, partly to improve health, partly to guide them in directions suited to their natural talents. This might make a great BookTalk discussion in July of this year! :RockOn:

Another less likely candidate is Optimism One The Emerging Radicalism by F.M. Esfandiary. I read that book in the 70's and as I recall, as the title indicates, it attempts to break down pessimism and details how wonderfully awesome the future will be. It's on my list to re-read to see how accurate it was. Published in 1970.

Other than that, you could look through old copies of Popular Mechanics magazine, which frequently included articles about future tech, not sure if they still do...

Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:22 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.