• In total there are 40 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 40 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

End Times

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
PJPross
Getting Comfortable

Re: End Times

Unread post

Harry Marks wrote:All those hundreds of millions of planets circling other stars exist for the purpose of selling the book. That's easy.
:excuseme: My book isn't written on a secular level and is ONLY for those who are truly searching for answers in earnest. I'd rather individuals NOT to purchase my book if they're not sincere about reading its contents. I prefer those who are genuinely seeking or already knowledgeable and enjoy reading various books on the topic. There are many others like me who "understand." I'm straightforward. There's no chicanery going on here. I'd rather give my books away. Oh, by the way...Happy New Year! and :chillpill:
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

Your conscious isn't ready to accept the higher levels of truth of our existence which can never be discovered via the five senses.
So I gather you think reading your book won't do any good unless the reader's mind is open to some sort of supernatural truth? Asking, not attacking...
PJPross
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

LanDroid wrote:
Your conscious isn't ready to accept the higher levels of truth of our existence which can never be discovered via the five senses.
So I gather you think reading your book won't do any good unless the reader's mind is open to some sort of supernatural truth? Asking, not attacking...
Of course not. There are other authors who are just as knowledgeable. My book is only one of many. There are those who comprehend and those who do not. It's not going to do you and others any good to read my book if you are not sincere about understanding the topic and have no intuitive comprehension about "truth." Which by the way has NOTHING to do with the "supernatural" LOL. Eventually everyone must follow the path to "truth" or "self-realization." Some are wiser and do so consciously while others are blinded and have no more understanding of their existence than the animals. My book is to inspire; however, each person must take their own path and work on themselves I (and others like me) can only point the way. Nevertheless, I don't go back-and-forth with those who lack understanding. It's a waste of time. "When the pupil is ready, the teacher appears." It's much like a job...if someone has no knowledge of the job they must be willing to be sincere and learn, if not, they are a waste of the company's time." It's not my goal/job to convince others...you have a free will to do as you please. However, I do take to heart those who are sincere and look for means of growth during their earthly journey. Anyway, I wish you well...!
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Unread post

PJPross wrote: :excuseme: My book isn't written on a secular level and is ONLY for those who are truly searching for answers in earnest. I'd rather individuals NOT to purchase my book if they're not sincere about reading its contents. I prefer those who are genuinely seeking or already knowledgeable and enjoy reading various books on the topic. There are many others like me who "understand." I'm straightforward. There's no chicanery going on here. I'd rather give my books away. Oh, by the way...Happy New Year! and :chillpill:
Always a pleasure hearing from the enlightened.

Question, oh, learnéd one: If someone truly searching for answers in earnest, and sincere about reading its contents, judges your book folly, superstition and pseudo-intellectual claptrap, is that person among the ONLY ones your book is for? The person will have met your stated criteria.
"I have a great relationship with the blacks."
Donald J. Trump
PJPross
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Litwitlou wrote:
PJPross wrote: :excuseme: My book isn't written on a secular level and is ONLY for those who are truly searching for answers in earnest. I'd rather individuals NOT to purchase my book if they're not sincere about reading its contents. I prefer those who are genuinely seeking or already knowledgeable and enjoy reading various books on the topic. There are many others like me who "understand." I'm straightforward. There's no chicanery going on here. I'd rather give my books away. Oh, by the way...Happy New Year! and :chillpill:
Always a pleasure hearing from the enlightened.

Question, oh, learnéd one: If someone truly searching for answers in earnest, and sincere about reading its contents, judges your book folly, superstition and pseudo-intellectual claptrap, is that person among the ONLY ones your book is for? The person will have met your stated criteria.
There are those who can view the most beautiful work of art and find something wrong with it. Each person has the right to do so. It has nothing to do with me one way or the other. "If a person has tasted an orange a person who hasn't tasted an orange cannot tell the other person that oranges do not exist just because they themselves haven't tasted them!" Earth is a school and everyone is at their own grade level. I don't expect one who is in 2nd grade to understand what one in the 10th grade knows. Those who understand will benefit from my book those who don't won't. Take care...!
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

There are those who can view the most beautiful work of art and find something wrong with it. Each person has the right to do so. It has nothing to do with me one way or the other. "If a person has tasted an orange a person who hasn't tasted an orange cannot tell the other person that oranges do not exist just because they themselves haven't tasted them!" Earth is a school and everyone is at their own grade level. I don't expect one who is in 2nd grade to understand what one in the 10th grade knows. Those who understand will benefit from my book those who don't won't. Take care...!
Are you saying that what you claim as truth in your book is all subjective, like art or taste? Is there no objectivity, no dealing with facts and evidence?

I think Litwit's question still matters. If someone reads your book and finds untruths or errors in your logic, has this person not met your criteria? The majority of errors in logic are black or white, and nothing like art or taste. You either commit the error, or you don't. It's almost mathematical in its precision. Are you saying that anyone who is enlightened would ignore logical errors, if you've committed them?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
PJPross
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Interbane wrote:
Are you saying that what you claim as truth in your book is all subjective, like art or taste? Is there no objectivity, no dealing with facts and evidence?

I think Litwit's question still matters. If someone reads your book and finds untruths or errors in your logic, has this person not met your criteria? The majority of errors in logic are black or white, and nothing like art or taste. You either commit the error, or you don't. It's almost mathematical in its precision. Are you saying that anyone who is enlightened would ignore logical errors, if you've committed them?
This is why I wrote "you don't understand and you're not ready." And that's fine. It's not about meeting "my" criteria. It's not about "my" judgement. "Truth" is not about personal conjectures (it's not subjective). When I mention "truth" you are thinking from a worldly perspective which has NOTHING to do with "truth." The world is NOT what it appears to be. Self-realized, enlightened truth is discovered intuitively and surpasses the five-senses. You can't "reason" your way to truth. You haven't discovered it. It has NOTHING to do with superstition, absurdity, or illogicality. In fact, "spiritual-truth/self-realization" is very scientific. However, instead of being a "material scientist" one becomes a "spiritual scientist." There's no emotional dogma or irrationality. "Truths" are proven to oneself. I'm not going to go back-and-forth with you about something you have absolutely no understanding of when there are those who do comprehend and would benefit more. They are the ones who need my time more. It's much like a classroom. Those who disrupt the class are not there for learning. It's best to put them out-of-the-class so that the teacher can dedicate their time to those who are "awake" and want to learn. When the "student" decides they are "ready to learn" they are welcomed back in the classroom. A student doesn't come to class to teach the teacher and you are not conceiving my words. That's OK...It's not a problem for me but I have no more time for your post. They're irrelevant for my purpose. I won't be replying again. Good Bye
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

PJPross wrote:Self-realized, enlightened truth is discovered intuitively and surpasses the five-senses. You can't "reason" your way to truth.
This can be shown to be false in so many ways. Yes, you can reason your way to the truth. What other way do you suppose the truth is reached? By eating cheetos? Intuition can sometimes lead to the truth, but it often fails. And there is no litmus test we've discovered that shows on person's intuition to be better than another's without judging the end product of that intuition against fact. Which means that even when you have an intuition, it must still be aligned with sound logic and evidence, ie reasoning. There's no way around this, if the "truth" is your goal. Fuzzy language won't get you closer.
"Truths" are proven to oneself.
Sorry, no they aren't. We're terrible at discovering the truth. You, me, all of us. Truths don't prove themselves to us. We have to fight and kick and scream for every morsel, and it's often painful. This fighting and kicking and screaming is against ourselves, against what we want to be true, against what we 'intuit' to be true, against what we 'feel' is true. We're untrustworthy at finding the truth, shown by how wrong the majority of us are about so many things. So, we have to outsource this "discovery" process. We can't simply "feel" what's true, as that is PROVEN to be faulty. We NEED systems like logic, math, and science to intervene on our behalf. You are no exception. "Truths" do not prove themselves to you, that's infinitely arrogant.
It's best to put them out-of-the-class so that the teacher can dedicate their time to those who are "awake" and want to learn.
Team Deepak Chopra has absolute confidence, don't they? PJ, you're not the teacher.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

Just buy the book, wouldja?
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Interbane wrote:
Intuition can sometimes lead to the truth, but it often fails.
Yeah, but, you know, it's the deepest truths we arrive at by intuition that intellects like Einstein (in quotes below) spoke about.

The "rational" mind is the servant in all this.. Some of us have grown so haughty on our provincial genius and success, we've forgotten the "sacred"

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.
We all know you admire secular saints like Buffet, Gates, and Carrier. And I'm willing to bet you're pretty darn good at balancing your checkbook.

But, still..., I'll gladly appeal to an intellectual authority like Einstein in this case.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”