• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 736 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:38 am

New Author

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
n23j26
Getting Comfortable

New Author

Unread post

My book is spiritually related. It is about topics from the bible that many people don't understand. These are topics are broken down into sections and explained in detailed. The title of this Non Fiction book is "What Your Pastor Won't Tell You, But Should".. It is a very informative book.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: New Author

Unread post

Got a link?
n23j26
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

It's on amazon. Just type in the title and it comes up
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Mu suggestion was to help you. People are a heck of a lot more inclined to click on a link than to run a search.
n23j26
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Ok. Sorry. I will try to get the link and post it. Thanks
n23j26
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Good evening everyone, sorry it took me so long to get back with you, but here is the link that was previously requested. Again, I do apologize

https://www.amazon.com/What-Your-Pastor ... p_swatch_0?
_encoding=UTF8&qid=1545168911&sr=8-1
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Unread post

This subject interests me. I'm always curious about interpretations of the Bible. I've read it and think very little of it, to put it mildly. Maybe I don't see what others see so I checked your link and began reading your book.

What Your Pastor Won't Tell You, But Should

The title is troublesome. What Your Pastor Won't Tell You... should be the title. "But Should" is implied. A little mystery is added. It's just a better title,

"Hi, my name is, well!"

Your name is not "well' and that is not a complete sentence. "My names [sic] not important, the message of this book is."

Your name is printed in big letters under the title of the book. If your name's not important why bring it up? We've already read your name. We understand you think the message is important because you wrote a book about it. These introductory sentences should grab your target audience's attention, instead, they are pointless.

"I'm going to talk about some things that your pastor/preacher, things that they are supposed to preach in their sermons but they don't, the reason being may be because they are either trying to avoid losing members of their church or they themselves are not living according to the word."

I'm going to talk about things your pastors/preachers should discuss in their sermons. Issues they avoid for fear of offending parishioners, or because they will be exposed as hypocrites.

You see the difference.

I read beyond this but it's more of the same.
You may make excellent points in your book. You may be the finest theoretical theologian since Martin Luther. Your insights may be brilliant but I'll never know because you're impossible to read.

The Elements of Style
by William Strunk Jr. and E.B. White

This is a small book — only 105 pages and you can read it free, online in pdf. Do yourself a favor – read this book, please. Here's what Wiki says about it...

The Elements of Style is a prescriptive American English writing style guide in numerous editions. The original was composed by William Strunk Jr., in 1918, and published by Harcourt, in 1920, comprising eight "elementary rules of usage", ten "elementary principles of composition", "a few matters of form", a list of 49 "words and expressions commonly misused", and a list of 57 "words often misspelled". E. B. White greatly enlarged and revised the book for publication by Macmillan in 1959. That was the first edition of the so-called "Strunk & White", which Time named in 2011 as one of the 100 best and most influential books written in English since 1923."
(Wiki)

This is the best I can do for you at 4:28 am. Come back after the rewrite, as I said, the topic fascinates me.

"I have a great relationship with the blacks."
Donald J. Trump
n23j26
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Hi, thank you for your opinion. I did go back and make a few changes but not a lot. These are changes that I was going to make anyway, I re read the word carefully for myself just to make sure that it was not impossible to read, me personally, I don't find it impossible to read, that may be because when I read the bible for myself, I read in Spirit and in truth anyway. I also wanted to make sure that I was not using words that a person could not understand, and that does not seem to be the case. The book is about different things that I myself have heard people question because they did not understand, It is not a rewrite of the bible and is not meant to be. You are suppose to give your honest opinion when it comes to reviewing material which I do respect. Thank You for your opinion, that is what we are here for.
n23j26
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Hi. I just wanted to let everyone know that you can go to amazon.com/author/tnw
To read my book for free. Its a great book and i think whomever reads it, will love it. Also, my new book will be up in about a week, i will let you know when. I hope everyone is doing well. God Bless.
n23j26
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Good evening. I am so excited. I received confirmation today that my book " What Your Pastor Won't Tell You, But Should" is going to be put in the collection for check out at my local Library. So excited. Have a Blessed Evening

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”