• In total there are 32 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 31 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Draining the swamp - Thank you Donald Trump

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Re: Draining the swamp - Thank you Donald Trump

Unread post

Here's a great example of how Donnie and the Trumpettes drain the swamp.

"According to Reuters, Wheeler worked at the EPA in the 1990s, and was later a staffer for Senator Jim Inhofe (R-OK), an outspoken climate change denier. He later lobbied for energy companies such as Murray Energy Corp and Xcel Energy. Prior to his appointment as the top official at the EPA, he had been the agency’s deputy administrator for several months."

the-scientist.com/news-opinion/trump-to ... head-65103

Wheeler is one of the larger reptiles in the swamp.
"I have a great relationship with the blacks."
Donald J. Trump
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Unread post

DWill wrote:
What about it, Geo, DWill? Do you find these MAGA Hat assaults deplorable, or not? They are by definition acts of violence against people who's freedom of expression is constitutionally protected in this country.
Hadn't heard about the hat-slapping, either. I think geo got it right with "puerile and indecent." As for Sarah Sanders, for the life of me I can't understand how she says what she does, but I feel bad for her if people are being mean and nasty.

I'm watching the news now, a story about Trump's visit to Pittsburgh. I think he was right to go there. I can't see the reasoning of the people who are saying he should stay away.
No one asked me but I find knocking a person's hat off his head deplorable. Especially when it's because of a political disagreement. Free speech is free speech. People should be free to wear MAGA hats in peace just as I should be to have a Keep Calm and Resist decal on my car without someone smashing the glass.
Donald J. Trump
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

Not kidding here..,

The left made an absolute brilliant move by voting Ocasio-Cortez into the political playing field.

Weaponizing STUPID:

Ending climate change will end racism/social injustice

https://youtu.be/ysUvmFbod4w
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

Hundreds of years after the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, it is indeed stupid to imagine that anything will end racism or social injustice in America.
Isaiah 1:15

But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
Exodus 21: 23 - 25
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Conservatives certainly think they've got a poster woman for the unprepared, misinformed politician in Ocasio-Cortez. They won't leave her alone. But how effective is it, really, to use that tactic to distract from another equally unprepared, uniformed politician who happens to occupy a slightly higher office than the 29-year-old congresswoman? At any rate, some conservatives say the attacks are shallow and ultimately more discrediting to those making them than to Ocasio-Cortez. https://nypost.com/2018/11/25/cheap-sho ... io-cortez/

OK, so she has been prone to some gaffes. I have to think that the disproportionate reaction to her stems from fear of her influence over young voters who want change. She's not a wallflower, I admire her for that, doesn't appeared overawed by the institution. And some of her ideas just might be good ones; they might even be ideas that conservatives complaining about "the swamp" should like. Example: reforms to the way business is done in Congress.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpos ... 5d790402f2
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Unread post

LanDroid wrote:Hundreds of years after the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, it is indeed stupid to imagine that anything will end racism or social injustice in America.
“You and we are different races. We have between us a broader difference than exists between almost any other two races. Whether it is right or wrong I need not discuss, but this physical difference is a great disadvantage to us both, as I think your race suffer very greatly, many of them by living among us, while ours suffer from your presence. In a word we suffer on each side. If this is admitted, it affords a reason at least why we should be separated.”
— Abraham Lincoln

"Lincoln hosted a delegation of freed slaves at the White House in the hopes of getting their support on a plan for colonization in Central America. Given the “differences” between the two races and the hostile attitudes of whites towards blacks, Lincoln argued, it would be “better for us both, therefore, to be separated.”

The Lincoln Administration set aside funds to help ex-slaves and negro freemen succeed in Liberia. The colonization solution was a concrete project long before Lincoln. before Lincoln.

"Founded on April 25, 1822, Monrovia is the capital city of the West African country of Liberia. Located on the Atlantic Coast at Cape Mesurado, Monrovia had a population of 1,010,970 as of the 2008 census. With 29% of the total population of Liberia, Monrovia is the country's most populous city.
Monrovia is named in honor of U.S. President James Monroe, a prominent supporter of the colonization of Liberia and the American Colonization Society."

https://www.history.com/news/5-things-y ... ancipation

The upshot is that the native population did not accept the American negroes as African.

Maybe in 20-40 years when people of color outnumber Wasps something may be done about racism.
Donald J. Trump
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

DWill wrote:Conservatives certainly think they've got a poster woman for the unprepared, misinformed politician in Ocasio-Cortez. They won't leave her alone. But how effective is it, really, to use that tactic to distract from another equally unprepared, uniformed politician who happens to occupy a slightly higher office than the 29-year-old congresswoman? At any rate, some conservatives say the attacks are shallow and ultimately more discrediting to those making them than to Ocasio-Cortez. https://nypost.com/2018/11/25/cheap-sho ... io-cortez/

OK, so she has been prone to some gaffes. I have to think that the disproportionate reaction to her stems from fear of her influence over young voters who want change. She's not a wallflower, I admire her for that, doesn't appeared overawed by the institution. And some of her ideas just might be good ones; they might even be ideas that conservatives complaining about "the swamp" should like. Example: reforms to the way business is done in Congress.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpos ... 5d790402f2

Unbelievable.

Why should anyone leave a public servant voted to be a representative of the people alone? Particularly in the political square? That's ridiculous.

My pointing out her stupidity is NOT a "tactic" to distract anyone from anything. I suspect there are many concerned citizens like myself who's motives are not as petty as you undoubtedly presume are true of everyone on the right, or center (like myself).

Ocasio-Cortez's blundering buffoonery is not something inconsequential. As such, the verbal attacks directed at her are not simply "shallow." Countless expressions from her have exposed the total absence of a very BASIC understanding of political structures, judicial processes, and historical understanding.

More to the point; what's truly alarming is the amount of people that are oblivious to her obliviousness and voted for her. That's what's scary about all this.

You can't hide or fix stupid.

You're a bright person, DWILL.. I know you always are first to distributed a little intellectual charity. But this is well beyond that. It's flat-out dangerous.
Last edited by ant on Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

ant wrote:Ocasio-Cortez's blundering buffoonery is not something inconsequential. As such, the verbal attacks directed at her are not simply "shallow." Countless expressions from her have exposed the total absence of a very BASIC understanding of political structures, judicial processes, and historical understanding.
Everything you say above regarding her applies twofold to Trump.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Interbane wrote:
ant wrote:Ocasio-Cortez's blundering buffoonery is not something inconsequential. As such, the verbal attacks directed at her are not simply "shallow." Countless expressions from her have exposed the total absence of a very BASIC understanding of political structures, judicial processes, and historical understanding.
Everything you say above regarding her applies twofold to Trump.

Hey, pal.., I'm honest enough with myself to acknowledge that. And, again, I didn't vote for the guy.

You on the other hand wave off crimes against immigrants as something that we "cant expect to report on all the time" (paraphrased) - especially when it's happening when your guy is sitting in the White House.
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

ant wrote:You on the other hand wave off crimes against immigrants as something that we "cant expect to report on all the time" (paraphrased) - especially when it's happening when your guy is sitting in the White House.
Are you referring to my comment that the left doesn't report against its own side, and vice versa from the right? Not only is that a true comment, but it applies to you as well, in your silence towards the crimes of the current administration.

That doesn't mean I'm dismissive of it. I would HOPE both sides report on the crimes of their own side. I would HOPE you speak out against what Trump does, but I don't expect it. You have such a burning hatred for me that you misconstrue me this bad?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams

Return to “Current Events & History”