OFFICIAL POLL: Vote on our next FICTION book! (Nov. thru Jan. 2019)
Please help us select our next FICTION book for group discussion. This is for the 90-day discussion period of November and December 2018 and January of 2019. This is the official poll so here are the simple rules...
1. Only vote if you have 10 or more posts on our forums AND fully intend to participate in the next fiction book discussion. We only want people that are likely to participate voting and influencing our book selection process. If you currently have less than 10 posts the odds are you won't actually participate. We know this from years of experience. So if you want to vote then please start interacting on the forums. It is quite easy to get to 10 or more forum posts.
2. You should vote for as many books on the poll as you like. We have 4 choices and if you like all 4 books then vote for all 4 books. The book that gets the most votes will be selected but it is much easier to pick a winner when people vote for more than one book.
3. Please click on the links and read about each of the 4 book choices. All of these books have great reviews. And BOOK #4 doesn't have any reviews on Amazon.com but it was a finalist for the Man Booker Award. That's a big deal.
4. You can change your vote all the way up to when the poll closes. We don't have an end date for this poll yet. Let's see how many votes we get. If we have a clear winner then we'll close the poll somewhere near the end of October. If we don't have enough participation in this poll we will keep the poll open until we do.
5. After you vote please make a post and share your feelings about the book choices. It is perfectly acceptable (and desirable) to try to sway the vote one way or the other. Sell us on your book favorites. Afterall, the goal is to find a great book we can all enjoy. So use your persuasive skills. Here are our 4 fiction book choices...BOOK 1The Last Unicorn
Peter S. BeagleBOOK 2Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
Susanna ClarkeBOOK 3The Ocean at the End of the Lane: A Novel
Neil GaimanBOOK 4Everything Under: A Novel