Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:31 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 1, 5.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 5.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 5.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 5.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 5.00 on the average.  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Draining the swamp - Thank you Donald Trump 
Years of membership
Wearing Out Library Card

Silver Contributor

Post Re: Draining the swamp - Thank you Donald Trump
ant wrote:
They all say it..

"This may be the most important election of your lifetime!"

The people who have said that throughout history are those who are no longer in power.

https://reason.com/archives/2018/10/26/ ... ssion=true

Reason.com Read it. Believe it. Or else!

Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:08 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
critical of books shorter than 1000 pages

Book Discussion Leader

KindaSkolarly wrote:
But the Left will play some interesting cards between now and election day, I’m sure. Like the current fake “bombing” story. The day the story broke, the number one searched term on google was “false flag.” That’s what the event is. And everybody knows it.

This is really not credible. I saw declarations that it was a false flag campaign before he was caught, and some that said he had no doubt been assassinated by the left so that he would not talk. Most of those people have the sense to stop talking when the facts roll in. But no, you are going to tell us that it was a Broward County fix and all the evidence about the guy is a smokescreen. :slap:

Evidence is wasted on some people.

Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:52 pm
Profile Email
Years of membership
Asleep in Reading Chair

What I find odd about the bombing story is how the packages were delivered without cancelling the stamps. They were sent to widely separated locations, so the "bomber" must have been zipping around at light speed in his van. And that van... In America today, insane Leftists feel that it is their right to slap a Trump supporter's hat off his or her head. That's the climate that "Resist" leader Clinton and other handlers have created. Yet, the "bomber" drives around all over the US, depositing his envelopes in various locations, in this:

That thing would have been torched within a week of hitting the streets.

Here's the guy's arrest record:

https://www.commondreams.org/sites/defa ... k=VsNUoTve

Lots of problems in Broward. They had him by the balls on something. He did what he was told to do, and now he's in the custody of the FBI.

My favorite story about this kind of FBI thing is still the KKK march.

It's estimated by some that as many as half of the members of the KKK are FBI informants. This from 2007:

Florida Neo-Nazi rally was organized by FBI informant

February 15, 2007

A paid FBI informant was the man behind a neo-Nazi march through the streets of Parramore that stirred up anxiety in Orlando’s black community and fears of racial unrest that triggered a major police mobilization.

That revelation came Wednesday in an unrelated federal court hearing and has prompted outrage from black leaders, some of whom demanded an investigation into whether the February 2006 march was, itself, an event staged by law-enforcement agencies.

The FBI would not comment on what it knew about the involvement of its informant, 39-year-old David Gletty of Orlando, in the neo-Nazi event. In court Wednesday, an FBI agent said the bureau has paid its informant at least $20,000 during the past two years.

“Wow,” Gletty said when reached by phone late Wednesday. “It is what it is. You were there in court. I can’t really go into any detail now.”

blogs.ubc.ca/ross/2007/03/florida-neo-n ... informant/

Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:15 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Platinum Contributor

KindaSkolarly wrote:
My favorite story about this kind of FBI thing is still the KKK march.

It's estimated by some that as many as half of the members of the KKK are FBI informants. This from 2007:

This is the way you work: cite a "fact," then provide a piece of evidence which, if read at all carefully, doesn't substantiate the "fact." Nothing in the Sentinel story supports the absurd claim that half of KKK membership is FBI. Take a conservative estimate of KKK membership, 5,000. Anyone who believes the Bureau is devoting 2,500 of its agents to such a mission has a serious credulity problem.

Late edit: I mistakenly read your claim as "FBI agents" rather than what you wrote, "FBI informants." I apologize for that error.

Last edited by DWill on Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

The following user would like to thank DWill for this post:
Litwitlou
Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:12 am
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Gold Contributor

Quote:
In America today, insane Leftists feel that it is their right to slap a Trump supporter's hat off his or her head. That's the climate that "Resist" leader Clinton and other handlers have created. Yet, the "bomber" drives around all over the US, depositing his envelopes in various locations, in this:

I like to wait for facts to start rolling out in high profile cases like this before I jump to conclusions. This guy seems to fit the "I'm crazy" profile that would fit crimes like this.

Having said that, you're partially correct with your comments about the "resist" climate: the left has contributed to the current political climate, particularly pencil head liberals like Maxine Waters. One only needs to search youtube for dozens of incidents involving citizens confronting people wearing these "MAGA" red caps and sometimes slapping them off the heads of people.
I wonder why the more reasonable liberals never come forward and condemn assaults like this. My guess is that it's due to their hypocritical politics.

What about it, Geo, DWill? Do you find these MAGA Hat assaults deplorable, or not? They are by definition acts of violence against people who's freedom of expression is constitutionally protected in this country.

There was a hashtag circulating on social media recently titled #KeepNYCTrashFree. A user flagged a post under this hashtag of a picture of what seems to be a miniature billboard affixed to a public trash bin in NYC. The billboard has a profile drawing woman wearing a MAGA hat and holding a bible. She is circled out with a heading "Keep America Trash Free"
In this day and age of photoshop, it can be difficult to determine fact from fiction. If the above is indeed a true picture it has to be considered extremely alarming. This type of propaganda is equivalent to the NAZI propaganda that was used to dehumanize Jewish citizens.

For a factual and recent example of the left dehumanizing a political figure, look no further than the reprehensible treatment of Sara Huckabee Sanders. The left's treatment of her has been both foul and sexist. The latter, ironic because the left is allegedly the champion of women's rights.

But, you know.., "They go low, we go high"

The following user would like to thank ant for this post:
Harry Marks
Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:41 am
Profile Email
Years of membership
Wearing Out Library Card

Silver Contributor

I'm confused. Which are the plain old facts, and which are fancy new alternative facts?

The following user would like to thank Litwitlou for this post:
Harry Marks
Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:53 am
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

BookTalk.org Moderator
Platinum Contributor

ant wrote:
One only needs to search youtube for dozens of incidents involving citizens confronting people wearing these "MAGA" red caps and sometimes slapping them off the heads of people. I wonder why the more reasonable liberals never come forward and condemn assaults like this. My guess is that it's due to their hypocritical politics.

What about it, Geo, DWill? Do you find these MAGA Hat assaults deplorable, or not?

I wasn't aware of this new movement to slap MAGA hats off of people. And I never thought to search YouTube for such incidents. I wonder what else I'm missing. What other atrocities are being committed that have passed my radar simply because I've not witnessed them firsthand?

To answer your question, I would never condone such an act. It's puerile and indecent. I would guess the MAGA hat tipping is the kind of thing that FoxNews likes to trump up on one of their "talk" segments. But you could search YouTube and find all kinds of equally offensive behavior and it really proves nothing about liberals or conservatives, only that people can behave very stupidly for a variety of reasons.

The following user would like to thank geo for this post:
ant, Litwitlou
Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:31 am
critical of books shorter than 1000 pages

Book Discussion Leader

False flag hat slappers, clearly. That's why there's somebody there with a camera.

Please do not take this comment seriously (in case you were considering it).

The following user would like to thank Harry Marks for this post:
DWill
Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:07 pm
Profile Email

Gold Contributor

Harry Marks wrote:
False flag hat slappers, clearly. That's why there's somebody there with a camera.

Please do not take this comment seriously (in case you were considering it).

It would be funny to some, but not to those who experienced the battery.

Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:22 pm
Profile Email

Gold Contributor

Here is left wing elitest loony James Cromwell promoting a bloody revolution [ "there will be blood on the streets"] if Trump is not stopped.

https://variety.com/2018/scene/awards/j ... 203006836/

Of course Cromwell would likely stay put in his gated community if there was a bloody revolution.

That's what I love about Hollywood leftwing nuts; they're willing to come out and get blood on themselves when the going gets tough.

The following user would like to thank ant for this post:
Harry Marks
Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:18 pm
Profile Email

Platinum Contributor

Quote:
What about it, Geo, DWill? Do you find these MAGA Hat assaults deplorable, or not? They are by definition acts of violence against people who's freedom of expression is constitutionally protected in this country.

Hadn't heard about the hat-slapping, either. I think geo got it right with "puerile and indecent." As for Sarah Sanders, for the life of me I can't understand how she says what she does, but I feel bad for her if people are being mean and nasty.

I'm watching the news now, a story about Trump's visit to Pittsburgh. I think he was right to go there. I can't see the reasoning of the people who are saying he should stay away.

The following user would like to thank DWill for this post:
ant
Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:27 pm
Years of membership
Asleep in Reading Chair

Trump is criticized no matter what he does. A sampling a couple of weeks ago showed that 92% of reporting by the mainstream media is anti-Trump. I could see what the MSM had in store for him back during the presidential campaign, when he disavowed David Duke (former KKK, former politician). He disavowed him, then a few days later some reporter wrote that Trump needed to account for his support of Duke. Trump disavowed Duke again. The false claim / disavowal stuff went on for a couple of months. The media kept saying that Trump supported Duke, and Trunk kept disavowing. I think that’s when he started talking about the Fake-stream news.

Meanwhile, we have Hillary Clinton NOT in the news for saying all blacks look alike. That was last week. She and her supporters laughed after she said it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBJQpRwzKwc

The Left is so profoundly racist. Blacks have figured out what’s going on though. The WalkAway movement is huge now...former Democrats walking away from the Democratic party. It's now being called the Blexit (Black Exit). Love this billboard in Houston:

It will be interesting to see how the elections turn out next week. Leftists are threatening violence if they don’t win something. In mid-term elections like this, the party that’s not in the White House historically makes gains in congress. But I wonder if that will happen this time. Democrats haven’t behaved very well the past couple of years. A new Republican ad addresses this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvPWYRUgmsg

In the first part of that ad the Republican numbers are phony, as politicking numbers tend to be, but the second part shows things as they are. Democrats are unhinged. They’re so unhinged that I wonder if the party will make significant gains.

Some guy did this list of unhinged acts committed against Republicans in the past couple of years. It’s a partial but good compilation, a stroll down Memory Lane:

twitter.com/pdabrosca/status/1057324510 ... 0473527302

Anyway, we’ll see if the Leftist strategy of Hate works in this election. If it does, maybe Hillary will use her new “all blacks look alike” message to propel her to the Democratic nomination in 2020.

Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:37 pm
Profile Email
Years of membership
Asleep in Reading Chair

You can depend on Broward County, Florida for election corruption:

investmentwatchblog.com/breaking-video- ... with-this/

Leftists are also trying to steal the governor's race in Florida, and in Arizona they're trying to steal another senate seat.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:48 am
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BookTalk.org Moderator
Gold Contributor

What do you think that video shows? That's how ballots are transported all over the country. What do you think they do, hire cops that drive armored trucks? :lol:

Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:33 am

Gold Contributor

Looks like chain of custody to me.

Broward County and ballot care... integrity issues

https://www.politico.com/states/florida ... nty-555553

https://www.politico.com/states/florida ... ace-415832

Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:50 am
Profile Email
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 1, 5.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 5.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 5.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 5.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 5.00 on the average.  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next